Pachypodium eburneum

Yardley, PA

The Pachypodium eburneum is another that will drop it's leaves soon so I thought I would get the picture up

Thumbnail by Sally0
Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

What a terrific plant Sally! I just love its form.

Decatur, GA

I have a bunch of Pachypodiums that are root bound. I think I will start putting them in s/h situation in hopes of getting more growth and flowers next year. I love the big fat caudex on yours Sally. How tall is yours? And how old is it as well.
Thanks,
Helen

Arlington, TX

Where do you get them from? I see just a few sellers and they don't have much variety or any of appreciable size.
C

Yardley, PA

I think I bought these on ebay but it was much smaller. I bought it probably about 5 or so years ago.

Arlington, TX

Didn't see any there but will keep looking.
C

Decatur, GA

Sally, how tall is your plant?
Thanks, Helen

Yardley, PA

It's about 5" tall.

Decatur, GA

Thanks.

Dandridge, TN(Zone 6a)

Very nice!

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 5a)

That almost looks like a Pachypodium from Highland Succulents (in Ohio, I believe.) They grow their pachys hard so they all have a great fat caudex.

Arlington, TX

Do they mail order LOL

Yardley, PA

That is funny because I grow my in s/h and the roots are free to roam. Guess there is more than one way to get a fat caudex. I have had this for a long time, that also helps.

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 5a)

Yes, Highland does mail order but they are done for this season. The ordering part of their website will be up again next spring. Right now, you can even look at what was offered this year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.