Have Heirloom Peony

Turner, OR

Hi, I have a double red fern leaf peony that I got from my 90 yr old neighbor! She said that she bought it when she was in her 30's and has adored it ever since! As you can imagine it is huge so I am going to split it up and would love to trade it for Flowers! I love tropical plants but am open to anything !
Thanks,
Marie!

Arnett, WV(Zone 5b)

You have d-mail

Newfield, NY

i would like some peony plant.i have a lillie or christmas cactus i can trade you.

Spooner, WI

I'd love a piece of the peony! Take a look at my list & let me know if we can work something out.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

I have regular peonies, but no fern leaf type. I would love a section too. I'll dmail you to see what kinds of flowers you would like.

Louisville, KY

I would love some. What kind of care does it require??? I have lots of tropicals. What are you looking for??? Julie

Madison, WI

I am interested. I have Japanese Anemone 'Honorine Jobert'
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/69323/

Manassas, VA(Zone 7b)

Hi Marie: It's Jake from Manassas Virginia. Would love to trade for your red fern peonies. What are you looking for ? Please check out my have list, if it is not on that list, please ask I just might have it & I have not posted it. I have over 40 gardens that I don't even know what sometimes pops up through the weeds. Please get back to me. Jake

Hamburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Has Anyone been in receipt of this Peony??? YET??

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

The fern peony requires excellent and I mean *excellent* drainage. Good luck to the recipient, they are beautiful, but I would say just about the fussiest peony that there is, beautiful, but fussy.

Spooner, WI

I got one late last fall from a friend, plopped it in the ground with no soil prep, in a half-shady area under mature oaks & its LOADED with buds this year. No fuss for me!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Wonder if there are fussy ones and non fussy ones? Hopefully the one that Marie is offering up for trade is a non fussy one since it has survived for almost 60 years.

Hamburg, PA(Zone 6b)

I mean from Marie

Louisville, KY

No not yet!!!!

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

The drainage in all cases above must be good. And knowing the area of Spooner WI as I do, your soil is very, very sandy, so you would have success easily.

Good luck all.

Turner, OR

Hi guys, I had yet another family emergency, but I didnt forget you all and I will make sure everyone get it!
Marie

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Sorry to hear about your family emergency. Hope everything works out Ok.

Turner, OR

thank you!

Madison, WI

Marie,
Thank you for the note and hope things are OK with your family.

magnolialover,
Thank you for posting info on drainage. With new plants it's important to know those little things that make a difference.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Marie, you have dmail, and sorry about the family emergency. Sure hope all is well.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

If anyone has a dark red peony I am interested in trading for it and others. I don't keep my trade list here but have lots of perennials to choose from.
Over 200 dls many hosta, iris ect.

Teresa in KY

Turner, OR

Thank you, my son broke his arm and had to have surgery and then a week and a half leter the bone graph rejected so he had to have it again! and now my grammma is in the hospitol too! so need less to say it has been a long month! thank you for under standing and I promise to get everything out soon!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Oh, so sorry to hear about your family hardships. Life can get rough sometimes. My son just had a horrible accident but walked away. Cat scan says ok. Prayers for your family.

Madison, WI

Hang on in there. Life does go in black and white stripes it seems. Sometimes black ones are wider than we hope. Best wishes to you and your family.

Turner, OR

Thank you all, I feel as though I am going to loss my mind, but I know it will be ok!!!

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Sending good wishes and prayers your way.I can truly relate to hardship.Have/had my share of it for several years.

If you have a section/piece of the fernleaf or other peony left I would like to trade.LMKP

Turner, OR

I do have some! It was a huge plant! Please dmail me your address and I will send it right off! thanks for your kind words
Marie

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Thank You so very much ! you're so generous.

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Yes, I am aware of all the previous drama.....

The peonies that I received (whatever they are) are 5 inches above ground and I'm excited that they have survived the entire process. Anxiously awaiting a bloom to see what they look like and curious if anyone else's are growing.....now to see what happens if they bloom this season.

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

mine sprouted, but looks like did some heaving this winter not to mention maybe some deer damage :( But they are coming up so I hope to get blooms. Peonys are picky about being moved though, so it may not bloom for another year.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

LMK if any is still available.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Well, mine is still under snow, so can't tell anything yet, but it will be interesting to see if anything comes up. Mine did not show any signs of life last year, so we will see. I do have doubts about mine even being alive, peony or not. It will be nice to see pictures when they do start blooming, as I am curious as to what peony it is, especially after all the controversy. I hope that no one is disappointed!

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

lljjz is no longer a member under that name. She's the one who traded a dead tree stump to me as a peony.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Yeah, I know. I understand that she trades on several sites tho. Can't help but wonder if she is back here with another name, but haven't seen anyone here doing 30-40 trades at a time either, lol! And I'm still wanting a red peony and a fern leaf, lol!

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Yeah Skell, me tooooooo - sure would have like that red fern leaf peony....any peony for that matter!

I feel sure she's here somewhere.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

oh, that is too bad. I did a trade with her and received my plant just fine. It was not a peony trade though.

This message was edited Mar 17, 2011 10:16 PM

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

That's my guess too, that she is here somewhere. I would love to know what kind of root it was that I got, but ......
And can't wait to see what everyone else got too, since some of us probably won't get to see ours, teeheehee. But, shihtzumom, we can enjoy everyone else's and keep looking! I'm sure that someone will be dividing theirs sooner or later, and maybe we can get some then, lol! For some reason, the deer here have never developed a taste for peonies. It seems to be the one thing that none of us have to fence them out of! Hopefully, they never will and we will be able to have something not fenced. It so ruins the looks of everyone's landscaping when you have to put some kind of fencing on everything.

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

I'm new to peonies...it's the first season I've had one emerge with this one for postage being the first. I have purchased 2 others since then and they haven't broken through the ground yet. I am pretty certain the one I posted about is not any type of fern leaf....but it does look to me to be a peony.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

WooHoo!! Good for you! I hope it's a pretty red one! You can post a picture and show us, and we should be able to tell you for certain if it's a peony, if you want. I'm anxious to see it when it blooms!

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

I also did a trade but mine are still covered by snow,but my snowdrops are blooming :-)
PS: I am very upset.I had a man build me a fence last year and I knew that he broke my tallest white tree peony but JUST yesterday when I went out to see the snowdrops I saw THREE branches broken off,all laying in the snow with big buds on it.I brought them in and put them into water.I wonder if they will root for me ?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.