Afew Crocus opened today and thats it

North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

I have my first blooms of the year today, which is two crocus flowers open with more should be open by tomorrow. Other crocus in my yard aren't even haveing the flower spikes yet.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I have a few crocus blooming (posted pic on Blooms 2011 in the bulb forum). Finally my iris reticulata "George" bloomed out (pic also posted in the same thread). This morning I noticed a few new crocus that I planted last fall were blooming. Little white with purple on the outside petal.

I really need to add more crocus. I haven't added any for years. I bought lots of bulbs (tulips, daffs and Dutch Iris) last fall but not crocus. I really wanted to add more crocus but by the time I ordered all those others, I knew I couldn't get any more done. I would like to try iris reticulata also. I have never had those. well, maybe this fall.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I really like the little iris.....they bloom with the snow crocus. I have some other bulbs that will be blooming within the next week.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

My crocus pics so far this season.......

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

white snow crocus............

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

found these today.....I'll have to look back and see the name. Just planted these last fall in several places. They have a dark purple spot on the outside petal close to the bottom of the petal.

These are "Prince Claus" according to my order. I'll have to try to get a picture of the outside bloom......tomorrow.

This message was edited Mar 17, 2011 7:10 PM

This message was edited Mar 18, 2011 8:18 AM

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

the Iris Reticulata "George"

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

This is dark purple rather than blue like it looks.......

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

The yellow one. I have more that I planted last fall that are just coming up........can't wait to see what they are!

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

Irisluvur, those irises are adorable, what are the names of the last 2 pictures? Newyorkrita, I'm glad you finally have something blooming, after all that hard work planting in the fall. I know it's hard to waiting to see your Spring blooms. I've got more bulbs blooming this week, but I've been getting home so late from work I can't even enjoy them.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

The yellow one is Iris Reticulata 'Danfordiae'. I'm still looking for the other one.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I believe the purple one is 'Harmony'.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

More crocus are blooming today! Yeah!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

a yellow one....came from my mom's so I don't have a clue what it is named.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

This is the outside petals of the Prince Claus posted above. I really like this one......it's a new one planted last fall.

Sorry I hijacked your thread Rita! It's just so nice to see some blooms after all the snow and cold weather! I hope these pics spread a little joy to others still waiting for spring!

More Crocus opened today.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

YEAH!!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Lots more open today. So far the crocus show includes. Have some reticulated iris up, my fav. Patti

Crocus sieberi subsp. sublimis Tricolor
Crocus tommasinianus
Crocus chrysanthus Ard Schenk
Crocus chrysanthus Cream Beauty
Crocus versicolor Picturatus
Crocus vernus Pickwick
Crocus chrysanthus Cream Beauty l
Crocus chrysanthus Goldilocks
Crocus tommasinianus Ruby Giant
Crocus vernus Negro Boy
Crocus chrysanthus var. Zwanenburg Bronze
Crocus chrysanthus Ladykiller
Crocus etruscus Zwanenburg

All the crocus and the Iris Reticulata are very pretty. Patti, that is some list of your crocus varities. I usually get mixes as I could never mark them after planting anyway. This fall I really do want to get more crocus in here as I haven't added any in years.

crosus blooming today

Thumbnail by newyorkrita

more crocus

Thumbnail by newyorkrita

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images