It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

Ya pansy!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Ok the other pansy thread was pretty long so let me start another one.

Here's Gem Antique Shades already blooming on a tee ninny plant. It was open yesterday and looked alomost like the Velour Frosted Chocolate.Sorry 'bout the blurry pix

Thumbnail by bigred
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

viola Penny Primrose about to bloom

Thumbnail by bigred
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Nice, I seeded purple rain pansies, but they are not up yet

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I seeded these last fall and then some more in Dec. They're ready for spring just like me.*S*

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I just came acrossed on called Autumn Frills....Burpees exclusive..... very pretty! It has a nice picotee ruffle. Vary dainty edge compared to the doubles like Moulin Rouge.

The rim of the flower is a pretty lilac the face is brite yellow and the blotch is a really neat veiny near black purple.

Spring was yesterday, I hear you still got winter!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Don't start with me again! I ain't looking! Your a bad influnce!....LOL

Spring doesn't officially start until March 21st.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I caint hep maself!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Try harder...LOL

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I been telling 6"2' that fer years....

Whooooops thas 6'2"

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

ya gots gnome in the garden?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Haven had a g-nome in ye-ars!

And dag-gumit, I aint got a pix!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I only have some small ones the squirrels keep molesting

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

THER molesting the g-nomes???

W ooow!

Nuke 'em Dano!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Yup. I get my little gnome door yard all laid out under the oak tree,set the boys back up around the yard tending their chores,come out the next day...the lawn furniture has been tossed out into my lawn,fence knocked down,roof torn off the house and the boys are laying around bruised,bloody and dazed.

This message was edited Feb 23, 2010 2:03 PM

Thumbnail by bigred
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Purple rain pansies are up

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Yay!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Looks like them thar sqwarrels should have both thar Leggs amputated!

NUKE UM DANO!

WHRAAAAAASH!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Oo,nu-nu...don't whraaaaash the turkeytails. Them purdy lil fungi.

Front or back legs?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

They got back leggs?

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

the squirrels...the squirrels

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Looks like kids ransacked ya.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

not kids...Tree Rats

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Good Golly Miss Molly, them thar are big tree rats!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

regular size but fiesty...don't know what the gnomes or plants that USE to be there,did to them. On their turf,I guess. Use to have 4-get-me-nots,micro mini hostas and ferns planted there but gone...all gone now.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL! Man, what ever they did to them, sure did tick them off!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Soz anyways, hows the pansys going?

I lost about half of the ones in pots.. drat!

But theones in the garden might make it. They were under snow and rightnow the snow is gone and they are looking a tad yeller.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

They quit growing in those teens tempts back in Jan(or was it Dec?). I just finished potting up the last yesterday and hop they start growing again. They had good roots. The Velour Chocolate Frost I sowed back in Dec. look better than the ones I started late last year so maybe it wasn't such a good idea to sow them early winter.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, I found my seed.. best get on it.

I raked the dog park and got tons of leaves...OY! ANd found my garden strawberries. Gonna Yank a few of those out as soon as I clean up the mess.

Im running between the rain drops

Syracuse, NY

Last year the only way I kept pansies from the squirrels was to mulch them with broken clay pots - 2-3 inch pieces at the smallest - especially those in pots and planters. The squirrels really trashed the others.

Grayson

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I feel for ya. I'm rural and near a lake surrounded by woods so they are horrible out here

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

HA!!!!

I got bloomers! A yeller one and a purple. I got 50% survival on the subzeros I got ! Well maybe more, Im not giving up yet!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I'm finally getting some of mine in the ground(and pots). I put out Penny Peach jump-ups in one of the beds by the curb. Hobbit Pippin Took in the pot w/ Green Goddess calla and in a another bed under my scotch brair rose,Velour Frosted Chocolate in a mixed container w/ purple oxalis,var.lysimachia and dwarf var. Jap. sedge and yesterday planted out the Frizzle Sizzle Blue and Yellow. Still tons to go.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

We stopped at a nursery yesterday and OMG! The huge primulas, pansys and snaps they had out already.

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

For real Blossom or is this an April Fools Joke??? I'll bet its for real. Makes those days in January seem like a distant memory.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I have put pansies out in past years about now and will probably pick some up after this weekend. We have had great temperatures this year and the weather long term outlook looks like the above average temps will continue. Pansies can handle freezing temps down to -8C, which is 18F. I just put the pots inside some of the containers around the yard, front door entrance etc. In May, I transplant them into the ground in the cooler spots in the flowerbeds.

Pequannock, NJ(Zone 6b)

Some pansies have been for sale around here since mid March. I have to grab what I like early or they will be gone. Looks like they are getting chomped on...

Thumbnail by Loretta_NJ
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Yes for real Jon... I saw pansy flowers as big as the palm of my hand. Unfortuneately, my hub rushed me through the nursery and I only got a pic of some dianthus and snaps!

We did get some lettuce plants though

I believe ya Blossom. My parents live in Zone 5A and the pansies are already out for sale. My pansies are still looking great, but things will go downhill with them by late May. It always happens at that time of the year. You go from "Wow, everything looks great" to "Oh my god, what happened!!!" within a months time.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Its called the Reserection Jon, Thank GOD, it spring and things are bloomin'

I have dafs and pansys blooming.. had some crocus...

Potting some glads

I know. You couldn't wait for winter to be over. You were ready for it to be over in January. I have a few things blooming down here also.

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images