Heads-up! Our Annual Photo contest will be open for entries this Thursday the 18th!

RU at Ray's Place

Booneville, MS

It's time for a Midsouth Roundup!

We're having a get together at Ray's Place in Booneville, Ms, on 10/23/2010.
Everyone is welcome; newbies, oldies and inbetweens! So, mark the date on your calendar and plan on coming!
We'll swap plants, seeds or whatever else anyone wants to bring. Plus eat and visit, especailly visit. Can't wait to see everyone!

We'll chat on this thread and I'll start another one to put our lists on.

Here's the Swap Thread:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1123963/

I'll be posting the particulars in this thread so keep an eye out.
Terrye

Those attending:

Terrye
Kim
Charlotte
Cindy
Bonnie
Marilyn
Crissy
Sandra
Judy
Ruth and Lamar
KathyAnn
Mary and Lisa
Sharon and Max

Food List:

Terrye - taco soup, Chicken spaghetti, pimento cheese, dessert, drinks
Charlotte - Apricot nectar cake

This message was edited Oct 2, 2010 3:22 PM

Thumbnail by tryliv
North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

oh boy! oh boy! oh boy! I cannot wait! I will be there...as long as my driver, KA, is coming ;o)

Booneville, MS

Great, Kim. I can see you guys in that car right now, with KA barely showing over the steering wheel and plants sticking out everywhere! lol

I'll start a list of everyone coming and I will need to get everyone's Tshirt size. Just Dmail me.

Terrye

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I plan to be there! Can't wait to see Ray's Place!

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Me too can't wait

Booneville, MS

Me three! lol I'm all excited and it's still two months away!

Headed out to get some more work done. The temp not too bad right now. Got to go help get the skeet stations set up

Terrye

Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

I am planning on coming too. Will be good to see everyone !

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I'm planning on being there depending on a couple of things but put me down now as a "yes". :o))

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Put me down as a YES also! The only thing that will stop me is if my childhood friend from 7th grade wants me to come up to Springfield to visit her, or she comes down here, she's recently separated from her husband and we're trying to plan on a good time to get together but she has days off during the week and I don't have any vacation time at the moment.

Booneville, MS

Yay! I have you guys down.

Y'all know I have 2 extra bedrooms and a couch and plenty of floor space in the rec room. We could make pallets when we run out of beds if you don't care to sleep on the floor. Actally I have three extra bedrooms but one is the GKs playroom but I may get a bed or one of those inflatble beds to use that weekend too.

We'll start looking at food lists and things like that soon.

Terrye

Booneville, MS

Marilyn, I'd like one of those Torch Lilies.

I'll have plenty of DLs, cannas and iris on my list.

terrye

Thank you Terrye!

Ripley, MS

Hey, I am coning too !!!

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

May Lamar and I come?

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I'll put you down for a torch lily, Terrye. Charlotte and I are planning on driving over together but we most likely will make the trip over there and back all in one day.

Ripley, MS

Terrye called and said she could not get on Dave's site this morning, has not been able to since Friday--I am going to report it to the help desk
She has NOT and is NOT planning on leaving the country !!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks for letting us know Sandra.

LOL That is good to know, Sandra! ;o))

Ruth! You and Lamar are more than welcome to come to Terrye's RU!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm coming!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I just listed my trade list, very minimal compared to what I could offer up in the spring time. most everything in the back yard has been chopped down

i'm looking forward to this RU!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Think it's going to the the case for most of us Kathy Ann!

Booneville, MS

I'm back!!! I thought I had done something really bad and they wouldn't let me back in to Daves! lol I was on Friday off and on all day and then Friday night I couldn't get in. I could get to anywhere in the Internet except DGs. Tried by my shortcut and by the browser and nothing worked. Still nothing yesterday but I was so busy with the skeet shoot I didn't have time to figure it out. I thought Daves was down. Called Sandra this morning and found out it was on my end. she contacted Terry and now all is well. Something in my computer called a Web proxy messed up.

Sandra, I knew you would be here or I would have your head! lol

Ruth, you know not to ask me if you can come. It wouldn't be a RU without you and Lamar! I hope you feel better soon. If not , we'll prop you up by the fireplace and wait on you hand and foot! It's so good to hear from you!

Marilyn, you and Charlotte can stay with me and make it a two day trip. That way the trip won't be so hard.

Terrye

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

thanks, Terrye. :o)) Charlotte has said she can make it a two day trip so that is what we will do.

I'm going to make it a two day trip too. It's a 5 hour drive for me one way.

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Thanks Terrye it has been too long since I saw anyone anyone here, miss you guys.

Booneville, MS

I miss you too, Ruth. I can't wait to see everyone. My Ugandense I got from you is growing like crazy but it hasn't bloomed. Does it bloom in the spring or summer? I couldn't remember.

Crissy, are you coming by yourself? You're welcome to stay here, too. We'll just have a big slumber party!

You guys remember to send me your shirt sizes!

Terrye

This message was edited Aug 23, 2010 6:58 PM

I probably will be coming by myself.

Charlotte, I would like a pup/start of each of your NOID EEs and of both ajugas please.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Will put you down!

Booneville, MS

Charlotte, I'd like a start of your Metallica ajuga.

Kim, I'd like a clumping fern.

Thanks, Terrye

You got it, Terrye.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

OK Terrye.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kathy Ann I would like a voodo lily bulb if you can dig it.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Got cha down charlotte!

i'm watering those things now, hoping to get the ground soft in that area lol

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

i've got lots and lots of moonflower vine seed if anybody wants any.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I'll take some seeds Kathy Ann. My moonvine isn't blooming so I don't suppose I will be harvesting any seeds!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

i'll bring some, not sure why yours isn't blooming, alot of my blooms are up inside the vine, where you can't see them .

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I also added the thermopsis golden bean

I'll see if I can dig up a pic of this plant for you guys, it was blooming at my RU and it was beautiful

also have some lavender poppy seeds, tons of them.

I have a mix of golden bean and golden banner thermopsis also.

Booneville, MS

KA, I'd like some of the golden bean and golden banner seeds. I remember it well from your RU! I really liked the banner.
And some of the poppy seeds.
Thanks, terrye

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.