Seasonal Confessions: Do You Believe in the Great Punkin?

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

This mess you speak of is why we now have flourishing patient-to-patient forums on the Web. Some of them have extremely knowledgeable and proficient moderators. You can discuss things that the docs don't have time for or don't know.

(What do you need to look for if your thyroid meds aren't effective? Which "accepted truths" are really myths that have already been disproven? Why are endocrinologists typically the worst docs to go to for metabolic problems? Three ways to fire your doctor, and other amusing tales.)

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Do you have a specific medical forum that you like? I have a feeling there isn't much in modern medicine for my issues.

Santa Fe, NM

I bet there are all manner of supplements that might help. For sleep I get knocked out by one OTC antihistamine pill, diphenhydramine. They use it in OTC sleeping pills. Probably awful for me but it works. But, it only works if I use one no more than once a week. Otherwise, I get used to them. I have also used L-tryptophan with some decent results. If it is really impossible to sleep I meditate or just get up for awhile. I like a cup of chamomile tea before bed, too. Insomnia can be so draining. My step father could only sleep for 4 or 5 hours at night and he was up. He liked to go out to Denny's and have breakfast and in the winter he would go around and visit relatives to help them get their cars started to go to work! He was quite a character. He did like a nap after lunch, too.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

PJ, I'm doing searches and I'm seeing that there are several forums on neuropathy, but I'm looking for one with an expert who answers questions. Still looking. Meanwhile, have you seen this information?
http://www.mortonplant.com/bodycoe.cfm?id=569

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

No, I have read up on neuropathy on several web sites but the one above is the best I have seen. I had heard most of it before, though. I do not have diabetes or chronically high blood sugar. I gave up alcohol for a while to see if that would help it didn't. I am taking time release B vitamins so that shouldn't be the problem. In addition, I am a major foodie and live for fresh fruits and vegetables, so I suspect my diet is better than average.
I suspect entrapment caused by repetitive stress injuries as the source of all of this. This all started to get bad when I increased my treadmill workout to lower my triglycerides. I began to have weakness in my lumbar spine and a burning, prickling sensation in my feet and legs. But they aren't sure from what they see in the MRI.
I know of no autoimmune diseases and hope I have no tumors. With all the MRIs I have had lately, I would think they would have seen any tumors.
Thanks for this website. It is excellent. The most complete of them all.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.