North Central Texas Fall Roundup Trade Thread.

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Protect those new plants Josephine!

Wichita Falls, TX

Tina, I have some volunteer crape mrytle. What is your prefence, dark pink or white. Sorry, do not know the specifics, as in name; they were here when we bought the place. They do grow tall. They were absolutely beautiful this year.

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

catzgalore,
a little of each hoya would be great.

gretagreenthumb
It doesn't matter to me which one or both is fine too.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Stephanie, I'd love your Pride of B. Josephine had promised me some seeds, but given my track record with seeds, the plant would be better. Oh, and hey, you had promised me a start of the mealycup sage when I thought mine had been killed. It came back (with a vengeance, LOL). So, please save that one for someone else.

Catz, got you for the butterfly bush. Tina, I'll start one for you too if you like.

Anna, do you have another LA iris? Those are just lovely.

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

pbtxlady,
I would love to have a butterfly bush start. Thanks so much.

Stephanie
If you still have the mealycup sage I would love one. Thanks

Wichita Falls, TX

Stephanie -- I too would like some mealycup sage. If you have extras. Thanks!

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you pbtxlady :)

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Pattie, I have a LA iris with your name on it.

Wichita Falls, TX

Banana, does the LA iris require lots of water? That alone is my hesitation in requesting one. I'm trying to go "waterwise". If water is not a problem and you have more to share, count me in. Thanks!

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Anna. :)

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

gretagreenthumb,Hmm..I don't know how to answer that. I have it in a place that gets run off from a retaining wall so it gets more water than just sprinklers. Maybe some one else has better info. I can give you one to try...I won't come after you if it dies!

Wichita Falls, TX

Bananna -- how comforting that you won't come get me if it dies. With that being the case, please I'd love to try one. Thanks!

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Does any one have a paddle plant http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/64054/ to trade..?

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I have one Anna that I am sure I can give you a start from. It is way out growing it's pot.

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

I love you!!!
Anything you want from my list? Otherwise I can dig or root something.

Karen, Mt.Pleasant, TX

I am just getting started with my plants and won't have anything to trade until next spring or fall. My hypertufa pots crumbled so I will have to practice more...maybe have some for trade in spring.

However, I do have 1- 50 pound bag of rabbit manure I purchased from a guy on Craig's list. ($10) I could divide it into smaller bags but not sure what size would be useful. suggestions? Or it could go to one single person if you have a good size plant(s) that I want. If you are wanting it for your compost you would probably need the whole bag. I used 1 bag on each of my two bins.

Also have volunteer sweet gum seedlings and oak trees I can dig up.

Wants:
Comfrey plants
Native Buckeye
hostas
Hollies, Yaupon, possumhaw, or American

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Anna....You have already given me a society garlic that wasn't claimed in San Marcos...that is plenty.

Hello PNND....glad you will be making it back this year!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Okay, folks! Got the following down for you:

Pbtxlady~Pride of Barbados
Catzgalore~Pride of Barbados
Greta~Pink Skullcap and Katie's Pink Ruellia

Tina & Greta re: Mealy Blue Sage~I don't have any extra that I can't remember who wanted (in June when their's died). Let me see if I can get some cuttings going and/or I can bring you some cuttings. Will that work?

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Steph, that was me you promised the mealy to, but I don't need it cuz mine came back.

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you Steph :)

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

Steph,
If you have enough for both of us then I will take one, if not then let Greta have it and I will try to get one in the spring. Thanks Tina

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Wonderful, Pattie! Thanks for letting me know!

Okay, got a Mealy blue sage for Greta! Tina, I'll try to root one (or divide mine which is getting big anyway) for you. :) Today, I don't mind being outside! LOL

Wichita Falls, TX

Thanks everyone for the Mealy blue sage -- I feel like the honored guest.

Steph -- thanks!

This is getting exciting -- I feel like a kid in a candy store.

Grapevine, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow, the weather sure improved quickly! Hopefully I won't have to spend so much time watering this week, and can start looking for trades. :)

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

I couldn't believe it, today at noon it was 74 degrees, what a marvelous change!!
I planted 25 coneflowers in one of my new flower beds, I guess you can tell I love coneflowers, I have to replace the ones that the mysterious animal took destroyed this summer.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I just heard on the news that we had a record low high temp for today. That's pretty cool for late August!

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

You know what, Tina, I was out weeding today and I saw what I *think* is a mealy blue seedling. If it's needed, I can dig it up and bring it. I'll watch it for a few days and make sure that's what it's going to be.

Hello Guys, I just posted the links to the trade lists at the top of this thread for easy reference.

Karen, Mt.Pleasant, TX

I have a trade list? I did not know that...I will have to see what I have on it ...LOL

Well you do have a post about trades, and you can put your list there.

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

PlayNNtheDirt, I have a hosta for you. I may be able to give you comphrey. It is one plant and I am not sure about digging it up to split it. Advice anyone?

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Does anyone have some agastache available. I'm building up a hummer/flutter garden and would love some to add to it.

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

I have one that has 1 1/2 inch light purple spikes that grows about 2 ft tall. Smells very fresh! You are welcome to it.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Catz, can I get a Russelia equisetiformis from you please?

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

I will take it please bananna18. Thank you :)

I'll put your name one Steph :) Anything I can do for you?

This message was edited Aug 26, 2010 9:13 PM

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Well I had to look up what Stephanie wanted...b/c I usually like the same. Catz, do you any more Russelia equisetiformis?

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

I sure do. I'll put your name on it bananna18 :)

This message was edited Aug 26, 2010 9:18 PM

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

LOL Anna! So glad I could enable you! :)

Grapevine, TX(Zone 8a)

Stephanie, can I have a rock rose?

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Catz, do you still have any of the russelia? I have never seen that before, and I'd love to try it.

Stephanie, can you wait till spring for the aster? I have that beautiful blue one (October Skies) that Liz shared with us, and I'm planning to move/divide it in the fall when it finishes blooming. You're welcome to a division, but I don't think it will happen by Oct 10.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.