Autumn Diversions Continued

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1053651/#new

Thumbnail by DenverJude
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks for the new thread DJ. We are flying into Las Vegas and then driving around and about through AZ and NM but I will wave at MT and CO on the way by. I hope to meet EVERYONE at Sofer's roundup in Kallispell the 3rd weekend of June 2010. I am going for sure. Sofer posted about it a couple of months ago but I don't think he started a thread? YOOO HOOO SOOOFEEEER we need a RU thread please.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I think I would pay $20 not to get a big thing of warped drywall snorkel. Good idea roybird.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Yes, Mulch! Rendez-vous in Kalispell next June. You MUST come.

It just so happens that's the same weekend the international folk dancers gather in Kalispell. So anyone who wants to get dragged off to town for a bit of wild & crazy eastern European dancing is certainly welcome. (I confess that there are also slow, simple dances.)

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

clueless jude here -
What is a "roundup in Kalispell"?

I'm afraid I don't know all the lingo on DG. I just figured out recently (from context) that DH stands for Dear Husband. As my own DH like to poke fun at me about - I'm not good with the TLAs (three letter acronyms). Colloquialisms tend to go right over my head as well.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

In that case: mulch, send me $10 and dahlianut, send me $20 and I won't send either of you any drywall. :-)

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Um... why are you charging Dnut more?

Jude, you must make up your own TLAs. Then people will think you know something they don't.

If Sofer ever gets his Roundup thread going, you'll hear all about it. I believe Dahlia found it on the NW forum. She flits about, you know.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I believe you might be correctamondo about the roundup thread being on the PNW Forum which sof linked here.

Luv Dahlianut
aka Forum Floozy

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Dahlianut said she would pay more not to be sent warped drywall, Picante. I'll actually not send her twice as much drywall since she is paying more. Shipping is free too!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

No shipping charges whoo hooo.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

ROFL.
(Jude, it means rolling on the floor laughing. Or anything else you can come up with.)

Santa Fe, NM

ROTFLMAO! Rolling on The floor laughing my ass off. All the abbreviations go right by me, too, Jude. And it took me forever to figure out emoticons. Which I am still not too sure about. I also Still don't know how to make "links". What form was the elk sausage in, BTW? By the Way. Dahlia, you and your D.H. can stay at our house if you can stand it and we will not make you take any dry wall! Guests from afar can't carry much. How about some old plastic forks? Or some condiments in packets? OOps! I forgot to say that a trip to Kalispell in the summer might be great fun.

This message was edited Nov 18, 2009 4:40 PM

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Darn right, roybird. Glacier National Park is within spittin' distance. Not to mention Canada.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

OK guys you have me neglecting my duties. The RU will be June 18-21st in Kalispell, MT and I will start a thread tonight.
We will have all of our columbines in bloom for the RU. Here is the site. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1042646/

This message was edited Nov 18, 2009 9:27 PM

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

I have started a lemonade stand to raise money to pay Dave for not sending me warped drywall. But it is so cold I have only raised 26 cents so far. And the lemonade cost me $3.29. This is not good.

Maybe I should not send drywall to dahlianut too, and then I can pay Dave and the lemonade bill from what she pays me. This should work!

Dahlia, I won't charge you shipping either!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm SO in the black with my savings on not-shipping free shipping charges. According to my 'free money' budget theory I can pay DwiD and Mulch AND still have dahliadollars left over for MORE dahlias ^_^

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

I Love that accounting method, Dahlia. Let me check around and see how much more warped drywall I might be able to not send you. Anything in the cause of more dahlias is worthwhile!

Santa Fe, NM

She'll need holes for those dahlias, Mulch! We are having a sale with wHolesale prices as a pre-black friday Blow Out. Or Whing Dhing. Every hole comes with some warped drywall and free pre-owned paint!

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

LOL it must be winter, the silliness is flowing!

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Oh, roybird, you are indeed a genius! I am so glad to be partnered with you.

I think the holes are pretty well dried out, except the top layer that got wet again from melting snow. I am headed out there with my blow dryer right now!

Lisabees, I see we crossposted. This is not silliness, I assure you. This is very very serious business indeed. Just order some of these lovely holes and you will see.

This message was edited Nov 20, 2009 3:12 PM

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Hmmmm... WELL
According to Sierra Trading Post, I have saved $15,229.81 over regular retail prices on all prior purchases.
Now I wonder what I could buy with that...
You know, the hole drywall thing just doesn't appeal to me, so don't get started, guys.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

snorkle!

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

If Sierra Trading Post were to retroactively raise the price that you didn't pay for the things you bought, leaving the price you did pay the same, you would have saved even more and would really be able to re-assess your future purchases.

I think we should send the idea to President Obama. Double MSRP and then send all the money we save to Washington to apply to the national debt. It will work as well as some of the creative interest programs have worked to help people purchase houses.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Due to a disagreement between my ISP (Comcast) and myself I will be down on internet connectivity for a bit. I cancelled my internet phone service in May because the sound quality was horrible. They confirmed the cancellation, but then didn't cancel the connection until September, later claiming they couldn't cancel it while I was renting their cable modem. In September they demonstrated they could cancel the phone service as they disconnected it and I still had their cable modem. I still have the modem because they skipped the appointment they made to collect it in July. I was home. They insist I owe them through September and I insist that it is through May. Probably won't be posting this weekend.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

The Better Business Bureau gives Comcast a 'D' rating due to their not responding to customer complaints or taking excessively long to do so.

Santa Fe, NM

We'll miss you! And we appreciated your advice on how to save Even More by retroactively raising prices. Take a note of that, Mulch. It is a good way to pass savings along to our customers.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

DwiD, that is just so wrong!!! I fear I might get started on some of these cable/internet/phone providers, it seems they are nearly as bad as the cell phone companies used to be! I do like my land line/internet provider, but my cable company is way less than stellar.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm so confused. Dave-who-is-Dave what does that mean? You are SO not allowed to leave us. Clause 29(6)(b) of the Rocky Mountain Forum Charter clearly states "if you are beluved you can never ever leave". Clause 42(6) says that if you have puter problems you are allowed to sort them out and be absent for a teensyweensy time but Clause 29(6)(b) takes precedent. I'm just quoting from the rules as they were explained to me. Ok I'm just gonna wait...........

Santa Fe, NM

I think he said just for the week end.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I'm back for the present. The home internet connection isn't redone yet. I did do my homework and have found another company that provides high speed, always-on connectivity (that isn't DSL) so I'll be getting set up with them soon. Before T-day would be ideal, but I'm not counting on it. In some ways its good. Zerbeebee has had to live without the television and I think its good for him.

Thank you for explaining the rules, dahlianut. Its good to know what I can and can't do regarding the RM forum. I don't remember signing anything when I joined, but its pretty normal not to remember those details. It is nice to be loved. I do have a question: are there any punishments for failing to comply with the rules? I'm always wary of love relationships that have punishments. :O

Yes it is wrong bsavage. I'm pondering what to do about it. Comcast has been completely unresponsive to what I have communicated to them, both verbally and in writing. I don't want to pay them for the service they haven't provided, don't want to have them send a collection agency after me and give me bad marks on my credit, don't want to have to fight them legally. No good answers. I do think I need to do something to discourage Comcast continuing to do business this way. Write the FCC?

Santa Fe, NM

That might help. Poor Zerbeebee without T.V.! Get the rhyme? Some companies are just awful to deal with. I recently has a bone density test at a doctor's office here. ( It was fine, I'm very dense. ) But, the office billed us for a test I had done there almost 10 years ago! They had not submitted it to our insurance at the time, so we told them it was the same insurance, submit it. Of course the insurance company refused to pay a bill sent so much later. I think within 3 years was their limit. So far, the medical office has not pursued it with us. But, we will probably hear from them sometime during the next 10 years, I imagine. No idea if they submitted the current bill.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

10 years? I don't think they can come to you as it was under your insurance at the time. Its not fair to you for them to come to you for the full amount.

Yes, poor Zerbeebee without the TV. How will he ever cope?
Since he complained too much or some such, I gave him the dog and some soap.
Seems that the work cured his irk and he found something better to do.
Now we'll see if the week remains free from further complaints all through.

Santa Fe, NM

An excellent rhyme!

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Yes, very good. And as a fellow parent of a teenager I totally get it :o).

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Thank you.

I suppose the upside to this system is that if the whining gets really bad I won't have to do any housework. If they don't like the system, set them on the course of actively improving it.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Am back from the Bozone. Also known as "Bozeperson" in politically correct language. I was taking a tango workshop there and became overwhelmed.

As usual, I have questions:
Does anyone actually pay MSRP for anything?
Would Zerbeebee like a book to read?
Is the dog clean?
If the govt. retroactively doubles the value of all homes in foreclosure, what effect would it have?
Roybird, are you serious? That is disgraceful.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Oops, one more questions. Dahlia, is there anything in the RM charter about this? I notice on other forums people are very considerate about warning others when a thread is "OT". I'm wondering if there is anything considered "OT" on this forum.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Picante,
No one pays MSRP, they use cash or their credit cards instead.
Zerbeebee would undoubtedly prefer reading a book to washing the dog.
Dogs are never clean, they are gruesomely disgusting and only need seconds in which to find some way to dirty themselves. We all love our dogs anyway.
If the government retroactively doubled the value of all homes in foreclosure, you can be sure it would benefit Wall Street somehow.
I have no idea if Roybird is serious.

I am not Dahlia. What the heck is OT anyway?????

Rocky Mountain forum does have a unique charter in that anything posted is considered on topic, in case you were wondering.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Dave-who-is-Dave there is no penalty for violating the RM Forum Charter. To have a penalty would actually violate Clause 1(g) which guarantees the right to freely do whatever you need you to do in the case of humanity, fairness, dancing or asteroid travel. Clause 1 takes precedent over all other clauses. I was just being sneaky cuz I thought you were going to leave us. Sorry (blush) Picante I do believe IMPO that Clause 69 is very clear on the OT (off topic) issue. It states 'The Rocky Mountain Forum will not and never shall recognize any topic as off topic. Members are allowed and might actually be encouraged to stray off topic at will" I REALLY like the 'stray at will part' ^_^

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Overtly Thoughtful
Obviously Trite
Ordinarily Trustworthy
Offhanded and Trippy
Oddly Tawdry
Overly Talkative
Outwardly ....?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.