North Central Texas Fall Roundup October 10th

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Hello Everyone!!! Sorry I had to spring this on you, but when I went to check on the available dates this was the only one available so I decided to reserve it because I was afraid we might not be able to get it otherwise. I hope everyone can make it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- POST ON THIS THREAD IF YOU CAN ATTEND AND HOW MANY PERSONS IN YOUR PARTY.
TRADING ON THE TRADE THREAD PLEASE.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
O.K. Everybody, the park is reserved and the fee paid, so it is ours.
The rules are no alcohol and no electric appliances.
The rental fee is $100.00. We will divide the cost among the members, the amount will depend on how many members attend. Usually less than $5.00 per member. Guests,spouses, and children do not pay.
There will be a table for name tags and signing in as you arrive and you can pay your share at that time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DOOR PRIZES, ONE PER PERSON
Please bring a small item per person in your party, for the door prizes, it can be a book or a small garden tool, just a small item or maybe a plant, but something not gender specific, and not expensive.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DATE,TIME, AND PLACE
Date--- Sunday October 10th
Time---12 Noon till? We start later to give people from out of town a chance to be on time.
Place--- The Pavilion at Randol Mill Park, Arlington, Texas.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LINK TO TRADE THREAD AND LISTS
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1120385/

This message was edited Aug 26, 2010 1:32 PM

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Yea!!!! I'm there. I can't wait. Food thread?

We will start the food thread as we get closer to the date.
Glad you can make it.
Josephine.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Woot! Mark and I will be there!

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Good work Josephine for acting quickly. So happy that I can make it! Will try to bring a friend or two.

Grapevine, TX(Zone 8a)

My dad and I will be coming.

Great!! this is shaping up really well, it will be so good to see you all.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Putting Oct 10th on the calendar.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks again Josephine:). I'm looking forward to coming.

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

I was hopping to come to the Arlington swap this Fall but it is the same weekend as the TXRU at Nadines. That's how it goes sometimes, have fun.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

So sorry Ken....we didn't have a choice this year. Just too much going on as the weather gets cooler. If you decide to come I know there are a lot of people you haven't met that would love your tropicals. We usually have 20 plus members there and almost everyone brings a guest.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Guess I need to sign up.

Sheila_FW & DH Herman = 2

Plano, TX

bill and i will be there

Ken, I am sorry, it was the only choice, but isin't Nadine's on Saturday?
Maybe you could make it here on Sunday? just a thought.
Josephine.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

I think I read that Nadine's in on the 8th?
Why not just have one big one?

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1098158/
This is Nadine's link.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Well there is about 5 hours drive between the two locations, I don't think many would come up or go down. Plus we have about 40-50 people here in Arlington, so we wouldn't move it. Hopefully they aren't on the same day, that way some can do both. I posted on the link asking Moodene about it. She only said w/e of the 8th on the thread, not an exact date.

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Mine is for 3 days..starts on October 8th and ends on October 10...

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Mind if I put it on the event calendar sticky at the top of the forum?

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Nadine is starting back up the old TXRU that started on Brugmansia Growers International and spilled over to American Brugmansia and Datura Society and then Dave's. It has always been a three days event. The swaps that only last for a few hours, makes it hard to really get to know people the way you would like to. By the time you trade plants and eat, it's time to go. We have had people come from CA.,MI., FL. One year we co-hosted with Joan Cook from Tyler and 11 women had a slumber party out in their gazebo.

I am going to miss all of you. I have met some of you several times and still get you mixed up. I only just met Josephine at the east Texas swap this Spring and she is so charming she is already like an old friend. Maybe I can make the Spring swap, have fun.

Thank you Ken, you are charming too, in a manly way of course.
I hope you can make the spring swap, we will miss you at this one, but such is life!!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

So it is a camping trip that you just happen to carry plants to? LOL! Enjoy Ken, hope the heat gives us all a break by then.

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Yup, I got plenty of land for people to pitch tents and 1 RV trailer..LOL..and hoping to build an outdoor shower for people to cool off if they want to get wet....A bonfire will be going along with marshmellows and a weinie roast either Friday or Saturday nite...lol.. I am hoping to have a giant Scrabble game built on my barn slab in case people want to play..gonna be lotta fun I hope...

We are hoping to have fun at our swap too, although it will be much simpler, it will still be very nice.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

I already mentioned on some thread that I hoped that Arl would not be on that wkend as I already RSVP'd to Moodene's.
Next spring, if not a fore!!!
:~)

Thank you Smockette you are a sweetheart.

Plano, TX

from frostweed
We are hoping to have fun at our swap too, although it will be much simpler, it will still be very nice.

so true frostweed! i've enjoyed the few that i have gone to and am aranging a vacation around it becasue i didn't want to miss it this fall!! thanks for getting it started

Thank you Linda, it is always a treat to see you and all the other friends.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

bump...
Hey there....yes you....those who think cooler weather will never come. It will, does every year. October is not that far off, please sign up to come join us for food, friendship, fun and plants.

Plano, TX

and all of our new texas members--this is the way to get indoctrinated!! and to go home with a car full of new plants--also great food and fun people

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Guess I should sign up too. It'll just be me.

Hello Pattie, good to know you are planning to come.
I guess with this terrible heat many people are just trying to keep things alive, I am sure things will pick up as soon this heat wave passes and we get more bearable temperatures.

Wichita Falls, TX

I've never been to a "roundup", so would someone be kind enough to tell this roundup "dummy" the basics. Do all plan to bring and swap? What about those of us who have little to nothing worth swapping?

I'd love to meet everyone, but don't think I have anything worth digging up and attempting to swap. I've just started a new yard -- so this year most were annuals.

I'd be coming from Wichita Falls. Anyone else in the area and might want to travel together?

Hello Greta, I am so glad you can make it!! I hope you can find someone to travel with, it is more fun that way.
We would love to meet you too, and you really don't have to bring plants to trade, but if you wanted to bring something to trade it could be compost or perlite, or something you have made, maybe a garden tool, you get the idea.
Many people are also glad to give plants away, so don't worry, just come and have fun, and you will be going back with lots of plants.
Josephine.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Yep!....What Frostweed said......
Just show up and you will go home with some goodies that aren't pre-traded and people don't want to take back home. As for a friend to come...you can ask a neighbor or relative to come as a guest...they are free, only the member pays $5.
However if you want to find some DG person in your area to team up with, you can look for people in your area by clicking on extras at the top of the home page. Then click on "find other DG subscribers in your area".

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

We'd love to have you! Have no fear, you won't leave empty-handed!

Wichita Falls, TX

Gee! You all sound too inviting. Thanks! I'll mark my calendar. Now to wait in eager anticipation.

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Greta ;) The roundups are fun!! Do you have a wish list of plants you'd like? I may have something you'd be interested in. Post your want list on the trade thread here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1120385/
Don't worry everyone is soooo nice. You'll have fun.

Wichita Falls, TX

Plant wish list??? Wow! This is too good to be true! Actually I'm seriously considering making my beds drought resistant plants. . . periennals. I'm not even picky as to what kind, though I am partial to pinks and purples. Now does that sound indecisive or what?

Thanks for the idea, I'll start doing some research -- when I get extra time! Ha!

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi, Greta. I think it's safe to say that, whether you have plants to bring or not, you won't leave empty-handed. Did you know, most of my back yard gardens are courtesy of DG pals? The people here are so generous, especially when you're just starting out.

I bring plants that I start from cuttings, or seedlings/divisions that I don't have room for. Anyone is welcome to them for the asking. I have a small yard and don't have much room left. If you happen to have something to share that's on my wish list, I'll be happy to take it off your hands. :) But it's not necessary. I think a lot of others feel the same way.

For me, the main thing now is just the chance to visit with my DG friends. That is the very best part!

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Well said. I agree100%!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.