Asarina Victoria Falls

small town, MN(Zone 4b)

Has anyone here ever tried Asarina Victoria Falls? Last year I purchased two plants and put them in large pots with oblelisks supports. They were fabulous covering the 3 ft. tall obleisk and blooming until frost. I already talked to the garden center where I got them as I want more. I didn't get photo's but they had lots of beautiful pink trumpet shaped flowers.

Ffld County, CT(Zone 6b)

I've never grown Victoria Falls, but did grow the Jewel Mix several times. Then I noticed that they self sowed at the bottom of my trellis, so I stopped sowing them. They self sowed for two years.

I just noticed last week that I don't see any coming up! And I didn't sow any! I may have to buy a pack quick and direct sow some. They really are a beautiful, delicate bloom!

(Daniel) Mount Orab, OH(Zone 6b)

I got some seeds just labeled 'Asrina Blue'. I suppose they are Asarina Blue. I wonder how tall they'll be...

small town, MN(Zone 4b)

I have grown some of the other ones before I grew Victoria Falls they had thin delicate stems. The stems on Victoria Falls is thicker and sturdier easier to handle if you want to train them to crawl up a support, to me they are a superior plant by comparision.

Ffld County, CT(Zone 6b)

Thanks for that info, daylilydreams. I'll look for Victoria Falls instead of the Jewel Mix. I'm always open to trying new things!

small town, MN(Zone 4b)

DiggerDee that is just my opinion about Victoria Falls after growing one of the more delicate types. I am going to try and get some more plants this year if my garden center carries them again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images