July Chat, Photos part two

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

forgive me if i've posted this pic in the other thread, i've slept since then.

peppermint schnapps hibiscus

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

I hate to hear you are going thru that with Amber. She has such a mild-mannered nature about her. You never know about kids. She could be fighting with her boy-friend or something. I am sure it will pass soon.

This message was edited Jul 18, 2010 10:09 AM

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm sure it will pass too, it better. It's a long story with her. Don't really want to get into it. but it's not a good situation here at the house right now.

We are also struggling with Danny's work situation. having to try to find a new line of work after 30 years of one certain kind is hard enough on him, he's not found anything yet and no pipeline jobs have opened up yet for him. He finds work periodically and is making bills, and i was thinking the other day, that there are so many people that I am close to that are in a whole heck of alot worse situation than we are, that I should be thankful we aren't there too.

I feel pressured to go out and find work elsewhere than Athlete's choice since the work is slow there, but I know it is about to pick up, and we went through this same thing last year at this time when my work was slow and we got through it just fine.

I'm still buying plants so it can't be that bad ha. although I have slowed down tremendously in that area.

This message was edited Jul 18, 2010 11:40 AM

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kathy Ann I'm sorry to hear about the problems with Amber. Like Bonnie said it could be she's having problems with her boyfriend. Different people handle things different ways - but it is difficult and hurtful when a child treats us in a way that is not respectful regardless of the age.

ditto to what Charlotte said. They always seem the hurt the ones they love the most. Odd how that works.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I'm sorry too KA!!! I've been fighting with Ashley!!!! I don't remember this problem with my kids. They listened, then went out and did exactly what they wanted to but there wasn't all this arguing. The reason we hurt the people we love is b/c people that love you won't forgive you for just a bad day!!!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

That's right Jeri. One of my good friends got really upset with her 48 year old daughter a while back. She was visiting at her daughters house and the daughter yelled at her about something. I'm sure my friend just happened to get the brunt of some other problem she was having. But my friend doesn't take nonsense off anyone not even a 48 year old daughter. So she told her she would not be talked to that way and would go home right then if it wasn't for the GK's. Her daughter apologized and was extremely nice to her the rest of the time. It took her several months to get over her hurt feelings. And she and her daughter are extremely close - talk to each other almost every day.

I have noticed that kids now seem to do a lot of arguing. I hear my GK's keep on and on about something with their parents. I have even told them they need to drop it - there comes a time when it does a lot more harm than good.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

I'm home had a wonderful time visiting with Sandra, Terrye, Jim and Kenny. Of course my special thanks goes to Sandra for having me in her home. Terrye thank you and Ray again for getting the car for us. I drove it home today and all is well at the end of the journey. Sandra has no home phone or internet for the last three days. Their tower was hit. We called Ruth and tried to meet her for lunch but Lamar had a reunion. It was good to talk to her though.
I had a time trying to get to get some bird shots at Jim's but they were hard to get. I did get a good picture of our host though.

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

This daylily at Jim's was beautiful. It was much whiter in person.

Thumbnail by Riverland
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I'm sorry, too, Kathy Ann about Amber's attitude. I went through that with Jason (age 38) when he was living here in my house with me last fall. I had gotten Zach (Jason's son) up, fed him, made sure he was dressed and also made his lunch. Then I woke Jason up and told him it was time for him to take Zach to school. Jason, who is not a morning person, got really mad and started yelling at me and being very disrespectful and all of this in front of Zach. I realize he was stressed because he didn't have a job and couldn't seem to find one and there were other issues he had to deal with too. However, I promptly told Jason that he could pack his clothes and get out because I was not going to tolerate that kind of behavior from him or anyone in my house. He calmed down and apologized and has never treated me that way again. I am sure Amber knows that you love her, Kathy Ann, but she should also know that her being disrespectful of you is not acceptable behavior.

I also had my BFF's granddaughter here for a few days while my BFF had some minor surgery last week. I have known Geah since the day she was born and it was like she was a different person. She was lazy, belligerant, selfish, self-centered and rebellious. I finally told her that she would no longer be welcome in my home until or unless her attitude changed. It seems to be something that our society is infected with, unfortunately. :o((

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

We crossed, Cindy. It's good to hear from you. So glad you enjoyed your stay with Sandra and that you all had a good time. I was wondering why we had not heard from Sandra the last few days. Glad you made it home okay.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

thanks Marilyn and I meant to send Kathy Ann (((Hugs)))

I just assumed you (Cindy) and Sandra were just having so much fun, you didn't have time to post. lol. I guess I didn't think that maybe her service was out. Glad you had a good visit. That is a very good picture of my friends above.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Good to hear you make a safe trip back Cindy! Good picture of Kenny and Jim. I've been wondering about Sandra. I knew she was gone some of the time, but was thinking we should be hearing from her by now.
How is Ruth doing?

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing the pics Cindy!

Bummer about Sandra's tower being hit, I was wondering where she was too.

(((((((((HUGS)))))))) KA! She'll probably get over herself shortly, but I agree with Marilyn, you might have to let her know that the attitude isn't going to be accepted.

Marilyn love the way you handled Jason, at 38 years old you should know not to treat people like that, I probably wouldn't have handled it so well, I'm kind of dramatic when it comes to those situations.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Christine that's not the one I have thank goodness. It is similar but a different one. I have it written down somewhere but can't remember it now.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I did have a talk with her, The last time she was this bad was 4 years ago when she first entered into college, so I'm sure it's something she's going through. She has apologized sort of lol.

I may be getting some more hours at work, we're talking about athlete's choice taking in minor alterations now. Nothing written in stone yet, but it's in the talk stages now. better pay for me and more money for them also.

It's hot out there today, just came in from picking cucumbers. I think I melted out there.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kathy Ann hope things work out to your benefit at athlete's choice.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

me too. their suppose to talk about it tonight, We'll be using all my machines and i'll be doing the alterations at home, so it will be to my benifit when this all gets started, i'll be making most of the money off the alterations. we'll still need to do some talkin about it more . I do hope they decide to go ahead with this endeavor. maybe I can have some peace at home now, cause I'll be working more and bringing in more money , and one of us needs to be doing this. Someone else is goin g to have to learn how to can pickles and peas ha ha. I know he can do it, he's done it before. He even cooked me supper the other night ;0) he just doesn't like to clean,

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Crissy: I was thinking I wouldn't want that plant featured in that link and then I noticed that it was considered a noxious weed. No wonder, if it can pop 800 or more seeds!
I had a pleasant surprise today--I got a call from Emily! :o)) She actually was trying to call a woman in her Bible study group who is also named Marilyn but she hit my number by mistake. LOL We had a nice visit and got a laugh about the whole thing! Love you bunches, Emily!! :o))))

Kathy Ann, good luck with the alterations "thing"--hope it all works out for you. Has Amber had a fight with her boyfriend recently? If so, that could be the reason for her 'attitude'. I'm glad she apologized even if it was only "sort of".

I have been out of batteries for my camera but I got some today so I should be able to get some more photos. I saw 3 EBST BF's at the same time in my flower garden yesterday. Hopefully they will show up again and I can get some good pics.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

No fight with the boyfriend, I really think she's going through another "Transition again. Kind of like when she left for college. she's about to leave home in the real world , saving her money, getting her finances in order. I feel this is what's going on and I really need to give her some space to let her go through this. It doesn't change the fact that she has to be accountable for her actions. Not sure how much more space I can give her though, there's a huge gap between us right now . Maybe this is easier for her to move out if we have this gap between us. Not that she's leaving soon. but it's probably not far off, she hates the long commute from here to work and wants to live in Searcy.

Ripley, MS

I have contact with the outside world again--looks like I missed a lot, but if I don't catch up tonight--I will tomorrow.
My nephew from Mobile is here visiting my sister and he asked me to ride with him to Jackson Tn today. Faith and I went along for the ride, we had a good time. He had bought something for his son's birthday that he had to pick up today, just up there and back. It gave us a little time to visit.

Bonnie I was hoping we would get to see you too--maybe next time ! Jim's yard is beautiful, he is working hard on it now that he is retired and it shows.

Glad you made it home in the new car Cindy, I enjoyed the visit very much and the visit with Terrye too.

Kathy Ann, it will all work out with Amber, she is going through big changes, now that school is behind her.
I missed everyone bunches--

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Glad your back Sandra!! it's not the same without you.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes Sandra we're glad to have you back!! You were missed.

Stepping out into the real world on your own can be a scary thing. You may be on to something - her creating that big gap so it will be easier to move.

Ripley, MS

Thanks, I missed all of you too !!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Good grief, 2 nights in a row I've had to be picked up from our walk early. Not sure what's going on, but I have eaten something both nights on the way to my walking partner's house, not much a peach last night and a small handfull of walnuts tonight, soooooo sick to my stomach, made it 2 miles tonight, and had to call danny. only made it one mile last night. I might have a stomach virus but thinking it may have something to do with eating before walking in this heat, no matter what it was, it must have been too much on me to eat that and walk in the heat, I usually bring water with me too. we'll know tomorrow night, if it's the heat or just what I ate before the walk. I feel fine all day long . feel fine now. I hope I don't have to give up walking till it gets cooler. I would miss it terribly. So would my partners.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Cloud very well be the heat!!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Of course Chrissy I loved that plant!!!

Kathy AnnI sure hope that it's nothing serious with your stomach. I had a few problems with my stomach last week. You know that could be exactly what the problem is with Amber. It's hard to be the little bird when it's time to fly for both the little bird and the mama!!! But fly she must!!!

I miss my friends too!!! Mary is having surgery Thur so we're meeting Emily and Mary and Lisa at Middendorf's Wed. for lunch. I thought it would be better than Mary sitting around all day fretting about her surgery. I know I'm shameless!!! Sounded like a good excuse to me!!!!

How is Ruth doing? I haven't heard in a while!!!

Remember my friend in India that's neighbor had cancer and we asked for prayers. Good news!!!
Uzer''s MRI 7/16/10 showed improvement and his mom relayed her thanks to each of you!!! She is convinced that it is a result of the prayers!!! PTL!!!!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Welcome back, Sandra! We missed you! So glad you had a good visit with Cindy and the others and also with your nephew.
Kathy Ann: you are most likely correct about what is going on with Amber. It is very scary for a young person to have to think about going out into the world and earning their own living, being responsible for all the bills, etc., etc. but as Jeri said: "Fly she must!" I hope you don't get sick tonight when you go out to walk. It is so hot and humid out there--you need to be careful!

Jeri: You girls have a good visit together tomorrow and give everyone a big hug from us! That is such good news about Uzer! PTL!!

I'm having lunch with a friend of mine today in Little Rock--looking forward to it as I haven't been out of the house much lately--been too hot to do anything-- plus gasoline has been so high but it has dropped down to 2.37 per gallon now which is the lowest it has been in some time. Anybody besides me remember when it was 30 cents per gallon? LOL

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

We saw a brown recluse spider run across the living room floor the other day, nothing uncommon in that, but the fact that it rolled over and played dead when danny got up to it to kill it, Scared me to death. How smart or how stupid LOL he's dead now but he was big enough to cause severe damage if he had bitten someone, and darren sleeps on the floor alot. I told him no more. we saw one in the shower the other day too. All the rain must have brought them inside, I need to set out some sticky traps.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Jeri you chose a good time to get together with friends. They will keep Mary's mind off her surgery for sure. Yall have fun!

Watch out for those brown recluse Kathy Ann!!

Yes Marilyn I remember .30 gasoline. I know you all will have a good visit!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Thanks everyone!!! I know we will have a good time too. I forgot to mention that Linda my wife in law will be joining us too!!! She has never been to Middendorf's but loves fish so I know she will enjoy the outing too!!!

KA be very careful those brown recluse spiders are dangerous!!!! I have a friend that lost his arm b/c of a bite from one.

Have fun Marilyn!!!

Sandra how is Justin doing?

Ripley, MS

I am so glad that Mary is finally going to get her surgery, she has surely waited a long time for it, I know it will make her feel so much better--give all hugs from me. The buddy fix I got last week was wonderful. I am so thankful for all of you, I treasure your friendship !

Justin is doing well, he did run a fever last week, but they had no idea why. He is ready to be moved to a rehab but they can't find a place for him yet. We went to see him Memorial day and he knew who we were. He talks very low now and he stuttered once in a while, but for all he has been through, he is doing wonderful. He kept touching his hand to his head where his skull has been removed during the brain surgery. The hair has grown over it already, but it seemed like it might be itching him the way he acted. We were not allowed to touch him as then he was still testing positive for the acinobactor that he had that caused the pneumonia. They put him in a wheelchair and brought him to the entrance of the unit and we talked to him.
One of the nurses there said she was with him in ICU and there were several days they did not think he would make it. He is surely an example of answered prayers

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Praise the Lord for that good report about Justin!!

My friend and I postponed our lunch until tomorrow. Her mother had surgery last week and wasn't supposed to go home for a few more days but the doctor released her late last night so it was midnight before my friend was able to get her mother home and settled. She didn't get a lot of sleep so we postponed our visit until tomorrow.

Brown recluse spiders--yuck! My next door neighbor got bit by one a couple of weeks ago. He said it made a really ugly place on his leg. He is now taking a high-powered antibiotic for it. He thinks he got bit when they were on vacation in Branson.

I was able to get out and take a few pics this morning. The Whirling Butterflies guara is blooming again.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kathy Ann, I've been meaning to tell you that your peppermint schnapps hibiscus is gorgeous!

This black-eyed susan is really doing good. I think Kim may have given me this one, but I'm not certain.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

This Bright Eyes phlox which Kathy Ann gave me is doing good, too, but it is sort of hidden among the yellow milkweed.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

The surprise lily surprised me this week. LOL It is hidden behind the red milkweed.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

This is Green Eyes. I can never seem to get a good photo of the true color.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

tall pink phlox from Kim

Thumbnail by marsue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images