MOSQUITOES!

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

At best its slowed me down......That and the new law that went in effect last month; when we go dancing I can't smoke any more lest I go outside. Right now its not so bad, come the first snow fall it may be a whole lot different..........

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

yes Iam a smoker too DH too,We have both quit for a few years at a time ,I used welbutrin (zyban) ,and the 1st time I had my mouth wired shut !!! After upper jaw surgery tho,Iam thinking that route was good !!! I lost 17 pounds in 23 days !!! OMG I was starving ....Ive heard with chantix ,you have very vivid dreams.But Having to take an anti depressant after wouldnt want to go that way.Wellbutrin is an anti depressant,and now that Iam a lot older I am not going there either or again,too creepy.We dont smoke in the house or the car,I dont smoke while at work.Iam thinking doing the smoke diary,like 1 an hour,then2 hrs so on,now to get Ralph to do it with me .....I keep thinking 3000.00 dollars a year to smoke arrggg...what I could do with that !!!! Hey we could be each others support !!!!

Hobart, IN

I thought the dreams were pretty cool. Nothing scary, just more intense. I've never had depression problems so I figured Chantix was ok for me so I was surprised by the depression. It's strange that while I do try to avoid taking aspirin or tylenol or even prescription drugs (I'm pretty healthy except for borderline BP), I still light up. Having a partner when quitting - especially someone emotionally close - sounds like it would be ideal.
Sherri - hope you're feeling better now that you've been on the meds.
Staying on topic - the mosquitoes are still here. I'm hoping DH will have time to spray this weekend. He's been working 6 days a week so hasn't had a lot of time.

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Yeah there still here too. We're having a party outside a week from tomorrow for my birthday so Ed will have to spray everything down the morning of.............Or everybody'd be in here and the music man too!!!!!!

Bloomington, IN(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the well wishes, ladies - I am feeling better! Cece, happy early b-day in case I forget to say it next week! I hope the spraying works and you don't have any un-invited little buggers there biting everyone. Have a wonderful party!!

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Thank you sherri on both well wishes...........

Shullsburg, WI(Zone 5a)

Little late for these guys but since I was curious about the mosquito title, thought I would read through it. And in case anyone searches for mosquito info.

1. They make a mosquito head net that if used over a wide brimmed hat will at lest keep them off your face. These also work great for those black gnats that come out in the spring.

2. And if you can work in one spot, might try setting up a fan "upwind" of your work area. They don't like moving air (except in North Dakota where they are stronger fliers!!).

Hobart, IN

Thanks for reminding me about the head netting. I hate putting mosquito repellant on my face but we live close to a wetlands so... Seems like the little buggers always try to get behind my glasses and I end up knocking my glasses askew. And then I wonder why my glasses fit so poorly.

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

I really like the wind fan idea. I have collected fand over the years and I must have close to ten. I also have electrical outlets in the garage and outside the house, so this would really work for me. Thanks!

And Cindy, I laughed at knocking your glasses askew. I do that too!

Hobart, IN

It is very frustrating, especially since the skeeters know to go for the glasses! We had more gnats than skeeters last summer with it being so dry and I learned that they're also a royal pain. We use a fan on the patio when we sit out there since the house blocks any breeze from the west.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.