Our 19th Annual Photo Contest is now open for entries. You can submit your best images HERE

NEW Christmas /or WINTER theme block swap PART 2

Victoria Harbour, ON

Best I make a pillow top for my block so I can turn it on all different angles..it is indeed lovely!

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Janice I got your block a few days ago, and forgot to post that I recieved it.
Thanks so much for a beautiful block!

Thumbnail by taters55
Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

I got a block from Janice today. It's lovely!

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I've been hurrying to finish up a few blocks I started before my machine died. Now that I have it back I'm playing catch up. Here's two that will go in the mail today. Merry Christmas, red.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Merry Christmas, green

Thumbnail by mittsy

According to my records that leaves two more, one is finished the other I'll get fabric together and work on when I am back in NY. I did send one to Laura, but I don't have it checked as received. She wanted scrappy.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Those are very pretty Mittsy, I have mine all done, sending in about a week so you will be back north by then.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Oops almost forgot, I still need one more address. Syrumani/Nicole. Could I have yours, please? Or if anyone has her address.

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

sending you a d-mail Karen

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

LOL Thanks all. I guess everyone had the address but me.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Ya still need it Karen? I'll send it to you too!! LOL

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Janice - I got your block out of the mailbox today - and as soon as I find my camera, I'll take a pic of it! Thank you, it's beautiful!
Nichole

Does anyone still need my address?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Can't wait to mail mine out on the 19th...everyone certainly have put their all into it!

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I've located fabric and NOT sewn one stitch

Lexington Park, MD

I received it Mittsy on April 13 and posted a pic.

same here Doc!!

finished the quilt for my sailor boy!!! tho.... now I can get caught up on the swap blocks....as soon as I am done "freaking out" that he is leaving Monday morning!!!

I received a lovely little package in the mail from Mittsy, I will post a few photos , in a few days...just too tired now to try to take a decent shot....got beautiful block with snow couple on it ^_^ , and some 9 patches for that swap.....thanks much Mittsy.

And I got a big bag of scraps, and a hug from Mittsy on Monday Morning ^_^ , she popped in on her way to Kentucky.....we only had a few minutes as she needed to be on her way, and we needed to get breakfast done and get Kyle to the recruiting station....but it was a very nice few minutes!!!! more thanks to ya Mittsy.. some of those scraps will go into my charm quilt, and the rest will go into quilts for charity.

I got two blocks yesterday,one from Janice, and one from Mittsy.
Thuis one is from Mittsy! So pretty, and I love the embroidery.

Thumbnail by taters55

And this beauty is from Janice! Love the colors!
Thanks to both of you!

This message was edited May 12, 2011 9:22 AM

Thumbnail by taters55
Victoria Harbour, ON

Very pretty indeed!

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Wow - I feel bad as I haven't started sewing on mine yet. I'm so glad we have until Aug for these. My eyes are really bothering me now and I can't wait for the surgery. Thank heaven for big fonts so I can read what I'm typing!!! I will sew them as soon as I can sew a straight seam that I can see again. Like is really funny sometimes when viewed through a magnifying glass!!!! Better put it down though as dust looks awful!

Victoria Harbour, ON

lol, thanks goodness we don't have that option in a mirror..yikes...talk about lines!

You'll soon have 20/20 vision and wonder why you didn't get it done before..

When is your surgery Barb?

Depending on the surgeon's schedule it will be on June 8 or 22. He only operates twice a month but may do as many as 10 - 12 people each time. He insists on several follow up visits to prevent any problems so keeps his schedule open for those. He also does Lasik surgery on the other two weeks. He is rated the best in NH so I don't mind the wait. I can function pretty well and that's all that matters. I go next week for the surgeon coordinaters visit. to get all the measurements needed for my new lens. Plus I need to have a physical by my Primary care within 30 days of surgery so that is scheduled for the 24th. Sounds like a lot of running but to me it is worth it....

Praying it goes well for you!

Thanks Linda - I'm hoping it's the piece of cake everybody has been telling me!!!!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Had my left eye fixed on Wed. , in today for patch off and follow-up. All is going well. T'was easy Barb..this from the coward of the county.

Karen, Glad to hear your doing well!

Thanks Karen for letting me know this. You do have coward competition!!!! I'm really happy to hear it went well for you and I really am not worried about my surgery. So many of you have told me it is "a piece of cake, a walk in the park, easy as pie"

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

My Doc and the surgery center both knew I was nervous last year for the first one. They were very kind and careful with me. Don't be shy about letting them know your concerns.

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

My late DH would have to have this done this year and also knee replacements. He was sooo scared....never ill and than everything, many friends said all of the above a piece of cake.

I am glad silio " love that ab" karen that you are doing good. Barbara it'll be a piece of cake.....My best to both

Got my surgery date - June 8. Now he is saying he will do the other eye June 22!!!. Now I am nervous......He told me my vision will be as close as he can get it but it will never again be perfect.

You will be seeing clearly in no time!

Victoria Harbour, ON

That's great news Barb..once it's over with you'll wonder why you didn't do it before..

Well I've got quite a few blocks ready to ship tomorrow..anxious to post..

OMG I stopped into the post office this morning on my way to work and what did I find? envelope with a lovely quilt block in it. Thank you Mittsy, love it!

Will take a photo when I'm home tonight..looking goooood!!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Barb He was telling the truth. Your eyes will never be back to "like new". I still need to wear reading glasses. (not prescription though, my doc just told me what # to get at drug store) however, I can read much easier now and I don't need a really bright light like I used to. Also my night vision is better, no more glares. If he gives you a # for reading glasses, get decent ones, the really cheap ones get all foggy just cleaning them because the plastic is so soft. I got 4 pair for around $16 at Sam's club and stash them all over the house. They seem to be a pretty good quality.

Thanks for the info Karen. I appreciate it.......

Victoria Harbour, ON

Now look at this gorgeous block..love it..
Thanks Mittsy

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Barb, you will never see perfectly again but it is SO much better you think you do!! It really is simple and easy, trust me, the world's biggest coward about anything being done to me!! The funniest thing I noticed immediately was the difference in the light bulbs...some are yellow in color and others are a blue white. Never had noticed before the surgery. Get my new glasses on the 1st of June.

Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

Add my to the coward column! Glad to know about the eye surgery as I have always been antsy about anyone touching my eye. Now if you can just give me the same positive feedback about knee surgery. They have given me some shots with gel in them as a temporary measure but sometime this year I must have , first the left and then the right knee replaced and I am really SCARED. Tried to put it off but not it is down to crunch time. I hear mixed reviews about the outcome of this type of surgery.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Sorry can't give any information regarding knee Janice. Just don't wait to late like my Mom did.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.