New bees chit chat - come on in!! 05/17/2010

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Could be Spider bite. Poor baby. Know you are worried. Will add her to my donkey prayers.
Hugs to you both.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks RRM! ;o)

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi everyone! Glad you all made it through the storms alright. This has been such a bad weather season in AR. We have relatives there and they have had some pretty darn close calls. It's supposed to be clear here for the next few days so hopefully I can get out there and get a few things done. Kelly, hope your fur baby gets better soon. I hate it when animals don't feel well. Mekos, your baby girl is so adorable. Almost makes me want one. No, wait, I'll stick to flowers! LOL ..RRM, your garden looks nice and I like the bog picture! My cp plant didn't make it :-( It kept trying to come back but it finally just quit. I will try again another time. Nice pictures Al! Keep the blooms and pics coming. I got another daylily bloom today. It's a NOID. Does anyone recognize it? Sure is a pretty one!

Thumbnail by MechelleT

Hi Mechlle. thank you I try to have a beautiful yard and flowers. Mostly flowes. The yard is just another spot to plant things when I'm ready. ☺

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi everyone. Mechelle I got one just like yours but no id on it. Sorry.
Loca, I sure hope the baby heals fast. keep your chin up they are pretty good healers that young. She will be good as new very soon. She could have got a nip from one of her siblings and it just got infected as she grew. But it'll be better now.
Al, love your fur baby, mine likes the cat nip too. Gotta watch them till yours spreads a bit.
Off for tonight, I got the baby and a head ache. Good night and hugs!
I got hosta seeds if anyone wants to try them.

Booneville, AR

hi had eye dr, app today forgot tro tell you all about that sorry. ill try and remember and mot do that again. some one gave milissa a bunch of iris got to help her plant them in yhe morning so they will be good to go until spring and she gets all her brds ready for planting. she so wants her yard to be pretty xnd im going to do my best to hrlp her just has to wait umtil spring ixe got to get well or alot better love and hugs to everyone nettie.

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi everyone ;-) Just wanted to drop a quick line and wish everyone a happy gardening day! Mechelle

Booneville, AR

this has been a real barn burner of a day helped daughter get all those iris put back in yhe ground i cut the fans shr did the diging and planting. gpt me one more dr. ruple clemitas hope i spelled that wright. don.t have it in the gtound yet but already know wnere im going to put it.

Booneville, AR

al love your onion i dont haxe any luck with those just stoped planting them. im going to bed hope you all have a good day tomorrow. love nettie

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

New DL bloom today : Westfield Cream ;-) Have a good day all

Thumbnail by MechelleT
Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

My Lilacs are in bloom! I can smell them from here! Big lilac festival going on in Rochester just north of us. Beautiful 80 degree day - Summer's arrived!

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad
Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Very Pretty Al!

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Hi Michelle - Your Lilies look nice, too!

Just taking life easy today, nice church picnic at a local park. ASPCA had a cool exhibit with kids, kites, and kittens (lots of them!). No, I didn't bring one home!

Al

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Thank you! Sounds like fun times there ;-) No more kitties for me either..hehe

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

I got a furball shedding all over my porch that would love to come visit you Al, and Mechelle. Can I send him on a one way bus to you guys? His name is Smurf because he has baby blue eyes.(like blue smurfs.)

Thumbnail by mekos

My dogs wouldn't let me have a kitty. but I got chickens and they are fun to have around.
I love your kitty Mekos. Very Beautiful and soft looking.

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

I love the furball too. But he is sometimes a royal pain somewhere. He is half persian and half siamese. So much fur!

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

GoodMorning everyone.. Hope all is well... Things are busy here, trying to get all Calebs school work finished up..Some things the principle said we werent going to have to do, now all of a sudden needs done so were cramming before end of year..Hoping Thursday is our last Day..I'm not fit to be a teacher lol..Gives me total appreciation for those who do!!!! My flowers are doing ok.. They need a lil weeding out, but after next week im looking forward to some me time..(yeah right?)

Also brought home a 4 week old pup the momma dog stopped feeding the babies so we fostered a pup as a learning experience..Ha thats been 2 weeks of baby sitting a sweet lil demon..The mom is a boxer the dad is a bull mastif... His name is Roscoe maybe later today I can post some pics of his lil bad self.. he has really grown in 2 weeks... I cant tell you (shhhh) how DH felt about bringing home a dog so small he had to stay in house... He thinks animals should be outside no matter what, but haha we got him on Mothers Day and Caleb told him that was my MD present from him so he really didnt say much.. Now he sorta grown attached to him also..Talk soon Trish

Daylily "wild horses"

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000
Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi huny, Can't wait to see the puppy, I LOVE mastiffs. I raised 2 english Mastiffs and wouldn't have taken ANYTHING for either of them. They will surely steal your heart and no better animal in the world after you get past the terrible twos.( before then, they will eat your house down, they love to chew give plenty of chew toys to occupy them.)You may think youre going broke on chew toys, but better toys than your furniture. AND be prepared for slobber. OH MY GOSH! They slobber and drool all the time. I made bibs and put on mine like a bandana around the neck, only it was to wipe their mouths. We put potty pads under the water bucket and even it fills with slobber, have to do fresh water at least twice daily. But with all it takes to raise them, it is ALL well worth it. They are the most loyal animals you can find. They bond with you and will never be far away at any time. They just love to touch you or sit at your feet. They are called the gentle giants.
OK enough of that. Brought back lots of memories.
Lots of storms passing through today so everyone watch out. Tornados went through the central plain states last night. Hope everyone is ok.
Have a great day everyone!

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi huney! You know I like the DL's ! Have fun with your new baby! Animals have a good way of just stealing your heart right out from underneath you! Last October, agaist my better judgement,my DH bought 3 more horses (ugh) A stallion, his pregnant mare and their colt from the year before. No big deal really, but the little mare had her baby a couple days ago. She had a little black stud colt and he is cute as can be! He is all black except for a little white spot on his chin. We don't know where his color came from because the mare is a bay color (brown) and the stud is a gray (white hair). Mystery color! Love it. Anyway, I will try to get pictures of the little guy today and share with you guys.

Gonna go play out in the garden for a while before it gets too hot or it rains. I was out there yesterday weeding and all of a sudden, the clouds formed, thunder cracked and it started to pour! The forecast said it was gonna be sunny in the 90's all week, so it was a big surprise. I had been out there a while and I was hot so I just stayed out there in the rain! It only lasted about a minute or two and then the sun came back out. Just enough to water the garden and cool me off! Have a good day everyone! Be back later... M

Sounds like your baby is a handful but sweet Mechelle
Loca, how is your little Darling"" Better?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hi RRM - little Stormy went to her regular vet on Saturday. They checked her face and abraded and cleaned the area. It's looking much better. Hasn't slowed her down a bit. You wouldn't know she's got an owie except for the big cone on her little head - lol. She hates that e-collar, but will have to wear it for up to 10 days. Depends on how long it takes to heal...

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Glad Stormy is doing well Loca.
Lovely pictures Al we are still waitiing on you to post the trip pictures.
Hot but breezy here today so been outside for a bit.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

It's been cool here - 79 yesterday and 80s most of the week... Is it really May? LOL

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Got all of my peppers planted in the garden.. All 35 or so of them! Had to tear out my little bolted Bok Choy and replace the baren rows with peppers! lol
Glad Stormy is doing alright Kelly. Last year or so, I put one of my horses in the backyard to munch on grass and my daughter didn't know it and let Missy (our Shar-Pei) out there. Well she's dumb as a box of rocks (Missy, God love her) and got herself kicked. She was stitched across her back and she had to wear one of those cones too. I think I hated seeing her with it more than she hated it herself!

Gotta go run some errands.. bbl ;-) M

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh, new DL bloom today.. Frankly Scarlet..

Thumbnail by MechelleT
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Glad your poor little Missy recovered Mechelle... Horses can do a number on you with them there hooves...

I had one of my donkey girls get out this weekend when DH went to get bucket of poo for Veggies. He said she was out that gate fast. Thank god, it was about feeding time , I went ahead and feed Charley, he came up but other two were watching Annabelle. I Got her but she sure was kicking those heels up when she went by. I grabbed andwe got her in. Those hooves have done some damage to a coupleof more chickens I've rescued and they are o.k. The little hean has a terrible scar on her back the poor Rooster neaarly got his neck broke but he is much better. Dog stays out now too. He got chased under building so he knows what it's like to have hooves flying. Equine can be deadly with those feet.
Glad Stormy is better Loca, and Missy too.

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

I tell people that all the time.. A horse (or mule, lol) will run out the gate at the very first chance they get! Just when you think they're not looking, off they'll go. Our neighbor around the corner had all 8 of his get out at about 4am. I got a call cause someone thought they were mine.. He left one gate open. They ran up the road and through the cemetary, it was awful. But we got 'em and no one got hurt, equine or otherwise.. Sneaky little boogers, lol

I have some neighbors horses get out andthey came up to see Charley. I would rather see theirs out than mine. ☺☺☺ That's sort of bad but I'm getting too old for real life Roadeos.

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

I hear ya, lol

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Here's the new arrival!

Thumbnail by MechelleT
Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

WOW Mechelle, he is adorable!
Night everyone. Turning in.

Beautiful, have you got it named yet???

Pearland, TX

Hey there everyone! Been majorly busy between work, kiddo, and garden so haven't been posting much. I have an interview tomorrow for a dream job. Can use all thoughts and prayers for it. It would be amazing to get.

Garden is going well. Got lots of veggies growing. Just harvested my garlic and can't wait for them to cure so that we can cook 'em up. Our squash plants are HUGE and I saw some females on them yesterday, so I am hoping that they got pollinated. Also have cukes, carrots, and tomatoes all going strong. I am currently trying to root a gardenia cutting that I got for flowerbeds when we buy a new house this fall.

Missed you guys. Flowers, kitties, puppies, and horses all are adorable.

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

RRM.. the funniest thing happened yesterday.. you know how we were talking about horses getting out?? Yeah well I jinxed myself I think!
I pulled up the driveway to go feed Hollywood, my stallion, and I saw this horse in the neighbors pasture.. about an acre or two away from a herd of 8 mares.. and he looked so familiar.. just munching on grass. Yup, it was Hollywood! As soon as he saw my car, he knew he was in trouble! He looked like a toddler who just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar! He came running down the fenceline and stopped at the gate and just waited for me to get him out. He must have just gotten in there because the mares hadn't even noticed him yet. What a close call! There was a fence down in his paddock so I had to put him in the barn til DH can go fix it for me. Little bugger. Gotta love him though cause he was such a good boy for coming up to me and waiting at the gate. It could've been sooo much worse! But he is a Hollywood horse, and he's amazing. He is so docile you'd think he were a mare or gelding.

Haven't named the little guy yet.. Maybe you guys can help me think of a good name? That'll be fun.. Maybe we should do a contest or something.. Everyone suggest a good name and the one whose name I pick gets a plant and grab bag of seeds? Yes.. we'll do that! Stay tuned and I will post the details...

WB Sapphire! Tell me, how and when do you harvest your garlic? I have 3 that have been in the ground since last fall and I'm not sure how to tell if they're ready yet.

Happy Gardening today everyone! It's gorgeous here today so I can be found OUTSIDE! ;-)

Thumbnail by MechelleT
Pearland, TX

He is beautiful!

I pulled it up when it was kinda leaning and looked sort of dried out. The pic shows them just out of the ground on my potting bench if that helps. I had one that I was pulling and replanting to check progress. I put them in the ground in mid-November. Just pulled them the other day.

Thumbnail by sapphirestar19
Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Hmm.. what kind of garlic is that? They don't look like the garlic you buy in the store. Mine are like 3 times that size.. I will go get a pic and show you what mine look like... brb

Mechelle, Hollywood is beautiful. Maybe one of the mares was in heat. Lord, that could be bad if owner didn't want colts. They know when they get out they are not supposed to. but we love them, that's for sure. What is colts Mom's name and the Daddy, is it Hollywood????

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Your horsies are beautiful Mechelle! Love 'em!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images