Does anyone else think that there should be an Adenium list?

Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

Enough said. I just want to hear more about other caudiciforms.

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

It would be nice to have, I am purchasing some on the Internet, and like Brugmansia's it would be nice to have the names of different ones besides the red and white.

Doris

Christiansted, VI(Zone 11)

Check tropicanursery.com they have a page of flowers/names, and other caudiciforms, also. Find: catalogue index.

And baobabs.com, find the tour of their nursery, amazing!

I mean speaking about Diascoria, Pelargonium, and the other plants with cvaudexes our tuberous roots of note.
I like Adeniums, donkt get me wrong, but not all adenium all the time on a caudiciform list.

Rob

You're right, and I understood. It's just that DRs are the most common, so far.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

I'm with Rob. I love Adeniums too, but there must be some other caudiciforms that it would be interesting to learn about and see pictures of on this forum. I think the Adeniums could use their own forum because so many posts here are about them.

That's exactly what I am talking about, I have 3 adeniums, but I don't want to scare away people who are keepers of other caucidforms, with this looking like an adenium only list. That's my only concern.

Here's a link, please go look around the site. The black background makes it a little difficult to see, but this is an amazing website. Check out the garden tour!!!!

http://www.seedsplants.com/ResultChoix2.php?Lang=en&YY=Carac&VV=Designation%20ASC&XX=C&Titre=Caudiciform%20Plants

They do list right many Baobabs, saying they can be made into Bonsai. I'll have to try that, having plenty of Baobab seeds if I just go get them when the pods are ripe and falling off the trees here. I can't imagine one of those gigantic trees being a bonsai!

Pachypodiums, Beaucamea, Dorstenia,,,,

They also ask for comments. Seems that plants that develop caudex's are rather new to the general, worldwide gardening public.

Wilfred, you seem to have started something here. You did say you were giving away seeds in order to generate interest. LOL, do you have other kinds of plants that form a caudex besides DRs? We'll have to chip in and buy you twenty acres someplace... (I can see you now, rushing around on that much land! Aieeee!)

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Thanks for the link to the caudiciforms site Molamola! It's a great one!

Yeah, but I want one here on DG,

Well, how does one do that? I think it is called for.

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

ask Dave

Yoo hoo? Dave???

Continue this thread here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1061474/

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Maybe if we all D-mail to Melody from DG Admin. a letter or note requesting them to consider a Desert Rose Forum and explain why it would help the DG website they miet do it. All they would have to do is change this forum's name to Desert Rose Forum and create a new Caudiciforms Forum and transfer all the other treads that are not about Desert Rose to it since there happens to be so much less of them than they are of DR treads in this forum. I'm willing to help in requesting this change in the forum if every one is in agreement with this, this way all will be happy if DG Admin. accepts to do so.

Melissa I only have three small Pony tails besides the DRs, I did had other types ounces but gave them away as gift to my friend who really liked them, may will get some more in the future as I really like the caudex forms on different types of caudiciforms plants.

Wilfred

I did DMail and got back the instructions. Please click the http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1061474/ and discuss the issues. Thank you.

Thread Closed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.