DG Names, real names 3

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

came from here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/860641/

Member list - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1169768/

feel free to introduce yourself, say hello, and if you want me to add you to our birthday list feel free to add that as well

This message was edited Apr 11, 2011 5:18 AM

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Thanks!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

my pleasure!!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Hi Pam! My in-laws have a place in Water Mill...

So pretty there...and warmer! What a difference in zones! I still have snow on the coolest parts of the garden. In one area a drift is still a foot high. I put frost blanket over hoops on my new raised veggie beds, hope it makes a difference.

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Thankyou to whoever

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

hello there BB

Hi onewish1. Was it you??

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

not sure what you mean.. so I guess not

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Birdie Blue, did someone buy you a subscription to DG? Because an anonymous person also purchased my sub. this year. I am also grateful. : )

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Hello BirdieBlue, welcome...and nope it wans't me. LOL
Hi Harper!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

If it was something nice, I'll take credit! Welcome birdie. ^_^

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Hi Celeste!

LOL, I received a lovely plastic bag keeper with only the real name and address on the envelope and even that was mistakenly thrown away. t seems like is was a state west of KY So, if anyone knows of a seamstress member who does this type of handy, surprise gifting...Please let her know or me know how to get in touch...well i guess she already knows how,...duh!!

Sheri ^_^ BirdieBlue

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

that's nice.. hope you find who it is

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

How nice Sheri! There are a great bunch of generous people here on DG, I now try to practice that trait. I'm not as cleaver with the sewing maching but I buy at least one subscription a year for someone I know here on DG if they need it and one person I don't know. Harper it wasn't me who did your this year though...someone else beat me to it . I have done my "stranger" for the year though ^_^

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Sheri, Maybe Buttoneer?

Plympton, MA(Zone 6a)

Would you mind adding me to the list?

My real name is Heather and my birthday is July 4th :)

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

you got it!!!

East Bridgewater, MA

July 4th, what a great day for a birthday !!!

(I'm sure you are acquainted with George M. Cohan, and the "Yankee Doodle" song!)

Plympton, MA(Zone 6a)

Yup a parade and fireworks, just for me, lol.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

sure!!!!

Thumbnail by onewish1
Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Hi Heather. I'm Harper.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi. Yep I'm new to this forum and pretty new to DG. My name is Rosemary (no surprise) and my DOB is 4-29. I am realizing how many regional concerns there are in gardening, so I look forward to our corrspondence.

East Bridgewater, MA

Hi, Rosemary !

I'm also Zone 6A, so we probably have nearly the same bloom schedules on our shrubs, bulbs, ornamental trees, etc.

This is a great time of year, and the "Plant Files" section on this site is extremely helpful.

Enjoy !!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hello & welcome Rosemary!!.. will get you added in!!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Happy Belated Birthday btw!!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks to all for the welcome. I am planting up a storm in anticipation of high school graduation in a year. My favorite plants are peonies, magnolias, rhodies, dogwoods, and wild geraniums, but I've seldom met a garden plant I didn't like.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Welcome, Rosemary!

Hi Rosemary, welcome! I grew up in Lexington but left for NY years ago. Beautiful town.

I'm fairly new here too, and have already learned a ton. The information available on these forums seems unlimited. If you can't find whatever you want to know, just ask-- lots of helpful people are happy to share their knowledge. Enjoy- and happy digging!

Pam

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Rosemary, Welcome!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Welcome, Rosemary!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Welcome to the greatest forum on the greatest website, Rosemary!

Harper

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks again to all for the great welcome. I saw Harper's nice family pics at the wedding, so I think I'm starting to get to know some of you already.

South Hamilton, MA

Hi Rosemary. DH and I were down your way. on Monday. Iris tour at Joe Pye Weeds garden. It is about a 45 min drive from Hamilton when 128 isn't a mess. Lucy

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Lucy, I don't know the place yet, but it sounds great already. I am yearning for the time to visit some gardens, and to personally share with other gardeners. Until then, I get to enjoy the beauty of nature in cyberspace. I bet you must be familiar with when the blooms are at the historical public gardens in the north shore, too. Although I love all the plants, and iris is very high on my list too, I have so much of an obsession for the heirloom peonies that I can't decide which ones to plant for myself--and I do keep a DG journal of some popular ones. Here's my best iris, Presby's crown jewel. I guess now that I've introduced myself, I'll move to the other threads and certainly D-mail.

Thumbnail by RosemaryK
South Hamilton, MA

It is a private garden but you can walk around on designated days.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Now I'm really curious about where it is. How do I look it up?

South Hamilton, MA

They have a web site www.jpwflowers.com. It is run by 2 very busy people which is why it is open on designated days. You might be interested in the Iris Society of Mass see www.massirises.org.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks. I could become an iris enthusiast.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.