New Colorful Bobtail Girl

Loudonville , OH(Zone 5b)

Hi there,

Pete was complaining that he wanted more color in our family since the boys are white with black & the girls are all shades of brown. So we went to the Columbus cat show yesterday and picked up a new little Japanese Bobtail girl from the breeder from Canada that my boys came from. She was born 2/11/10 and is tiny compared to our other guys. Her registered name is Tickettyboo's Beatrice (Yuck!!) but, so far, Pete is calling her Sweet Pea. I hope we come up with something else!! She definitely has LOTS of color. She is not afraid of the others & has smacked all of them down at one time or another in the short time she has been here. She slept with us last night and woke me up several times by "making bread" or kneading my face, neck, chin, arms, etc. She is the fastest & most persistent kneader I ever saw. I finally put the covers over my head to slow her down. I think she was a masseuse in a past life. LOL She has the sniffles right now so she will see the vet this week just for a check up.
So meet "Sweet Pea"

So meet "Sweet Pea"

Thumbnail by slvrwilo

Here is the other side of the spotted kid

Thumbnail by slvrwilo
Scotts Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

She’s gorgeous! I hope she brings years of joy to you and your husband. ^_^

~Marilee

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Beautiful baby

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I ♥ her! What a pretty kitty!

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Congratulations! She is stunning!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

She has such a beautiful face, too! "Sweet Pea" suits her, I think.

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

definitely a sweet pea!!♥

Columbus, OH(Zone 6a)

Ooooh! I love her! The spot shown in the second photo looks like a bear. :)

I have had two bob tailed cats - actually a mother and daughter. They both had very strong personalities, though they were very different. Nothing was ever smooth sailing for those two! They were my little Drama Queens. :)

(Zone 4b)

slvrwilo, I am a long time member of DG but by accident I stumbled on a post you made in the Garden section in which I noticed your Bobtail kitties! Late next month our family will take on a 4 month old JBT. I would love to pick your brain re your experiences with your bobtails....we are very excited.

Where are u getting it from? Male or female? Do u have other cats in the house?

Thumbnail by slvrwilo
(Zone 4b)

Check your D-mail sivrwilo

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Very pretty kitties. They look very soft. LOL

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

When did you get them back from the breeder? Curious how you solved the litter box problems ?

I will never get them back. I wish I could but I am physically unable to take care of that many cats. Especially since Pete died in February.
Once the bobtails left there were no more litter problems.

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

I just noticed the 4 year gapbetween posts a few entries above this one. When I read it yesterday I thought you had given up your cats and then gotten some more from the same breeder and so I was just confused.
I'm very glad you have a kitty to love on.
I'm guessing that Pete was your DH? I'm so sorry for your loss.
Feline comfortors are deffinately therapeutic especially during times of loss.

a hug and a prayer,
~Sheri~

Pete was my soul mate. Now my cats take care of me. The only time I am allowed to take care of them is feeding time. Even then they tell me when they want something, what cupboard it's in, and where they expect it to be placed. Now if I could just get them to cook for me.....! LOL

(Zone 4b)

Here are our three, with the youngest in front also a Japanese Bobtail.

Thumbnail by rouge21

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.