Garden Composer

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

After looking around here, and on the web I settled on buying a copy of Garden Composer by Artvision. Here's the link:

http://www.gardencomposer.com/

I paid my money over a week ago and did not receive anything but an automated receipt from PayPal. No shipping info, nada. Yesterday I tried to call the number they have and it was a fax, so I faxed.. Then I got an email back that the number was for a WI real estate office and the guy had no idea about the software.

Do I need to put a stop on the payment?

Has anyone else had trouble with these people?

I'm nervous.

Hetep

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

It's not unheard of for it to take a couple weeks to get something you ordered, and some companies are better than others about sending you order confirmations, shipping info, etc so it's entirely possible you'll still get your software. Could be since they handle payments through Paypal that they don't send a separate confirmation email--most companies I order from do send a separate email, but I've ordered from a few that didn't. And if it hasn't shipped yet, then there wouldn't be any shipping info to send you (and again, while most places will send you a shipping notification, there are some places out there that don't). Their website lists an email address [email protected] so I'd suggest trying that and see if you can get through that way.

Since it hasn't been that long since you ordered, I'm not sure if you can put in a dispute on Paypal for non-delivery yet--they would probably tell you to give it a little more time. But Paypal is very good about disputes, so you don't need to feel nervous about things--give it another week or two and if they haven't responded to your email and you haven't received the software or some notification that it's shipped, then they will get your money back.

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

If you email and still no response, I would contact PayPal without the wait. Folks there are helpful and would likely opt to have you contact them with a problem sooner as opposed to later. And, if the number listed is incorrect, PayPal can get the right number for you. If there is something wrong with the transaction (not legit) better to interrupt it sooner than later - and save others and PayPal the same issues.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Assuming you do eventually receive the software I'd love to hear your opinion of it. It sounds like it is pretty cool and I like that it utilizes things like GPS technology to help you do a survey of your garden. And 3D glasses for a 3D tour? Even if I could get the actual experience simply by walking in my garden, I'd still enjoy the 3D trip!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I did finally get a cryptic 2 sentences from someone who asked if I wanted a refund. Told him I wanted the software and needed to know if anyone was in business (or alive)..

Nothing else yet to another reply yesterday that asked for an ETA.

=============
Wow.. as typed this my BB went off and he has an ETA of 1 to 2 days.

He may think I'm a crank, but I have always found that being a "Squeaky Wheel" got me more attention than standing there silently with a wistful look on my face.

I'll keep you posted what I think of it. I'm a newbie gardener, but not with comps. LOL! I feel like I'm starting to leave one world and learn about another that's been there all along.

Hetep

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images