Wanted: Clematis montana rubens

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I have to have this clematis, it is food for my soul....lol. If you have this plant I would appreciate a cutting, rooted would be a bonus. They self-seed and there may be babies lurking around somewhere. I have a new, empty garden so can't offer an exchange but will gladly pay postage. Later on I will have lots of 'stuff'. Thanks

I have one that has taken over the side yard. If you can wait 'till it warms up a bit more I can get you some cuttings. Just let me know.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Indigo you have made my day and my heart has just flipped over to the other side of the room. You bet I can wait - and if you do happen to forget - I'll remind you ..LOL

Sidney, MT

Indigo, would you be willing to send one my way for postage? With a name "Montana" I would like to try one here by my deck that is really located in Montana! Lyndee

Indigo
Is this Clemitas suitable for zone 7? If it is would you be willing to share some with me for SASE? Please respond on the forum as my computer is in between two servers and I dont know how to retreive my mail.
If your willing to send for sase you can email my sister PEARLIE here at Daves, with your addy and I will get the postage right out to you.
Thanks
Janice

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Indigo, If they have taken over your side yard, could you spare one for me too????? PLEEEEEEEASEEE

E-mail me with what you would be interested in trading for.

thanks very much

cheers
pebble

Hello all,

I have not forgotten y'all and I will be happy to send some as soon as winter ends (if it ever does...)One of my daughters has strep throat and the other has pneumonia so things are hectic here and I promise to email everyone as soon as things are back to normal here. Take care!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Indigo:- I am so sorry about the illness in your family and I hope we haven't overwhelmed you with our requests. Please don't even think about us. Get your girls well! God bless.

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Any possibility I might have one for postage also. The dream of my life is to retire to Montana Mabe this is as close as I will get Shirley

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Indigo, I don't want to tread on your toes here with all these trades, but if theres too many for you to satisfy, I have Rubens and would be happy to help pacify these desperate people. Have to wait a few weeks till weather warms up.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Daisy Chain:- Norwich, Norfolk? I can't believe it! I used to work in Norwich, was married in Dereham and even lived in North Walsham! BTW how are you going to send plants of this clematis from England or are you talking about seeds? :-)

Forest City, NC(Zone 7a)

Oh Please Oh please Oh please, Me too!! All I have to trade right now is iris. And I don't know what color they are. It will be awhile before they bloom. Thanxs

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Clematis Montana Reubens!!! I've been searching everywhere for one. They do exceptionally well in Zone 7 (or at least in Memphis, TN). I had one at a previous house and was not able to move it and did not think to make cuttings. So, if any of the current owners could spare another cutting I'd love to have one. I do not have a trade list set up yet but please check with me to see what I do have. Thanks in advance.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Verdesign. I bought one at Super K from the martha Stewart range. I don't know if they have any left!!

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Louisa. I'll check. None of our nurseries carry Montana reubens. The Group I small bloomers are not very popular here. People seem to love the large splashy blooms of other varieties. However, I don't think there is anything more stunning than Montana reubens in full bloom - just exquisite!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

There are two more montanas called Elizabeth and Alba - both gorgeous.

Bloomfield, IA(Zone 5a)

I am just learning about clematis.. do any of you have a site that a person could visit to see what these look like?? Also my mother has what we think is Sweet Autumn it did fantastic last summer... but we are wondering if we are suppose to cut it back or leave the vines as they are?? any help would be greatly appreciated...
lionlady

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Lionlady - go to www.etera.com and click on to tutorials. You will find loads of info at this site. Good luck!

Bloomfield, IA(Zone 5a)

thanks so much I'm on my way there now.... :^)
lionlady

Williamsburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Funny Louisa that you are thinking about Clematis! I just purchased 'Multi Blue' and 'Nelly Moser'. If 'Nelly Moser' is anything like the Rosea 'Nelly Moser' that you have, I will be delighted. A piece of my 'Helene' broke of when I was doing some clean-up just before the cold weather set in last year, I placed it in a pot and lo and behold it rooted! The 'Helene' and 'Jacmanii' that were planted last year have already set bloom. Thanks again for all of your expertise.
Sayre

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

:-)

Hi all,

just wanted to let y'all known that things are starting to green up now and hopefully it will not be much longer for m. rubens to start showing signs of life and then I will root cuttings for any that want some. Take care!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

OK Indigo you can count me in then. The silly plant I bought has just withered away to nothing. Thanks for the offer and I hope all is well with you now :-)

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Indigo, would love for you to root some for me too.
thanks for your generocity...keep me posted.
How is your daughter? over the strep?

cheers
pebble

Lebanon, TN(Zone 7a)

Just in case anyone is still looking for C. montana --

Our Wal-Marts, believe it or not, are currently selling healthy babies of both montana rubens and montana grandiflora -- $4.95 per. Check your local stores!

If anyone is really desperate, I could probably be talked into shipping some out. Let me know through private email, as I may not check here often.

[email protected]

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks amazon - I have mailed you. By the way, my local WalMart had loads of different clematis and they were also between $4 and $5, but not Montana.s Great bargains and healthy plants!

Powhatan, VA(Zone 6b)

Hi Louisa,
Last summer I got a couple great Clematis potted from Lowes for $1.95. They were clering them out. Good ones too. Always check there end of season items. You never know what you might get. Of course free marked out plants from where I work are better. I just brought home an evergreen clematis yesterday (free).

puttyrat

Grass Valley, CA(Zone 7a)

Check at K-mart. Martha Stuart plants in 4" pots were $1.99 last week-end! I bought two!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.