It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

10' Cosmos

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

well JoAnn (Ge) and I are growing seeds from my 10' cosmos... and we are going to keep track of how big they grow

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

10-15-09... when we had a freak snow shower

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

this was from 8-31-09

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

the original plant came from a swap last year so I do not know which one it is... but here are my WS'ed seedlings on 5-16-10

Thumbnail by onewish1
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

This is my startMay 16

Thumbnail by ge1836
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

after transferring them from the cup to the cow pots... I lost 2... but 5 live on... and one over achiever for sure!!!

Thumbnail by onewish1
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

May 21

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

And today May 30.Its tall enough for a side view and besides I would have to step into DD's vedg garden to get a different shot

Thumbnail by ge1836
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

looking good JoAnn!!!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Yours are so professional looking.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

why thank you!!... I love those trays I found at novosel.... even though I wish there was a tad bit more room at the tops.. plastic pots would be fine.. but sometimes the cow pots can mold up being so close.. they like air for sure.. of course I found out the hard way.. but once I separate them and give them a few days to breathe it usually goes away.. will have to try and remember that for next year.. trying to fit those pots in standard flats is impossible... they just flop around if you try and move them... these carry trays are great

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Its scarry Allison. The plant is 11 inches tall in 3 weeks.I will have to tie up the Baptisias.

Thumbnail by ge1836
(Daniel) Mount Orab, OH(Zone 6b)

Who will belive that one of my cosmos is BLOOMING? I took a pic for sure!

I remembered seeing this pic somewhere Post #7841727
Tallness is a dominant trait is Cosmos, so you will most likely find that they will be huge, maybe more than 10'; especially since you are focusing on that feature, lol.
Good luck!

~Daniel

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Allisonand I are just keeping track for the fun of it. Its not a competition or anything.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

incredible JoAnn!!!!... I have to pray mine make it though all the wind going on out there.. crazy night

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Wind has almost elimenated my JI' and poppies.Dont know what's wrong with the weather.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

dropped down to the lower 50's .... and crazy wind.. wacky for sure

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Going below 50 tonight. Poor struggling coleus.

Hot...Wet... Dry... VERY windy. I think I saw buds on the Antiquities...

Who is growing Double Click?

~Daniel

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I lost one or two with the crazy winds last night... but still have plenty more.. I am growing double clicks as well

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I have DC seeds and didnt plant them.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I will use the "sparkly spike" as a measure of progress from now on.
Its getting taller and I dont have to bend so far over.

Thumbnail by ge1836

My DC's seem to be frozen in time...
4 inches of rain this morning. I was in Hillsboro at the time it arrived. Still drying out, lol.

Ge, I can just feel future tallness from your picture. Unique measuring device!

~Daniel

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Hey the device is my winter artsyfartsy project. Glass tiles glued to painted PVC.I call it the Sparklie Spike.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Darn thumnails I cant see anything Here is another pic.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

it looks great JoAnn... I haven't measured mine lately... but will soon

That is really interesting Ge, much better than my clay cat family that lives under the Daylillies. Your's is sow creative. Is it copyrighted?

~Daniel

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Of course not registered.I tried to copyright a pottery item I designed and was told "Intelectual properties 'couldnt be copyrighted.
I used to tell people they were but I got ripped off anyway. The orientals are the worst.Cameras at Art Fairs used to give me hives.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Cosmose reaching unheard of heights
Going for 10 feet.Growing about 1 inch per day.Todays measure 22 inches.Up from 15 last week,The pole is 78 inches but Allison and I are going for 10 feet.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

think you passed me up JoAnn... I will have to measure it later

Both of you pass me! ALL my cosmos are shorties! 2ft or less! Now I can't compete.
Had a Psyche White bloom yesterday. And a pink/red Sensation the day before. Both are 2ft tall. I had better find a 7 foot one by August.

Lol ge. Can't be funnier. I see you're using a cage too, much better than the care I gave to my 10 footers. With the quality of care you two are giving them, they are definately growing to 10ft, or I'll send you something rare for your trouble, lol.

Tggfisk has her Sulphers blooming. Mine are budding. Anybody else?

~Daniel

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

18 inches... thought you had me beat JoAnn

Thumbnail by onewish1
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

The cage is so the plant wont crash on DD's vedg garden.I plan on hireing a lumber-jack in September when its time to clean up the garden

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I cant believe how fast this plant is growing.Lots of rain lately must be.
22 inches on the 20th
Today. 27 inches

Thumbnail by ge1836
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

woo hoo.. leaps & bounds!!!!

szarvas, Hungary

Hello,
What software you use to put 2 images in 1? is it free ?

http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/2010/06/25/ge1836/6014a3.jpg
Dany

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi dany12.I use Photoshop for some things wher I want to controle the size of the cropping.
I mostly use free software from Google.Picasa.its a photo editing program from Google.easy to download and most of all "free" When I have my photos edited I look at the bottom toolbar and find collage ,Choose the pix I want to collage stick with the little green pin icon and click collage thats where its done.
Lots of guides and helps.

Picasa is free and it is only 8 MB. Photoshop is free, but so big! The 9.0 version is now on sale at Micromall for "the low, low price of $99". Picasa is more than suffecient, Dany. How are your MGs? Mine are kinda big. I found that misty Carnivale again.

Cosmics are blooming and some Psyches are blooming, all very short though.

~Daniel

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

My Sulphers are not only blooming but setting tons of seed...y'all need to catch up, lol! I'll have to get pics in the morning. All of them were reseeds from last year. You'd never know that I pulled a ton of them early in the spring...Anyone need yellow and orange? I've got seeds drying.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

DGardner.I use Picasa for nearly everything except stitching together long Panoramas.
Picasa crops too much,even Nikon Panorama Maker is uneven as to how it performes.
Picasas photoediting is so easy compared to Photoshop.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images