Angel Song

Richmond, TX

Are you back from the hospital yet? Do let us know how you are doing.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

She is home!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

She finds that she needs to sleep in the recliner for now.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Oops... here I am!
I move with the speed of rushing turtles! =)
the meds slow my heart rate, lower my BP, and my energy. I got a good nap this afternoon, and felt good for a while.

My BF is running himself ragged, insisting on getting things done himself. He's got to let others help, and I can't seem to convince him. Similarly, someone from church called this morning, but said help won't be around until Thursday. Nobody seems to understand I am here now, and there's more to get done than will be later in the week. *sigh*

Horses and other four legged kids are doing well...

Thanks for asking, ladies! I appreciate it!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Hope things even out soon. I know what it is like to carry the work load. If there is somebody to help I hope BF will accept it. I know it is worrying to you.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Well, at least he is willing to help and able to also. Not every guy can do stuff like that. I agree with whoever posted it in the other thread; he's a keeper!! :~)

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

You are right Pep. It's good he is capable and not just eye candy. LOL

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

*giggle* not just eye candy.. he's fixing a light, singing away in the other room... :)

breakfast is finished, I am fixing some more coffee. Slept better last night. Today, I will wash two small loads, get a good shower (with the new nozzle!), and watch another movie. Probably get a good nap, too.

I think I will go with BF to praise band practice, and get a walk down the road for exercise today. No choir, tho, I don't think I can hang on for that long an evening.

We have plans to get porch step railings in. Just need to make a call. All paid for, free to me. Praise God for small blessings. =)

You all have a good morning! Thanks jumper for posting when I don't, and for filling in the details that make it to FB and not here.

J

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Your welcome Jen. Get better soon.

Perth,, ON(Zone 5a)

getting late to the thread,

wanted to send you healing vibes, hugs and thought!

Take care of yourself.

South Hamilton, MA

Best wishes Angel Song. My computer has been down since before Christmas & back today. Jumper 2 has kept me abreast of your progress.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Latest..
heart med is kicking my tail... super tired, low bp, dizzy spells, forgetfulness.. the med is supposed to lower BP, help heart work less, heal more.. but it's working a little too well.

Reported to the dr. Now I am monitoring BP twice a day, and adjusting med by how low it is..

Not allowed back at work until it's under better control. I am learning lots of patience.. blech! =)

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Enjoy your time off. They will work you like a rented mule when you go back. :)

Perth,, ON(Zone 5a)

lol, patience will serve you well.

take care, grasshopper!

They definitely will work you like a mule when you get back!! Just take it easy and don't rush things!!

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

I can get the top # up from 100 to 117 or so... but I cannot get the bottom number above 66. It's been that high, but as low as 58. I have been taking half the original dose since calling the doctor Monday.

Going back for a follow up appointment tomorrow morning. I will be reporting the occasional tightness and cramps in my chest. Also the general tiredness, occasional dizzies, and still sometimes mental foggies. Honestly, I used to be able to juggle three or four trains of thought at once. With the meds, I cannot handle more than one thing at a time. Like right now, I have the tv on. I am having to totally focus on typing, or I keep using the wrong words.

From working full time, and riding daily, two a day most weekends, to this?! Going crazy!!!

That's what’s new with me! :-)

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Sure hope the Doc can get it evened out for you. That's what my BP runs normaly but I know it must feel like dragging for you if it's lower than your norm. I can imagine you must be getting antsy.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Bottom # is on the rise, and I have been feeling a little better. At the dr today, he said the leaky loose mitriol valve sounds better. That means the kick probably damaged it, and it's healing. Praise God for the little things.

Doctor wants me to have a stress test on the treadmill next Friday. Easy does it until then.

I am missing the longing, the grooming, and the rides. Pfft! Honestly, it stinks to go from so active to super stationary..

Richmond, TX

I'm sure! But a good precaution for certain.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Knowing the valve is sounding better tells me the rest is good for me. Otherwise, I would be highly annoyed to be at home another week.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Are they giving you trouble from work about being out? I sure hope not. You need to be able to relax and heal. How is DBF holding up?

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

No... no trouble at work.. would you believe.. I asked them to give me internet access from home, and my work laptop, and they said no. First, dr hasn't released me to do stuff, and second, I would need to buy my own internet. Oh well.. I just wanted to catch up on work email.. boogers.

DBF is better. He looks like he hasn't been sleeping, I suspect worrying.. I hope today's report gives him some peace. He is supposed to start working next week again... I pray we find some folks to help around the house next week so I won't be alone, and he won't worry..

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I will be praying you find the right person for the job.

Medina, OH

Jennifer, as frustrating and I am sure frightening this must be, please remember that the doctors (should) know a whole lot more
about your situation, and if work is unwilling to set you up at home, so be it. Get the rest you need and please follow doctors'
orders.

Medina, OH

Need an Angel Song update. Hope all is going well. S.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Leaky valve is healing, on meds for another 8 weeks. Not sure when she can go back to work.

Medina, OH

Thanks, j2.

Glad she is getting better!

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Awe geez folks... sorry I went MIA. Jumper saves the day again...

Dr last Thurs, cardio, says another week home, stress test Friday. If I pass, I can get back into the world.. work, driving, provided I can move around without the narcotic pain killers.

Admitting Doc yesterday agreed, and Rx'd some milder pain med, and a muscle relaxer to help healing .. and keeping me still. Took muscle relaxer last night, and slept great.. =)

Horses here are good. I took a good look at Harley last night, he's muscling some just grazing plus good groceries. Love it... wish they were both getting exercise... oh well...

Thanks for asking for the updates. I appreciate ya'lls cyber luvins...

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Glad you are progressing. Little steps are still steps.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

AngelSong's stress test is tomorrow morning. She's crossing her fingers.

Richmond, TX

Best of luck!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I hope she studied. :)

South Hamilton, MA

No way to study stress. It's just there not matter 'official' or not. Sitting around when you would rather be active is stress enough.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

98/62 resting
138/56 active at highest setting

I am cleared to return to work. Back to life and the horses.

=) easy does it until I am off the pain meds.. which will be soon, I think.

Richmond, TX

Woohoo!

South Hamilton, MA

& many whinneys of joy.

Alright!! Don't overdo it coming out of the gate there. Start slow and work your way back to normal.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

You DID study! LOL Glad for the great news.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Got to longe Harley a bit yesterday. He was pretty full of himself, bucked twice and pulled the line clean out of my hands. Caught him, and made him settle, not allowing above walk until he was paying attention. He relaxed, and I let him trot a while to. Miss that trot... he floats...

So, I can groom, polo wrap legs, and longe. No saddling yet... and I won't be out of the western seat anytime soon.

It's going to take longer than I thought to get back to 100%. But I promised myself I will move everyday, even if it's just walking the dogs... I can't get better if I don't push a little...

Everybody have a good day!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images