Sci-Fi fans, what are YOU reading or watching?

(Zone 7a)

I have now finished The Protector's War and enjoyed it as much as the first one. A Meeting At Corvallis appears by the first chapter to be up to the standard of the first two.

Sydney, Australia

I like divergent and Hunger games. These books are so lovely that you can read them over and over again. Plus you can also watch the movies if you are not fond of reading. Though most of the times books are better than movies. Just saying.

(Zone 7a)

I read those and very much enjoyed them. Any others you like?

Arroyo Grande, CA(Zone 9a)

Kwanjin - Have you seen "City of Ember"? The heroine is a young girl (Saoirse Ronan) but I really liked it, the premise is good, and I'm a "Postman" fan too.
TV shows are another thing. Everything is so soap opera-ish, I don't like the ongoing drama thing. I liked Grimm the first season but have dropped watching it entirely.
I don't read a lot except research stuff online, but I do have a pretty impressive collection of Star Trek Next Gen books, a guilty pleasure.

(Zone 7a)

I have not. I like Miss Ronan and will see if I can get it. Thanks!

Loudonville , OH(Zone 5b)

Believe & Resurrection

(Zone 7a)

I tried watching Resurrection but it didn't keep my interest. I haven't even heard of the other.

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Same here on watching Resurrection...Believe is on NBC directly opposite Resurrection.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2592094/

I gave Resurrection 3 episodes and sort of feel like it is "Pet Sematary" for people.IMHO.

I am sorry that Warehouse 13 is ending. I did enjoy the plot twists and premise.

(Zone 7a)

I'm really going to miss giant 12-year-old Pete. I think Haven got cancelled too.

Arroyo Grande, CA(Zone 9a)

I haven't seen Believe, I'll have to check it out. I have been watching Resurrection, but I have the "hopper" and it's a good default show when nothing else is worth watching. The "hopper'" tapes primetime shows and usually you'll two weeks shows before it tapes over them.
I watched the 1st "Salem" last night. I wasn't impressed, to much back story for a 1st show and not enough plot.

Loudonville , OH(Zone 5b)

Believe reminds me a lot of "Touch ". I liked that show so it probably is cancelled. Seems like if I like a show it always gets cancelled. :-(

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

I am reading a old Jennifer Ashley Series Shifters Unbound. I love series but hate having to wait a yr+- for the next book in a series.

Waiting for the next 2 books from Yasmine Galenorn out very soon. 2 series Indigo Court and Sister of the Moon/Other World series. One book will complete one of the series.

I have read 2 series by Illona Andrews, Kate Daniels(new book out in July) and The Edge which I really loved, 2 other series by Jennifer Ashley Storm Walker and Dragon series, have read 22 books to date over 12+ yrs of Anita Blake Vampire series by Laurell K Hamilton and her Merry Gentry series. 8 or 9 books and about 8 yrs later she is finally releasing a new one. how thoughtful of her!!

I have purchased complete to date sets of used books very cheap to be read
Kim Harrison- Hollows series
Maggie Shayne- Wings in the Night Vampire series
Keri Arthur- Riley Jenson and Dark Angels series
Patricia Briggs- Mercy Thompson series

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Yes, Touch has been cancelled. Sutherland is reprising his "24" role.

Wichita Falls, United States

I have just completed reading Memories of midnight by Sidney Sheldon

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.