Only a few more days to enter our 19th Annual Photo Contest. Voting starts this Friday! You can submit your best images HERE

NEW Christmas /or WINTER theme block swap PART 2

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Janice, I had a total knee replacement in 2006. It will not come out perfect, as you will have to be careful about turning quickly, but I highly suggest you have it done!
My daughter in laws Mom had both of hers done the same time! She would not have had it done any other way.
Your roughest time will be the first 2 - 3 weeks, but you will be so glad you had it done.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Mom had hers done about 3 or 4 weeks ago..she dropped in on Saturday and I couldn't believe how well she was walking AND great attitude, guess that came from not being in so much pain...

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

We're both grateful that my husband had his knee done.

Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the encouragement. The shot of Snyevisc they gave me on Monday really cut down on the pain and I still have two more to go. This should get me through my vacation at the beach with the kids in mid-June and then I can think about the surgery.

Now that the Pot Holder swap is winding down does anyone have any ideas for something new? We haven't been without a swap for a long time and it would be fun to see what new things someone can come up with.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

I hope someone comes up with something as I would like to be involved again. Still working on some other swaps but do have more time than I have had in the pat 10 months.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

We could always do another placemat swap. There were so many that didn't do it last time and then said it looked like so much fun. It was!!!! Just need to pick a theme/color or idea and away you go. I'm still using the ones Robin made for me and they are Christmas ones!!!!
I love them that much. Just a thought.

Lexington Park, MD

Sounds like fun.

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

We could do a Halloween themed placemat swap . . . I don't say this because I bought some cute Halloween material . . . oh, no, not at all . . .

OMG Laura I am so sorry. I was thinking of Robin when I wrote about the placemats and mine came from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please forgive my CRS!!!!!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

How about a fall holiday theme? Each person who signs up could decide which holiday they would prefer place mats for.

That sounds good to me - who wants to host it this time? I would but I will be away for a while after my eyes are done and feel like I couldn't keep up.....

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Me, me, me, I would like to host it. That way I can stay in touch and not have to make them for a swap partner. I'm committed to making 640 for Brevard County Meals on Wheels. Had 125 when I left cocoa Beach.

I'll be watching for your thread Mittsy. Thanks!!!!

Link to new place mat thread. Sign up if interested and leave input. I'm sure it will be fun.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1183352/

Victoria Harbour, ON

Knowing how quickly your postal service is, wonder if the envelopes containing blocks have arrived at any of their destination..5 more to go, calling for rain this weekend so perhaps I'll get the last ones done and mailed from my neck of the woods..

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Just got home from post office, all mine are on their way. hope you all like them. Stu, yours is in the box with the horse fabric.

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

:).. thanks. Betty, nothing yet.

I got mine from Betty today and it is stunning. Thank you so much - I really love it. I'll try to get a photo in the morning....

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

I received Karen's beautiful block today with the horse fabric (yardage, not in the block) and some surprises. Thank you SO much. The Block is PERFECT!!!!! Will post a picture in the AM.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

I got Betty's block yesterday. It's great!

This is the wonderful block I got from Betty Thank you so much.

Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr

Barb, that is so pretty!

I got mine also from Betty! Thank you so much for the beautiful block!

Thumbnail by taters55
Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

I got two blocks, and on my birthday no less! Betty as usual you block is lovely. The poinsettia in the middle is beautiful and the edging is a nice touch.

Siliolegma sent me a wonderful mixture of red and greens with lots of holly. It will go well with the others I have. Maybe that will be a summer project; to make the Christmas quilt for my bed? With all the rain we are having we can't do much else.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Drats, don't you all see uneven sewing when you see it from a posted photo..better get my eyes checked, oh wait, think I made those when I was I'll with headaches and high blood pressure over 200 soooo am I excused for sloppy work?

No crooked seems on mine Betty, it is beautiful!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

got a block from Siliolegma today. It is lovely! Now I have to find time to work on mine!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lol Linda Kay, 1st thing Monday morning best you make appt. With eye doctor..love you for saying that, of course gabbing almost daily you know I wasn't well and are closing an eye to the seams..got love a good dg friend!!

(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

I love seeing all the blocks and I can just imagine all of them made into pretty throws in the living room.

But you know what's coolest about this thread? It's the little snippets of news and life happenings and encouragement shared around. You can almost imagine a conversation around the quilt frame in the meeting hall. :)

That's how we want this to be Elizabeth. We are all here to help and encourage each other. Nobody judges unless you are judging your own work. I'm thrilled with every block I receive. I'm happy knowing someone made that for ME. And I try my best to make my blocks as best I can. We all have times when they are not correct but it just doesn't matter!!!! That said, I'm glad that this swap is running a bit into the summer and that blocks aren't due until AUG. I just don't trust these eyes right now.....

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Christmas in May Hurray !!! I got two BEAUTIFUL blocks in the mail today ^_^
one from Betty and one from Karen
I just got home from work...will take some pics in a little bit..............Thanks...

I have not started these yet....still trying to catch up with a few other swaps :(
thank goodness these are not due till August.....

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

This is the block that I got yesterday from Karen (Siliolegma). Love the block. Where can I find the info on the pattern? The colors are great!!!

This message was edited May 28, 2011 4:31 PM

Thumbnail by FLStu

I'll be looking for a coordinated Christmas assortment package from Keepsake. The fabrics I got last year worked out very well with the reds, greens, gold, and plaid. I loved this pattern, Grandmother's Cross.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Wow, look at the pretty blocks! Love the colors and patterns.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Stu I'll look it up when I get back home. Glad you like it

Victoria Harbour, ON

We will have to do a Christmas tour just to see the gorgeous Christmas blankets..

Enjoying the variety in elected patterns.

Had thought I'd get the last 4 blocks done this weekend but had to put my sewing machine away..my B&B has 3 rooms booked all week, needed some defile cleaning in craft room,,,you never know if these 3 construction workers might want to do crafts after their work day. Lol

Just got a call to see if I'd paint 50-75 wine glasses with white & black daisies..add that to the tarp my boss wants for his bow rider boat and organizing mom's 80th birthday being held in my gardens well let's just say I'm sooooo thankful that most are done! Knew I shouldn't wait!

Funny how life changes

Sounds like our going to be busy!

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

WOW BEtty, you will be busy!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thought I might have gotten the afternoon in sewing, but between garden.ing and company day has passed me on..besides purchased a pattern for a specific block and forgot pattern at work..doesn't take much to come up with an excuse right!

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Unless my eyes are not seeing correctly today,,,,,,,I think birthday wishes should be going out to House301. Enjoy.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I think Laura is with family camping in Virginia..am sure she'll read the well wishes when she returns...

Hope your special day Laura was filled with sunshine and pressure..maybe a plant and fabric...lol

This message was edited May 30, 2011 7:18 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.