4th Annual Daves GardenTrip to Randolph nursery

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Well, folks , it's that time of year again! ok not quite, but we need something to talk about till Spring time, and this will have to suffice ! ha. The best date we could come up with to fit most schedules including Rita's schedule is Saturday April 30th.

We plan to be there when the door is open! And Rita is expecting us and will be there this year!

Several of us are planning a 2 day trip out of this and going over to Memphis on Friday to spend the day and night and head over to Rita's on Saturday.

Who's coming Friday:
Kathy_ann
Kim
Bonnie & friend
Marilyn Maybe
Charlotte
Loretta
Sharron
Sandra
Terrye
Cindy

Who's coming Saturday:

Kathy_ann
Kim
Marilyn ?
Melody
Bonnie & friend
Loretta
Charlotte
Sandra
Cindy
Terrye
Kenny (maybe)
Crissy (maybe)
Sharon & Max
Terry

This message was edited Apr 3, 2011 7:25 AM

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I'm going to try to make it this year...and bring down the concrete ducks if Kim still wants some. Last year's tornadoes side-tracked me, so hopefully the weather will co-operate.

The Quilt Show is in Paducah that week...anyone want to come up for that? I'll be going to that too.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

The Paducah Quilt Show is excellent ... worthwhile trip ... and I don't even quilt. But you don't have to quilt to appreciate that art form.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I don't quilt either, but never miss it!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Don't blame you, Melody.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Shhh...I spend more at the quilt show than I do on flowers...

I love the vendors and am always looking for new paints and dyes and other stuff to work on fabric with. Here's one of my latest projects...hand-dyed silk scarves...

Thumbnail by melody
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh, wow--beautiful scarves, Melody! I have always loved looking at quilts. I used to watch a show on educational tv called "Cooking in Amish quilt country" or something like that. The lady would always cook something delicious and at the end of the show, she would also show off a beautiful hand-made quilt.

I hope to be free the week-end of the 30th so I can make the trip to Rita with the rest of ya'll but I won't know for sure till later on. Go ahead and put me down with a ? by my name, Kathy Ann.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Melody, you do some beautiful work! I've seen some of your tye die scarves and other things you've done. Their fabulous. I don't quilt very much, I get about one done every two years lol I doubt I could fit in another trip but that does sound like fun.

Carole are you going to make it to Rita's this year? it would be nice to meet some new folks this year!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Kathy Ann, I am going to try. Melody has been so kind as to offer me a ride with her and if the weather is good and the DH is doing fairly well, I will try my darnedest (sp?) for the Randolph's part of it ... but can't do the other part. I won't know until very close to time so put me down as tentative.

Speaking of quilts, I have this quilted sampler from my great-grandmother that is dated 1906. My usual lousy photography.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I plan to be there both Friday and Sat. Can't wait!!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

What a treasure you have there, Carole! It is lovely and the sentimental value alone is beyond measure. I don't have any quilts from my grandmother but I do have two afghans that she crocheted and I treasure them.

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

I plan to be there Friday and Saturday, also.

Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

May need a Friday list and a Saturday list KA. When it gets closer, I'll check on room rates in the Wolfchase area and get some rooms blocked off for the gang. Sure gonna be loads of fun !

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

That's a beautiful quilt Carole!

I have fixed the list above.

Ripley, MS

Count me in--and Terrye and Cindy too I hope !! I will bet they have not seen this thread yet.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I have an event posted on fb too. so if your on my page, you got the invite. are you guys coming friday too? I knew you hadn't seen the thread yet or you'd be over here lol

Ripley, MS

I will have to see what the other 2 amigos will want to do

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Wow - Melody I love that scarf! About this time last year I discovered some people who paint on silk scarves and they are beautiful....inquired about taking a class from one lady, but it was like 2500 dollars..... That ended that REALLY FAST!! I would love to learn how to paint on them though. Where do you get your blanks?

I have no idea when prom is - have been told it hasn't been scheduled yet, and I don't have any info on track season, but MAYBE i can make it. Not holding my breath though..... it gets hectic that time of year!
Would sure love to eventually make the trip.............

Genna

Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

Carole - you know I am counting on meeting you on this trip !

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Same here. I'm trying hard. ^_^

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

I wanna go!! It's too far out to tell my financial situation and you know me and bad weather, so put me down for a maybe, for Saturday only.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Freeze your credit card in a block of ice before visiting here: http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/7844863-AA.shtml?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=facebook

I am not responsible for any charges incurred!

I use both the acid dyes and the fiber reactive...oh, yeah, the photosensitive paints too...They're keeping my scarves in the Quilt Museum gift shop since they make nice gifts or souvenirs.

Here are some scarves I helped my poor, broke, college kid nephew make for Christmas presents over Thanksgiving. He's no artist and is even color blind...but he did the bulk of the work and I assisted. These are acid dyed.

Thumbnail by melody
Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

ROTFL!! I have a blow dryer handy for just such emergencies with frozen cards. ;-)

Very nice!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Those are really pretty..... my son just finished up college (and is waiting on word on admission to med school for next August) so I understand the no money concept! He would love something like this because he is pretty artistic. I remember that what I checked into before involved steam setting the dyes....that was the part I was concerned about. Wasn't sure I could figure out that part...... do the dyes you use have to be steam set??

Sorry, didn't mean to hog this thread with foreign subject..... maybe I should just dmail you......

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I'll start a new thread and well continue the conversation there...we've kind of hijacked this one...my apologies as well.

Those wanting to talk about scarves and fabric dyes, join us here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1146899/

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Nonsense, we have 4 months, till the due date, we have to talk about something here lol

nobody's hyjacking this thread, any conversation is welcome here.

btw this is my stepson's girlfriend Laura, who is now 4 months pregnant, so far the baby is due May 26th but that's tentative. no sex yet on the baby, next month.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Laura is cute!! She has a sweet smile!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

She is a sweet person.

Booneville, MS

I just found this thread but I'll be there for sure! Can't miss a trip to Rita's.

Terrye

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Hey , I'm coming Friday too . If I don't I will miss out and get left behind again this year like I did last year .... I don't want to repeat that again !!! LOL
I missed out on the trip to homestead last year ... Had only been there once before and I have been dying to go back since year before last. Ritas is still the best , though ... Of course !!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Happy new year Everybody!! This is goiing to be a great year! I can feel it in my bones. or is it arthuritis lol

I'll write you two down

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Happy New Year!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYBODY!!

Lovely scarves that your nephew made, Melody, even if he was a broke, color-blind college kid! LOL

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Marks, MS(Zone 7b)

Im gonna say I might try to make it to memphis. Where is Ritas? I know its in Tn...is it very far from memphis?

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Rita's is in Jackson, Tenn not sure how far that is.

Marks, MS(Zone 7b)

Ill have to look it up...thanks

Marks, MS(Zone 7b)

I just looked it up, and jackson is twice as far from me as memphis, so, I probably will not attend that, but, like I said before, would really like to try to make memphis 8-)

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

We would love to have you. I usually travel in short legs, staying in north Ms. one night , Memphis one night, travel to Jackson back to North Miss stay the night then back down to La.

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

It is an hour and a half from Memphis to Jackson, TN

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.