Poppies

Kerrville, TX(Zone 8a)

Am interested in growing poppies in Zone 9 and would like any recommendations that would grow well in this area.
Thank you

Winnetka, CA

flowerette.... I live in southern California and grew breadseed poppies last year. Our climate is very similar... I think you would have good success with them. I have some seeds if you'd like... I'd be happy to share. Nancy

Thumbnail by NF2932
Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

I would think that California poppies would also do just fine.

Kerrville, TX(Zone 8a)

NF2932,
It has taken me a while to get back to the thread. I would love to have some of your seeds. I will be glad to send you a self-addressed, stamped envelope or whatever procedure is needed, if you would give me address, etc. That is a gorgeous one above. If you no longer have the seeds, I understand.
Thank you so much.

Winnetka, CA

flowerette..... send me a D-mail with your address and I will send them off to you... I still have some seeds and am happy to share... they really were lovely and brought me much joy this past spring.... it was the first time I had grown them and they brightened up the whole garden! I found this poppy on a gardening website and plan to order some seeds ... you may like it too... its called "Bombast Rose".... if you like the smaller California poppies I can send you some of those also... let me know when you D-mail..... talk to you soon... Nancy

Thumbnail by NF2932

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images