Ipomoea holubii bloom

Yardley, PA

This is one of my favorite caudiciforms as it bloomed like crazy over the summer

Thumbnail by Sally0
Mesilla Park, NM

Oh boy, these are beautiful, I want one of these so bad,.. where did you buy him if you don't mind me asking... just gorgeous.. and flowering too. I think I've got almost 15 bonsai pots ready for some caudiciform plants, I've been collecting these pots for 4 years now and plan to get plants or seeds for them.

Arlington, TX

Holy $&^%*&%(*^(*! I want one too. I cannot tell which leaves are his, are they the fat ones or the thin?
C

Mesilla Park, NM

I think that I. holubii has the thin leaves. There must be seeds somewhere for sale on this one! I ordered some DR from Thailand and I should have checked to see what else he/she sold as far as caudiciform plants. Hopefully it was a good seller too for that matter.

Yardley, PA

I bought this about 5 years ago from "Rare Succulents". I went to the Succulents and Cactus Plants Mall. Find the USA nurseries and there are all sorts of treasures there.

Yardley, PA

By the way this plant does have the thin leaves.

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Petra does have it listed, but it's expensive: http://www.rare-succulents.com/

Mesilla Park, NM

Come to think of it faeden, when I lived up in CA, near Grigsby's, I purchased two or three of the I. platensis, but now that I think about it, I'm sure they had several caudiciform plants at their place. SallyD, I think they still sell on-line also. I'll check them both out, thanks for mentioning that and the photo.

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

I'll bet they have it too. They always did have a fair number of caudiciforms as well as other plants. Here's their website: http://www.cactus-mall.com/grigsby/

Mesilla Park, NM

SallyD, I'm glad you posted that photo in the MG forum... it makes me wonder who is following me around, lol.. Very nice and I appreciate it.
A.

Yardley, PA

Gourd it is interested how diverse these plants are. Who would think that would be in the morning glory family. I love getting a chance to share them. I just love them and I don't know many people who appreciate these beauties. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My son thinks most of them are ugly. lol. What does he know.

Mesilla Park, NM

I know what you mean, I love them too. I call them my fat bodies and everyone that visits a year or two later will ask me for them.. very nice that they remember and know that they make an impression on them. I have a couple of small trees that I got at a cactus nursery in AZ two years ago, we try to go there every summer to hit the nurseries there. I'll go out and write the names down. So far, so good, they have been overwintering indoors for a couple of years, but, I think they will make it into the ground next year and stay outdoors.

Yardley, PA

I would love to be able to grow mine outdoors all year long. What a treat that would be. Not here in the Philadelphia area so I will be fighting bugs all winter.

Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

Nice, and I know all about moving plants in the winter. My back remembers, I should say.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images