DAYLILIES & MORE FOR POSTAGE PT 2

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

That is much easier to understand, I was very confused as to what was in a box and how much it was. What are the Perennials?

(Zone 6a)

perennials are plants that return every year like daisy, sedums, ornamental grasses, siberan irises , mums etc.

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

PA-what is the name of that iris? pretty.

Erin

(Zone 6a)

it's a noid. lost tag

I meant what did you have to send...lol

(Zone 6a)

what plants or cost?

What kind do you have to send and the cost? I see you have a mix of perennials and lilies.

(Darla) Dubuque, IA(Zone 5a)

pagardener what perennials are you offering?

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

very nice !

Lake Stevens, WA

Deejay 9
I know you just had snow a few days ago but, do you think the dalilies would come by the end of May? Is this year so crazy that at this point you have no idea? In no hurry but just wanted to be ready. Newbie ??'s
Thanks
Julia

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Well I'm Really Hoping that they well be I will know more MID MAY I Have seen snow THE 10th of may before
BUT I will Sure keep you posted as to how the garden is doing they should be ready for last spring I had boxes
out by 1st week of JUNE . & everyone still have fall blooms on many of them .

Lake Stevens, WA

That would be great.

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

Susie, I just received postage from Carol -lagirl95- so you can mark her as paid. As I told her, now all I need is a couple of days without rain. Friday was the only day that we did not get rain. I'd really like 2 days without rain in a row so that some of the water drains out of the ground, but I'm at the point I'd take just 24 hours without rain. I think we've only had a total of 2 days without rain in the last 7 to 10 days, and those two days were NOT in a row. DH is looking at Ark plans and has started buying wood!

Linda

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

That's too funny, Linda! We've had rains off and on the last two weeks every couple of days, some have been light and others have been very heavy like last week-end, and am really thankful we dodged the tornadoes that hit NC the week-end...they weren't far from us. More rain is predicted tomorrow but aren't supposed to be storms, just April rain. You know what they say about April Showers?

I went through my photos today, silverfluter, and made a list of the Daylilies that match the colors you preferred. Digging two boxes with rains on the way tomorrow, it may be Friday or Saturday before they're ready to mail...I'll keep you posted and D-mail the Delivery Confirmation number to you when they're ready.

Fredericksburg, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Susan. I keep hearing about all this rain and I have to admit I'm jealous. We have a terrible rain shortage down here. Grass fires every where and the deer have been harvesting my asiatic lilies. San Antone is already in water rationing I think. I know too much rain is really bad too, but come on.:(

Same here Linda Last Night was the LOUDEST Of the Thunder & Lightening had to close the curtains &wind was so strong Good thing we have some strong tie downs on the house :) I have not been outside yet to check what has blown over into the neighbors yards yet :)

& Yes you need 2-4 days even to let the Daylilies dry out before you dig or you will find the stems turn to mush.
Roots are fine but the Fans Will be mushy There is No Here to send I Would rather have you Send Dry healthy Plants then for them to arrive Mushy .

I know other states are much warmer & way ahead of us as far as gardening then us here in the north & I want to get out in my garden s also but there is no way I can rush Mother Nature & I Know all of you would love to make sure you get nice healthy plants .

So please do not rush let them dry out good your members will understand. well time to go get daddys BKF
back soon .
susie

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

I received my box from pagardener today and I am so HAPPY.Generous amounts :-)...you all want to know what I got ? can I post that ?

yes you may post what you got & A Picture if you can . woud be nice :)))

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Today is first day I've felt measurable humidity this year and had to wipe sweat. We hit 85 and had a nice breeze, but still...... Sure wish I could send our showers to you, silverfluter, and really hope you're safe and are away from the threat of fires.

SENDING You Some Rain Be happy to share It has been so cloudy wet & cold for the last now sure how long its been since i last saw sunshine but its here today up to 54* possible so i hope to get out of this house & feel some sunshine , back to a cold & wet Holiday weekend .

Happy Gardening to all have a great day

(Zone 6a)

almost 80 yesterday , today is only to hit 59 and cloudy. All the rain missed us yesterday, got some mums and sedums to plant today and dig out some bank plants, then clean carpets and mow lawn again.

Brigette, you are gonna love Lake Effect, it is a late bloomer so you may get to see it this year. It is one of my favorites and should do well for you up there. If you can't find I picture of Rose S dmail me I may have one from last year. I tried to select a good variety.

Thumbnail by pagardener61
Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

Its snowing here today. Yesterday it was 75 and now snow? Crazy weather indeed! Pa- I should have your money soon. I'll let you know when payment is sent. =)

Erin

(Zone 6a)

You have snow? Sun is out here now , gonna have alot of planting to do and yard work.

. Should have my trade box in from Pittsburg today......... oh it is always a treat to get a box from my Pittsburg trading friend. Should run to the greenhouse soon too.

Rescued a pile of daffs last week up, gave half to jen-d , potted them up and some that have buds are open.......... just yellow ones but maybe some others as the bulbs were different on some. Also rescued a giant sword plant.............Yucka? it's 3ft across, big boy............ I have no clue what I am doing with it, it seems quite happy in the bag with the top open. Just don't know if maybe I should take it back up.

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

Ok I REALLY need a box of SDB iris and mini iris--plmk who I need to get with ---pretty please!!
Tommie

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone,
As I told you last evening I rec.my box from Pagardener yesterday afternoon.I was so exited,it is always a surprise.When I came home after doing errands I had a note on my door to pick up a box after 4 pm.....gosh had to wait 3 more hours but it was well worth it.I received 6 varieties.
Here is the 1st picture of : left to right
1.) CALEDONIA - 2 fans - Whatley 1983
2.) BELA LUGOSI - 3 fans - Hansen 1995
3.) LEROY - 3 fans - Kirchhoff 1997

My all time FAVORITE is Bela Lugosi which I had in our old farm.BEAUTIFUL !!

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

Tommie I have a lot of mini iris and sdb's do you want me to send you 3 of them instead of 3 tall bearded? Let me know.

Cathy Brandenburg

Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

Please mark lagirl95 as paid.

Thanks,

Cathy

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Here are the other 3 :
4.) ROSE SPLENDOR
5.) COUNTRY FAIR WINDS - Klehm 1988
6.) LAKE EFFECT - Stamile 1996 ...YES YES YES :-)

As you can see I really will LOVE Lake Effect.Love the purples.
Kathy THANK YOU again for being so generous.I'll prune them a little,soak them in water with a drop of Superthrive and then plant with a little bonemeal.
I'll keep you all posted when I get blooms,
Brigitte

PS:

I used to have so many DL at the farm but when we moved I wanted to have a Rosegarden again so that's what I have been focusing on .Last year I bought many lily bulbs,many to plant ( more today ) ....also we got a new fence so the money was spent on that.
A warning in case anyone moves always ask in writing that you'll be able to come back to get a fan or 2 .....I didn't.Promises from the new owner were not kept

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
(Zone 6a)

Your welcome. You may very well see Lake Effect bloom this late/summer fall. It is one of my favorites of all time and does great here. You are gonna love it! I was gonna send you an entire box of purples...................... but thought you may like some variety. Leroy is killer too, it will get huge so give it room to expand. Country Fair Winds is one I also like alot as do alot of others, I had a few clumps of this last year and gave alot away. You got the last anyone will be getting for a few years. I like the soft color on that one. Happy planting..............

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

Cathy, that would be awesome!! Thanks!!

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Kathy,
I'll take another box if you can send me ONLY PURPLES.LMKP

(Zone 6a)

Will do. I will make up a list and send it to you as I was so afraid you had Bela L, glad you did not anymore.

Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

ok great, I will ship next week, the weather has been raining almost daily here, except for today, but the garden is terribly wet right at the moment.

I will dmail you when I ship your plants.

Thanks,

Cathy

CATHY WHEN YOU SEND THE BOX WILL YOU POST HERE WHO IT IS GOING TO ? so sorry for the caps my key sticks & i don't always look up at what i'm typing :)

Blackshear, GA

Brigitte,
Refering to the moving.....we are in the process of building a house, we bought 100 acres in the country and I am SO looking forward to planting and planting. I have an acre now and lots of things planted on it. MOST of it will be going with me, as some of it is unusual and hard to find. I will be moving some of it in the next month before it gets too hot, but most will have to wait until the fall. I have told my husband that we will put that in the contract and the buyers will be told beforehand, that most plants will be going. I have worked to hard and traveled too many miles for some of these plants (not to mention the investment) so they are going with me!!

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

I received Marie_kap's check today, so she can be marked as paid.

I live about 20 minutes from cbrandenburg and Cathy's right. The ground here is soaked from all the rain. They are predicting rain for the next three days but, hope springs eternal, and I hope they get it wrong. I'd like to have 2 days in a row without rain to let some of the water settle out of the ground before I dig. It would be nice if it would warm up a bit. It was barely 50 today and with the wind, it was downright cold!

Linda

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

I'm so tired of rain I could scream but it is better than the dreaded s*** :) We had 3.75 inches in less than 30 hours a few days ago; at least today was decent outside so I was able to get out and get some things done. Between Friday am and Sat pm we are supposed to get another 2-3 inches with rain/thunderstorms forecast for the next seven days. Ack! Just stop already...we're on flood and flash flood watches/warnings continually. Wish I could send it to everyone in Texas and Oklahoma - believe me, if I could pray it away it would've been there already.

Same Here DI
GA--- A friend of mine here sold her place & had it in the contract about the plants & it dose not hold up on paper so if you want your plants you had best take with you now or you will not get them .

here would be a great was to keep them till your move & allot cheaper . my brother is going up to G R Today
& Picking up some for me 200 . I Hear they are great for moving Plants in & The white ones would be freat for you down there so they won;t burn your plants .
well got to get off here back later today .
susie

http://www.hhydro.com/Sunleaves-Grow-Bag-1-2-Gallon.html

Lake Stevens, WA

I'm thinking I would like another box. Pagardener 61 (Cathy) could I get a box from you?
you have D-mail

Spring Let me know when you work out the details & I will add you to your sponsors list if you decide .
RAINY & Cool great day for DEEP Cleaning ya all have a great day I have cobwebs waiting for me :)))

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.