Only 5 more to go!!

Plant #31

Thumbnail by Kiyzersoze
Coral Springs, FL(Zone 10b)

Plant #32

Thumbnail by Kiyzersoze

Plant #33

Passiflora 'Clear Sky'? Can not believe that this is living in Ireland. No wonder I have such a hard time with it in South Florida.

Thumbnail by Kiyzersoze

Plant #34

Hmmm.... Ya would be another bad guess.

Thumbnail by Kiyzersoze
Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

32 is solanum
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/55479/

Plant #35

And last but not least Bear's Breeches Acanthus mollis.

Thumbnail by Kiyzersoze
Billingshurst, United Kingdom

Ok Echium pininana, Rodgesia aesulifolius (31), Hebe ( 28)something and Philadelphus something ( 29) and Solanum crispum?(32).
Enough. Feel like I've just eaten a whole packet of chocolate biscuits. Regret and emptiness. Go see the therapist tomorrow. Everything in moderation

Thanks to all who replied, especially Mr_Canthus and lovetropics. I will not post my second post of the rest of my trip unless there is some interest. I can't wait to go back and see all the posts now that I am done with picts. Thanks again and happy gardening to all!!

Thumbnail by Kiyzersoze
Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

if you don't show pictures of 4 leaf clover, then I won't be able to believe that these are from ireland :)

OH yes there were animals, mostly monkeys and apes. LOL! Wrong forum for those though.

Thumbnail by Kiyzersoze
Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

I don't remember having any cousins there :) thanks for the picture though.

1st one. I meant C trachelium. But don't think it is that now. Some other Campanula I guess.
Splashed some cold water. I'm alright now. Thanks for the trip around Dublin zoo. I've not been to Dublin before but my son's living there now so will go sometime soon

Mossley, United Kingdom

No. 14 - Epilobium Angustifolium - We know it as Willow Herb, (sometimes called Rosebay Willow Herb) in these parts but I think you call it Fireweed.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Here are a couple I don't think anyone commented on yet:
#8 looks like Chamaelaucium or Leptospermum
#23 Bergenia
#34 Aquilegia

Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

It looked much too exhausting to jump into the fray, but now that it's over...
22. Another Ligularia - would need to see the leaves to ID the species... possibly L. stenocephala from what is visible.
16. Ligularia dentata

This message was edited Jun 3, 2010 11:54 AM

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Please post different plants in new threads! It's very difficult to follow through here . . .

Resin

Quite right Altagardener. Far too exhausting.
Rather than this binge mentality, it would be far better to do as Resin suggested and post each one separately. Giving each plant the respect it deserves.
I think 7,9 and 17 might have been the ones that got missed.
17 may be Lobelia; possibly Lobelia tupa in the very early stages of flowering. But this and 7 and 9.... why don't you post them separately Kiyzersoze so they can be fully considered.
I was just about to go to bed when you started posting those pictures and it didn't half disturb my fragile equiibrium.
Thats my problem of course but you have some lovely pics of some lovely plants so it would be much nicer to look at them properly

Navan, Ireland

I really enjoyed this thread (but then I am skiving off at work, not going to bed)
I think Mr Canthus and co. have got most of them that I contribute to.
I think the Campanula at #1 is campanula poscharskyana and the Phlomis is probably P. russellianus but just got confused on others.
Still, I hope you enjoyed the country. If you took this many photos in the zoo, where are the thousands you took in the Botanic Gardens??

Hi everyone! I hope that everyone has recovered. Thanks to all of you that helped me solve all of these plants. I wanted to post pictures of my trip because I thought other people would enjoy but I wasn't sure how to do it. I contacted Dave's Admin. and they suggested that I post it like this so that is why I did it this way. It was a different way to do it and I am sure that alot of people may have missed it because if they didn't know the first plant then they probably didn't open the thread. I think it worked out pretty cool. I don't know that I would do it this way again but it was interesting! I enjoyed eveyone's comments! I really enjoyed having people from a the UK and Ireland chime in. We really loved Ireland. I did not get to go to the Botanical Gardens. I went with my husband, daughter, and mother-in-law and all of them hate plants so I was lucky to make it to the zoo. No pictures of four leaf clovers. That would have meant stopping for a second and looking at a plant. We did hear a rumor that there is no such thing as a Shamrock? So for the rest of the plants from Ireland, I guess the general consciences is that I should post them seperately? No more "Thread Parties"? Well thanks again!! Happy gardening and I will see you soon.

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

LOL on shamrock. I really enjoyed this thread and thanks for taking time to post the pictures.

Thank you lovetropics. It is always great to see you in my posts.

Yeah! it was fun. But please give plenty of warning if you ever do the botanic garden. I'll take a couple of days off work and get a nice comfy chair in front of the computer.

LOL!! Will do Mr_Canthus!! Thanks again for all of your help! Ireland was awesome. You should definately make the trip! Our goal was to go to the oldest pub everywhere we stopped. The oldest one that we went to was established in 1324. We met lots of great people, saw lots of pubs, lots of churches, lots of castles, and oh did I mention lots of flowers. One thing to keep in mind though when visiting is, do not ask an Irishman anything, not for directions or even what time it is unless you have at least 20 minutes to spare. It was awesome! We were there 12 days and drove over 1,200 miles. I wish it stayed light here until 11 pm. I would get so much done in my yard. Take care and happy gardening!

Marvelous Kiyzersoze. Sounds like a great trip. Many thanks and Happy Gardening too.

Navan, Ireland

I don't know what you mean by that comment about asking directions, Kiyzersoze. We. Are. Very. Monosylabic. (oops, sorry)

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Awesome pictures! I lived in Ireland (Cork) for a year as an exchange student in college. I am of Irish descent so picked there for my study abroad. I absolutely fell in love with that beautiful country and would go back in a heartbeat. It has to be some of the most spectacular and breathtaking country I have ever seen, and I have been many places in the world.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane with your beautiful photos...

Kelly

LOL!! Lortay. We really enjoyed everyone that we met in Ireland. The first Irishman that we met was a man working at the airport that was on break smoking a cigarette on the curb. The road leaving the renal car place was under construction so we got lost trying to get to the highway. He was very concerned that we would get lost so he repeated the directions about 10 times. We finally got on our way. We turned the car around and next thing you know he was in the middle of the road to stop us. He had figured out a better way and stopped us to give us better directions. At one point we thought that he might get in the car to show us. LOL! Just like in the US. Ya right!! Awesome people. We didn't go anywhere that we didn't feel right at home. Would go back in a heart beat but this time instead of traveling to a different place every day we would spend a few days in each place so we would have time to hang out with the people we met. We are still in touch with quite a few people.

Kelly I bet that was awesome! Both of my husband's parents are of full Irish decent. It was really great taking my husband's Mom to see her Mother's house and meeting cousins that they had never met. I'm glad that you liked the pictures.

Take Care and Happy Gardening!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I have travelled a lot and the locals are not always the friendliest of folks when you're a "tourist". Not in Ireland though! The people of Ireland were definitely part of it's charm!

Perfectly stated! You are right about that!

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Now I want to go to Ireland :)

You should. Ireland is AWESOME!

Keaau, HI

The Irish were the first to go green.

Those folks are some real trend setters!

Hey, I'm Irish!

Thumbnail by Metrosideros

LOL!

Navan, Ireland

Hey Metrosideros,
With that photo you need to change your name to Humulus lupulus.

You should all apply to the Irish Tourist Board, they would love you all!

Keaau, HI

Mahalo nui loa, lortay! Many thanks!

My Mom visited Ireland a few years ago. Hope to go myself. Like to see where my ancestors walked.

Aloha, Dave

Lortay, that is a cool idea. I will have to check it out. Ireland tourist information centers were awesome. You could go to to any city and all you had to do was look for the " i ". Everywhere we went we went into the " i ", they had tourist maps of their city and could tell you anything that you needed to know. They would even call your B&B to let them know you were on your way or running late. They could even tell you how to get to your B&B which was really amazing because there are 5 million B&Bs in Ireland. Ireland definatelt has the best tourist info I have eve seen in my travels.

Now see Mr_Canthus and Resin, if I had listed these seperately I may have gotten more detailed info on the plants but we would not still be talking about Ireland. I think this ended up working out better.

Fair dos. A lovely place it is for sure

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.