Mid-South Gardeners Members List ( Page # 2)

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

Hello folks , this is where we came from :

Old thread
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1106974/#new

there are some good folks listed there so if you need to know who is in your area take a trip back in time and you can see who they are . there is 200 post there. Enjoy.

Sarge

Thumbnail by Ret_Sgt_Yates
Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

Greetings Silk ,

Welcome to the Mid South Gardening Forum. The thread had sort of died out and I was new back over a year ago or so and there was not a thread where I could really see who was in my area or where I even belonged and that bothered me. Therefore, I revived this one. It is nice to have you here and for others to see just who is in their area as they too can make friends much easier.

Hello Jeri,

Havenít seen you in a bit good to see you . how is things down your way ? are things getting back to normal after all the bad weather you have had your way?

Cindy,

Yes, it was a bit of scare, we had the DG, and several other of our other on line Family/friendly Communities posting and looking for Savannah. It only took 36 hours to recover her, although for me it seemed like a lifetime as with any parent your mind goís into panic mode and thinks about what is or could happen. Thankfully the good Lord was with Savannah and us through the entire thing and brought her home safely.

Sarge

This message was edited Mar 9, 2011 8:38 AM

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

Greeting Folks,

I hope Everyone will soon find their way here and enjoys the new thread it should load much faster and not bog down for a while . I do forget that some are running on older systems . I too have had to use my older system in the past few weeks and it reminded me to update threads for better abilities of others .

Sarge

Thumbnail by Ret_Sgt_Yates
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Just marking my spot so I don't loose this thread.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Things are improving!!! LOL!!! The normal stuff like one week of stomach virus, got my niece, Mary out of the wound care clinic and even spent one glorious day in my yard. Of course, it was spent pulling weeds but it was exciting to feel the soil and the sunshine.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Me too Jeri yanking weeds so I can tell where the lawn stops and the beds begin. Due to aches I can't pull as much as my eyes dictate. Today was beautiful and I did make things look a little better. There is still more flood damage to clean out but it will have to wait on my body as most things do around here LOL. It's funny though 6 hrs outside you are tired but a good tired. It just feel so good to be outside.

Thumbnail by Riverland
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Know what you mean Cindy! I spent the afternoon out trying to clean up leaves and pine needles in the back. No way I can get it all, but I need to get a lot of stuff uncovered and certainly all the walkways!! It was so much fun seeing all the stuff peaking little heads out!! The hostas I dug for you last fall are doing great! I just laid them on the ground in the compost area and they are sticking up several inches now.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I got the bed next to the fence in the back behind the pond cleared out. It took 2 days and many aches and pains for this old body!!!! I didn't over do it. I was cutting just the ginger yesterday but what a mess and I had a pile higher than the compost pile!!!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

All this spring clean up is not the fun part!!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Yes but you should have seen the smile on my face when it was done and I wasn't moving!!!! LOL!!!! With ANY movement I hurt so bad the smile disappears!!!!

Now 4 beds are completed and 6 more to go. THEN the front.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Agreed! I'm still working on pine needles! I have a big area on the walkway to the back gate still covered in pine needles! I've been pulling some ivy also! I could pull every day and still not get it all. But I have have several spots I just don't want it to get out of control and choke my stuff out. This is the time of year to do it - before the snakes get out and before everything grows up and you can't see the ivy!!! To think I actually planted a few sprigs from my neighbors yard over 25 years ago. Little did I know that it was going to completely overtake me!!!!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I've already seen the water moccasin in the pond twice but we have been warmer than Yall too!!! Believe me I had my eyes open while I was in the pond Sat.

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

We are still swimming with the Ducks here in Tennessee as it is more like April weather then it is March we have had more rain in the first 2 weeks then we did all last year. as it stands right now it is at 13 inches already. and still climbing.

Sarge

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

The area around me had been flooded but all that has drained away and now all that is left is getting rid of that river silt!!! YUCK!!!!! I'm so glad that I am high and dry where I live. Just getting things cut back is more than I can handle right now.

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi Sarge I am Betty. I lived in Sparta TN from Dec 2005 until Sept 2010.

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

Hello Betty,

it would seem we should know each other then as sparta is such a small town . I'll D-Mail you and see if we can touch base and see . Sarge

Cary, NC

Hello everyone. I am Andy. I'm new to the forums and the mid-south. We'll be moving to Cary NC in about a month's time and I will need to learn how to garden in zone 7. Furthest south I've ever gardened was 5a, so I'll have some things to learn.

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

Andy,

Welcome the Southern Zone. you will find it interesting for gardening as the days are a bit unusual however there are plenty of good folks that will help you out just let us know what you are in need of .

Sarge

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Hi Andy, you will find lots of info around here ;o) Welcome to the South and to Dave's Garden!

Hammond, LA

Hi everyone! I'm a return DG'er. I was very active on the site and in my garden back in 2007 and then had a series of unfortunate illnesses strike me and my husband but thankfully all is well now. I live in southeast Louisiana (zone 8) and I'm trying to reclaim and tame my large yard that has been neglected for the last 4 years. In addition to the yard, DH and I also share 1/2 of a nice sized vegetable garden with my MIL and FIL who live on the same property. We are having a blast rediscovering the joys of gardening and we're also experiencing the woes of clearing out encroaching brush! So glad to be back!

DeAnne

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Glad to have you back DeAnne and glad to hear things are better for you!!!

Crossville, TN

Welcome home, DeAnn....Jo

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Hi DeAnne!!! I am glad that your health has improved and you are back!!!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Hello, Sarge
I am a proud military MIL. I am upper south but I guess KY will be close enough.
I have been a member since 03 I believe. I collect hosta, iris and daylilies, but I grow a mixture of lots of annuals and perennials. I also hybridize some of my newer dls. Gotta little carried away there. Up to around 300!
I have been to the KY RUs and enjoy meeting DGers in person too. Plants swaps are aways fun, plus good food.

Teresa in southcentral KY across the TN border

Hammond, LA

Thanks all for the warm welcoming messages and it's nice to meet you all. I've been reading this forum and you are all a wonderful group but then again, I never expect anything less from southerners. :)

Welcome Teresa! Sounds like you are a very active gardener! I bet your place is beautiful.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi, DeAnne
Well, we try to remember our manners :) I love the south and when you travel you find that other places just aren't the same.
I do enjoy traveling but also coming home.

You might say that I am multifloral. I try to grow a variety of plants.

Teresa

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Hi Teresa, bet your gardens are getting ready to burst into color. My daylilies have started but these cool nights have caused some deformed blooms.

Welcome back DeAnne I hope to get to know you. Don't just read the threads jump right in there with us. Always good to have a new face in our crowd.
Cindy

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi, Cindy
I only have 2 with scapes. It has been a cold Spring. The iris are putting on a show for me now! Love, love 2 new ones
Explicit and Decadance.
I can hardly wait until dl bloomtime. I am in Lexington this morning. We are going to Bluegrass Hosta Farm and I went to the Daylily meeting last night in town. Won 3 new dls at the club auction. Like I need more lol. That should push me over the 300 mark.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.