Blooms 2010!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

For me: shorts and flipflops while the FLidians are wearing coats and mitts ^_^ We are also known to drink copious amounts of iced tea cuz of the awful stuff they call iced tea up here oops said that with my outside voice

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Mainland FL I've only been to Miami and Orlando. Yes shorts and sandals for me weather permitting and regardless where I go at night it's always a dressy jacket and boots and a good pair of jeans.
Key West on the other hand, been there numerous times and all I could say is ... well, I rather not. LOL! We'll keep this conversation G-rated.

D-nut so true about FLidians wearing coats. My friend that lives in Key West brings out the comforter when temp goes down to the 60's.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

It's true and very amusing to those of us in cooler climates.

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 10a)

Haaayyy! 72 is freezing! LOL I get cold easily but I looove the "cooler" weather and "winter".
Yes, picking out tourists vastly varies on time of year. Our winter, as previosuly stated, they are the only ones wearing shorts while we wear coats. Summer is harder...sometimes you can tell by the flaming pink/red sunburn.

72 is heavenly!

When the steering wheel on a car becomes an instrument of tortue it's way too hot for me and those supermarkets are more like walk-in freezers!

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

It was raining but I saw something red so I just grab my camera phone and took a pic of a partially opened Rock Run James. I must be crazy.

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Here's Jazz again, with a peach gladiola in the background.

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Same Jazz, with Show Winner lilies.

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

A red Figaro with Love Story lily.

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

You can see Tahiti Sunrise in the background.

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Another Figaro with Apple Blossom verbena.

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

No dahlias in this photo but worth posting. After the rain the gladiolas went flip-flop. So in the vase they go.
They sure look purdy. or smukke, or magnifique, or bello, or mooi (Dutch), or in plain English - beautiful!

Thumbnail by Tex68
Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Nice photos as always Al. Yes, it's the tourists wearing shorts down here in the winter, the sunburns and the sandals, sometimes even worn with socks. It's laying out on the beach when its under 70 degrees and actually going IN the ocean during the winter. It's the t-shirts/sweatshirts that have the name of a Florida city on them. It's the wild crazy driving you encounter on the streets. It's the picture taking in front of palm trees, hibiscus or other tropical plants. It's the people in the line at ice cream shops during the winter. It's all good though and we love having you down here in the winter. Tourism is what our state relies on and the number one source of revenue.

Don't tell me my Daytona shorts that are 20 years old are out of style!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

YOU GO GIRL PIRL! My Alaska fav shorts are bright tourquoise with 'Kiss My Halibut' printed across the back.

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Oooh MG! Where are the fashion police when you need them??!!

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Those shorts would be ok in South Florida dahlianut. LOL I wouldn't recommend wearing those anywhere North of Lake Okeechobee (that big lake in the middle of South Florida). They'd probably make ya put some pants on.

Thanks, D'nut. Love that logo for your shorts! Do you wear them as you lead the dahlia parade?

Tex - I just can't bring myself to wear those lovely straw hats, pearls, high heels and flowery wispy dresses as I slave away in the garden tending 2,000 daylilies, about as many lilies, and lots of dahlias, hydrangeas, Japanese irises and astilbes. The neighbors call the gardens "A & E", an abbreviated form for portions of the body they see as they pass and see us hard at work.

Thumbnail by pirl
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Luvly spotty lily pirl! Red satin pjs for the Wakening of the Dahlias Festival parade ^_^

Thanks.

How could I have forgotten the red satin pj's? I must be getting old.

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

So Pirl, no hunky gardener named Dimitry? D-nut got Sven helping her in her garden. LOL!

Is that a Salmon Star lily?

Thumbnail by Tex68

Beautiful, Tex. Love the color coordination.

We have Neve almost every Saturday but he works mainly with Jack on big garden projects. He has done weeding for us and I am so grateful. Neve is a hunk but a young (24 years old) and shy guy.

Yes, it's Salmon Star. The lilies have been gorgeous this year, which reminds me that I came in to get my camera and then continue working, not sit here enjoying myself!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I sang to my lilys earlier this morning trying to get them to open.

Did it help? Show us the photo.

Okay, I have racked my brain most of the day...what is the E part of A&E?

I'll Dmail you or else I'll be deleted from DG!

Boise, ID

"High Plains Majesty"

Thumbnail by edewitt
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Opened this morning. Tee hee

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Luv this bloom

Thumbnail by dahlianut

Beautiful! Your singing worked the magic!

Great dahlia as well. They would look so nice together.

Rushville, IN(Zone 5b)

here is my dahlia dont know name

Thumbnail by sissy70
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Prettiful pink sissy70

Wow-that IS pretty! The form and color are perfect! Very cheerful!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

They're baaaaaaaack ^_^ Ellen Huston. She is quite red this year.

Thumbnail by dahlianut

Hurray for Ellen and for D'nut!

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Uumn, that looks like Mystic Beauty. Maybe? Maybe a little bit?

Anyway found this flat faced against the fence and covered by foliage. It's Picolo.

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Ok, I was referring to the pink dahlia. But a big HURRAY for D-nut too!

Here's Rock Run James today.

Thumbnail by Tex68

This is grand! I'm loving them all.

Rushville, IN(Zone 5b)

glad you like her I love her she is a queen in my yard along with my hollyhocks and all my other flowers sissy70

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

MY 1ST BLOOM TODAY OF
BILL MCKNIGHT

Thumbnail by deejay9

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.