North Central Texas Fall Roundup Trade Thread.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Stephanie....I would like to get some of your pink skullcap, mine sucumb to the freeze this year. I think I should be able to get you a clump of corral bells hucherra for it.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Dennis~Gotcha down for the Rock Rose

Sheila~I'll pot up some Pink Skullcap for you and take the coral bells.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Pattie~I can wait for the aster. Not a problem!

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Stephanie, did you root a cutting of skullcap or is it a volunteer...I have lots but never get extra plants.

Plano, TX

sheila--can i try your snow ball bush? it sure is pretty!

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Pattie, do you still have agastache Honey Bee Blue available. It sounds wonderful.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Stephanie....great....skull cap for coral bells

PlanoLinda....a snowball bush is yours

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Anna, I grew some from seeds last year and this year they've taken off!

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Sheila_FW ~ can I please get one your west tx mist flower. The butterflies just adore that plant and I'm working on a butterfly and hummingbird garden for next year :)

Greta ~ could you try to get some of your phlox started for me? Or seeds would be ok too if you have some.

PlayNNtheDirt ~ I have a couple different hosta I can share with you if your interested. 2 are variegated and 1 is sorta blue. I must tell you I have not tested any of my hosta for HVX. If your ok with that jlmk.

This message was edited Aug 29, 2010 2:34 PM

This message was edited Aug 29, 2010 2:41 PM

This message was edited Aug 29, 2010 2:52 PM

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Get some potted for you catz.

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you Sheila :) Is there anything I can do for you?

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Stephanie, putting your name down for an aster next spring.

Anna, I have tons of the agastache. I'll put you down.

Stephanie, where did you get skullcap seeds???? I've never been able to identify anything that looked like seeds. I've rooted them before, but I'll bet it would be a lot easier to start with seeds.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Pattie, from the very first sprig of a plant I received a couple of years ago. The seed pods start off green, then quickly turn brown.

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Sheila ~ can I please get one your west tx mist flower too ?

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes Anna, I will put you down also.

Anna....can I get Mrs H Duelberg salvia from you please.

Catz...I will take the zebra grass ...thanks

This message was edited Aug 29, 2010 7:49 PM

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Got ya down Sheila. Thank you :)

Wichita Falls, TX

Shelia -- ditto! (TX mist) I just looked this up and it does seem like the butterfly plant to have. I just checked and you only had two, but I also read that it spreads underground -- what are the chances you can get extras? Do you know if it seeds? If so, I'd be happy with seeds. Thanks.

Catz -- I'll attempt the phlox rooting in the morning.

This message was edited Aug 29, 2010 7:53 PM

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Greta :) Hopefully it'll take, it sure looks like a pretty one.

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you Sheila...I have been wanting that for quite a while! Mrs. D is yours.
I found two Brazilian verbena while weeding if anyone wants

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Pattie, thanks for Honey Bee. BTW, do you think it could be xeriscaped?
What would you like?

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

No, I don't think so. I didn't have any trouble with it last year, but it has really wilted this year from the heat, and needed extra water. That's in part shade, so I doubt it could take xeriscaping. It is definitely a keeper, though, because the bees love it.

You're already bringing me an iris and a betony, which I really appreciate! I'd like to know how to propagate the betony, too, if you don't mind.

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Pattie, I wrote what I do in the seed starting thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1123393/
Sheila, I made a mistake. I always mix up west texas mist flower and the other one...(white texas mist flower) Ageratina Wrightii, well apparently it isn't even called white texas mist flower! Well I have gobs of the first one, so I don't need more. I planned on digging up Mrs D, so I will bring you some

This message was edited Aug 30, 2010 8:09 PM

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

So you put the betony under a dome?

Here's how I do that. I have a son who is always stopping for frapps at Starbuck's, or soft drinks from QT and 7-11. I save all his cups and lids. Then when I need to put something under a dome, I use those cups and their lids. Tape over the hole for the straw. Seems to work pretty well. I used to use the large soda bottles cut in half (tip from Patricia), but most of my cuttings don't need that much room.

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

That is a great idea. I now have to hunt after my co workers with their big Gulp cups! I have the betony "under the dome" The disadvantage is that the dome flies off easily.

Grapevine, TX(Zone 8a)

Stephanie, I might have some heartleaf skullcap for you. I had several volunteers that looked good before the heatwave, but they don't look good now. I'll try digging up a few and see if any survive.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Great, Dennis! If it doesn't make it, no biggie. There's always next time!

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Well, I am finally going to post some plants, these are all nice, I just need to reduce my stock.
NON NATIVE PLANTS FOR TRADE
1 Shrub with little purple flowers in gallon pot, never found out its name.

Please check my list, I will be posting some natives soon
Josephine

This message was edited Sep 5, 2010 6:49 PM

Wichita Falls, TX

Frostweed -- I'd love the rose scented Geranium. Also would love roses, but not ready for them this year. Does the deep pink rose smell like a rose? I'd make exceptions.

Looking forward to check out your natives. . . . . .

Thanks!

Greta, the geranium is yours, the deep pink rose doesn't have much scent, so what do you think, yes or no?

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, Josephine, I would love the Cecile Brunner. What can I trade you?

Pattie, you are already giving me some coneflowers and that is just fine.
I got it from Silverflutter as just an unrooted cutting a few years ago and I have enjoyed it, those flowers are small but they are adorable, it needs to be moved to a larger pot or planted in the ground.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Great, Josephine, thanks!

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

Josephine,
can I get your butterfly bush? I want as many as i can get. Thanks Tina

Sure Tina, the butterfly bush it is yours.

Wichita Falls, TX

frostweed -- yes, I am a sucker for dark pink roses. Thanks!

O.K. the dark pink rose is yours.

Grapevine, TX(Zone 8a)

Anna, can I have some white avens? I am going to try to take some some chile petins/pequin cuttings.

Plano, TX

someone lissted inland sea oats--i looked them up and they look interesting--would like to give them a try

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

I have white avens for you Dennis. I guess atleast one of your chile pequin survived the winter. I lost mine :(

Grapevine, TX(Zone 8a)

Most of my chiles bit the dust, but I have three left.

Planolinda, I'll pot up some inland sea oats for you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.