New bees Seed Junkie chit chat Come in!! 12-14-09

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I'm so glad it went well blondie! Prayer is a very powerful thing!

Searching for all adventurous spirits and Treasure hunters. The Charley's girls explore.... Treasure Hunt (Plan B) is here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1063601/

Check it out, say hi and I'll post the first clue at 8pm. You can sign up anytime. No cut off time to play. Cut off time to finish is 6pm ET tomorrow. Read carefully LOL

Good LUCK!

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

That is so great blonde. Hope he gets home for Christmas and then you will have the greatest reason to celebrate the Lords Birth .

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Wonderful news, blonde. We will keep praying for all of you, and hope and pray that he will be out and home for Christmas!
Happy Birthday Mekos!
Kelly, Mom headed out to your part of the world this morning, going to be in Scottsdale for Christmas this year, with the family there. She took her swimming suit! LOL And we have and inch or 2 of snow here!

Good Morning everyone!

Hope this Sunday finds you finished with your Christmas shopping and enjoying your day. Hugs and blessings to you all.

Miss you Skellogg. Hope your business is growing and doing well.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Good morning. almost evening, it is a beautiful day, just so cold
, by my standards 37 with breezes. Feels cold anyhow.

Enid, OK

Mornin all! 41 here and on the rise! I may actually get something done today!
Trina if you check in here, I sent you a dmail.
I suck girls but I declined the bat seeds - I don't want to murder them. You know me, easy is good!!
Y'all have a great day - I am off to finish up some candles and a bowling ball gazing ball.
Lori

Show us some pics Candles! We have lots of easy seeds. Let us know what you want.

These sunflowers were at the grocery and were pretty cool. The pic shows orange but they are very red with purple 'collar' and dark center. Anyone know the name?

Thumbnail by seray53
Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Hi all,
How is everyone doing? Cold and blustery here . Don't know the temp LOL Really don't want to either. Just know it is too cold for me !

Making Snowman earrings for Cousin's G'kids.
Had to make Small ones for tiny ears. Got one more pair to make.Tomarrow first day of winter.
Then it will be SPRING> Yeah!!!

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Your sunflowers are beautiful Seray! There are several hybrid crosses and select O/P sunflowers for a huge selection of colors. Moulin Rouge is deep reddish maroon, along with Ring of Fire and Magic mixed colors. Sometimes a skilled florist can pick and choose from their own selections. It's just too hard to tell.

I have a huge amount of more or less generics available now, but I'm going to try some new and different ones in the Spring. Everybody seems to love sunflowers and they're so easy to grow for most. When I get large packets of the special ones, I'll split them up and share with those that are interested.

Al

Thanks for the info Al. I haven't seen any this dramatic before and I was just curious. Look good in my Goth garden if I can find it. :)

I'll have to search it out. If I can find it I'll send you some seeds to try with the rest of yours. Didn't think to ask the florist there at the grocery. I'll go back. :)

Hubby gre a few, It was dry last summer but a Brown one managed to make it and bloom, but before I got to get a pic. One of them dog-gone Donkeys or the mule ate it. Believe me Hubby was not a happy camper. They had to reach thru the Fence, so may have been our Darlin' Charley. uh-oh...run Charley Run!.....

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Good afternoon peeps! Trying to finish up last minute Christmas stuff - lol.

sk - your Mom will have a blast. We're forecast to be close to 70 all week long! Sure beats snow!

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Hey - The big storm missed us! It blew right straight south of here. Everybody south and east of us along the coast got hammered. We usually get it east from Lake Erie and Buffalo but not this time. Not even a trace of white stuff.

Al

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

HI Everyone been a gloomy snowy rainy day here. Working on the next to last gift almost finished so last one can be started tonight I think.
Here's some pictures for you to peek at

Thumbnail by Mindy03
Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Two

Thumbnail by Mindy03
Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

And three

Thumbnail by Mindy03
Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

OH Mindy, those are just beautiful! ^You are so talented. I so envy you since I haven't been able to do this for a couple years now. My mom does the kind with the tiny thread like No.3 but I never could do those. I like to use the knitting thread when I could. Fingers don't cooperate any more. Thank you so much for my DIL's baby blanket. She loved it and is going to bring the baby home from the hospital with it. You are so sweet to put so much time and love into making these. I know how much work it is and how time consumeing it is. Thank you so much and the snowman was so pretty as well. It is hanging on my tree. Thank you so much.

Love those Mindy!!! So pretty. Thanks for showing us the pics.

Glad you got a reprieve Al. Hope it holds for a little while longer.

Hugs to the rest of you. Hope you had a great day!

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi Seray, hope you got some rest from all the game work. I really enjoyed watching all that.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Nice Mindy!! You are very talented!

Only 5 days until Christmas...

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Hey all ,
Mindy those are beautiful.You have talked about them and showed us them ,that I think you have talked me into getting my threads and yarn out and giving it a shot for the winter again LOL I always loved crocheting and just quit when I hurt my fingers and haven't tried again but am going to now.
Have a great day all !

Very pretty, Mindy. You did great.

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Thanks everyone.
Flower I am humbled to read your post about maybe starting again. Just don't rush it and quit when your fingers say so and I think you'll do fine.
Mekos so glad your DIL liked the baby afghan it was a joy to make.
I'm off to see if I can finish up santa before the mail runs so I can mail it to my baby brother since I won't be seeing him

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

hello all... Beautiday day here... Ive managed to get the floors swept and mopped and the kitchen cabinets all washed down.... My boys went and picked up a truck load of pecan hulls for me so I think im going out to the flower beds and give them a nice layer of hulls... Sure wish I could talk them into going and getting a load of cow manure for me...I guess im going to have to bribe them for that...I told them thats all I wanted for christmas....They thought I was crazy??? lol

Hi Everyone

Glad to see everyone is doing well. Cool sunny day here. 33 last night. Warmer tonight. Closer and closer LOL

Xmas is always a great time. My DH and I we are off from our work and go into a nice quiet retreat until the new year. Sometimes away from home and sometimes not. This year not. :) Our families are not large and are spread out so except for Xmas day we can shut down and retreat inward. Meditation is always a good thing and has been part of our life for almost 40 years.

Before I shut this computer down for it's own much needed rest I just wanted to tell everyone here how much fun and joy you have brought to my life this year. It's been one of the liveliest years I've had in a long time trying to keep up with everyone. You have helped me grow and change. You furthered skills that were in infancy and built up confidence in my own abilities. I actually have flower gardens because of you and ideas that keep me up into the wee hours.

You've challenged and helped improve my interpersonal skills and allowed me to express who I really am without turning off your own computers when you see my post. I thank you for that. It's a rare thing outside the virtual world to have so many people who are tolerant and supportive of newbie's mistakes and missteps and just general wackiness.

I'm looking forward to next year because I have so many wonderful people to play with and cry with and just generally be there for. Which makes us all more human. Best wishes to all for a wonderful holiday may your soul be renewed and your heart be filled with joy!

See ya next year! Happy new year!!!

Hugs

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Enjoy your retreat to the fullest seray as you will have a very busy year next year LOL

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Have a great Christmas retreat Friend. I'm missing you already so get rest and relaxed and come back when you can. GREAT BIG HUGS little buddy. God bless you.

Have a great Retreat. We will be here when you get back. Like mekos, I'm missing you already.
Love from all my beautiful furbabys and Longears.

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Enjoy your time off, Seray - We'll see you again next year!

Al

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Everyone enjoy your holiday and may the new year start off wonderfully for you.
Santa is finished but looks like everyone's busy so I'll wait to show him off.

I want to see him Mindy.

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

OK RRM here you go
Santa is coming to town

Thumbnail by Mindy03

Mindy, it is beautiful. Is it a wall hanging? He is as cute as can be.
You did a wonderful job.

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Thank you no he's an afghan I just took the picture to show the face off rest is just dark green background

Well, he sure is cute and I know a lot of work. Mekos will love it.
What are you making next?? I made some snowman earrings, but too late to send out to anyone.
They are cute I have one pair already on the wires, the rest are just laying there waiting. I make them in different colors. I used to make them and take them to work. I'll have to get you a picture of some of my jewelry that I made.

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Currently I have a knitted cotton hand towel on the needles. Just started it so hoping to get it done and not rip it out. So far the pattern seems easy enough.
I love snowmen the owner of the beauty shop we go to gave me a little tiny glass one that matches a bigger one my sister gave me last year.

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

MINDY, that is beautiful!!! WOW you did a great job. I love it. You are just so talented! (my mouth open drooling)

Here is a pic of some of my jewelry. Snowmen are there too.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.