NEW Christmas /or WINTER theme block swap PART 2

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

Betty....... been there. I have a few fabrics that I hate to use cause I hate to see go. Gotta remind myself that there will ALWAYS be fabrics that I find special.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Psychw2. I'm sure she was extremely proud of your accomplishments..sounds as though you are in for a very busy weekend! I'm still trying to decide if I'm up tp cooking Easter dinner Sunday..better make up my mind shortly..

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

"A mother is ONLY as happy as her Unhappiest child" A perfect statement.............

Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

Thank you for all your warm wishes. My son, who is not divorced yet but should have been 10 years ago, brought his new girlfriend to Easter dinner yesterday. While this was a bit unusually, it was so nice to see him happy and laughing with this woman. They were very affectionate (not all over each other but joking and holding hands stuff) and that had DEFINITELY not been the case with his wife since the beginning. We have all said that John was so much more relaxed and happy when his wife was not at our events.

It's such a shame. I really like his wife and she and I were close in the beginning. They have the same view of what they want from life, love kids, have the same hobbies...on paper they are perfect for each other. But she has had a touch time with her dad and brothers and really hates men. She just doesn't trust them and has never given John a chance. How I wish she could have had some therapy and gotten over this problem. Sometimes we just can't help those we love!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Glad you enjoyed your day with John and his friends Janice..let's hope life improves for him and that his wife does get the help she needs..

well, quite proud of myself, got 6 blocks done on the weekend, they are looking good, then this morning was up early and have the 7th cut out and ready to sew tonight..with the one I've already sent out figure I'm on the downslide now..

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Janince your block came today. It is truly "different" than I pictured for a winter block but I LOVE IT!!!! I'll try to get a picture of it in the morning - no camera right now. It is going to make a statement - that's for sure!!!!

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

Received my block today, Thank you so much, It fits right into the mix.

It sound as if your son is on the right road. Good for them.

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

I also received a block from Janice today. VERY cute. Thank you so much.

Thumbnail by FLStu
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

And....my block from Janice..Thank you dear friend.

Thumbnail by siliolegma
(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

I got my block today from Janice too!!!! snowman ^_^
looks like Stu's, just all red fabric, not the dark blue in his
If my brain works, and I remember..I will get a photo tomorrow..

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I got my block from Janice, too. It arrived in yesterday's mail. So pretty.

Thumbnail by mittsy

I do love those fabrics.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Love the blocks..should be done on the weekend, am doing a trip to Nashville/Memphis on May 19th so will post all from your side of the border..must ask, would black/gold fit it to any of your designs? Made a lovely block but only see one posting of black (wants) but it was with pink...this one has green/red mixed in???? any takers???

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Black/gold would be fine with me Betty. Sounds pretty!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Then I'll put your name on it LindaKay

^_^ Thanks Betty.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Here is the block I got from Janice.... I really love it...

Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr

Janice, you do have some of the most unusual fabrics. They are so loverly.

Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

I have been blessed with a wonderful quilt shop in Michigan which I miss like crazy! I do get back enough to check them out fro time to time.

Barb I am so glad you like the block. I was so worried. I loved the fabric and the combination of colors but it was so different I wasn't sure it would go with the rest of the blocks you get. Remember, if it doesn't fit I have others to choose from.

Thanks, Stu...that cost me. LOL

Victoria Harbour, ON

Isn't this pattern gorgeous

http://www.e-patternscentral.com/images/products/super_closeups/8401_1.jpg

Oh Betty, you find some of the prettiest patterns!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Don't know what I subscribed to on my ipad LindaKay, think Kyle downloaded it for me...almost everyday they are sending me e-mails and doubt I've received one that I wouldn't mind doing..

Lexington Park, MD

That is a very nice pattern Looks like only 3 or maybe 4 colors.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Janice, I stopped at the post office and brought home your beautiful block! R/W/B in Christmas! How fun! Thanks, if you have a picture of it, would you post it? I'd like everybody to see the beautiful coordination of the block pattern.

psychw2 I sent your block out last week. Should be there by now.

Addys I will need for this swap: Mittsy, need yours up-north. Psychw2, Pat I don't think I have the right one for you. Bettypauze, Jumper, Syrumani, and Housse, I need all of yours please.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Mine is in the address exchange...

Sorry I cannot access the exchange.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Just sent you a 'd-mail with address'..

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lovely out yesterday, spent the day in the gardens...not that I love this time of year but sure do enjoy once all the pretties come!!! Paths/hidden garden/pond, my little haven..managed to get 8 Emerald Cedars planted and plum wore myself out so thought I'd treat myself to steak..while at the grocery store I stopped into the post office....as I opened the box and saw 2 envelopes you should have seen me smile...

Of course once I got home the oooh's and ahhh's that went with the smile was something to behold..

1st package I opened was from FlStu..it had been travelling or rather sitting in customs for quite some time..now it's with me to be cherished into a project (not yet decided upon) lol

I'm thrilled to show you my block...

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

And the 2nd, an evelope from Janice...matches many of the blocks from last years's Christmas block swap..

Aren't you just thrilled when you get an envelope and you know it's a block made especially for you...???

Janice, thank you kindly, will have to get last years' blocks out and see what I can come up with i.e. pattern..sure wish they had Christmas/winter fabric out now...

Well, seeing as it's raining this afternoon and I've had my mid-day nap, I'm back to making the last of my blocks..drats, better pay attention to what's cooking upstairs before I burn yet another Sunday din/din...

DO LOVE my blocks girls, now that's 3 I've received..

1. Helenethequeen
2. FlStu
3. Janice

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Beautiful blocks Betty. Nice work, girls and guys!

I uhhh and ahh too - beautiful

I just want to varify - I have mailed out 15 blocks - I know 13 received my blocks

2 have not acknowledged : and Psychw2 and LadybugNH - if you don't like the bloacks I can revise and send another. Helene

Pat you don't post pictures?????

I don't think she has a camera?

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Helene, I am a Techno-zero and if any pictures get downloaded and then Uploaded somewhere it's because my husband did it. I don't think I have received any blocks that have not been acknowledged. I checked my sewing room and I don't see one that is NOT accounted for. Did you mail it to my PO box as listed in the address exchange? My sewing room is in complete disarray right now, I have tomorrow off and I'll be cleaning and preparing to sew again. If I have a block "hidden" in there, I will certainly unbury it tomorrow.

Do you have a picture of it? I'll see if I mislabeled a block. I'm so sorry.

If I have been in a swap with you before, do NOT use my old address. Use the P O box listed in Othello that is in the address exchange. If you don't have access to the address exchange please let me know.

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

Here's another angle for Betty's block. The two dove pieces were sitting out on my table with others and happened to be positioned this way. I liked it and filled in the blanks.

Thumbnail by FLStu
Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

Cheryl and Gloria also had already received their blocks.

Cheryl's is a mirror of Helene's.

For Gloria's, I made pinwheels using the red with conifer-like leaves that I used in Betty's (the colors reminds me of a warm flannel shirt) and the two snow covered pine fabrics that I used in Nicole's block. Sorry, didn't take a picture of this one before it went out.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.