DAYLILIES & MORE FOR POSTAGE PT 2

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

Susie,

Under Igrowinpa, lagirl - Carol should be marked as paid.

Looks like the forecasters got it right. It's raining AGAIN today. And here I was hoping that they had made a mistake! Silly me - LOL!

If April showers bring May flowers, we should be loaded with flowers next month. I'm looking forward to it.

Linda

I received dardee4 - Darla's check in the mail today for named irises, so you can mark her as paid, Susie.
Thanks,
Linda

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

GOTTCHA LINDA Please DBL Check to be sure i have it right

Looks perfect Susie Thanks!
Linda

Tyler, TX(Zone 8b)

I recieved my box from Kathy (pagardner) yesterday....sorry about the delay in posting but I was busy yesterday planting them and just got off work a few hours ago.

Kathy sent some great varieties all at least dbl fan and even some with up to four fans........

Bayard Lombard
Pittsburg Golden Tri-Angle
Bandit Man
David Kirchoff
...and 3 Spacecoasts ( my super faves!!!!)....Hot Topic, Extreme Fashion, and Pink Lady.

Thank you so much Kathy for such a wonderful box of goodies...you're an awesome sponsor!!!

Chell

(Zone 6a)

please mark
CHELLFLOWER-
ELANTYNE/BRIGITTE ( except all purple box)
as having received their boxes

OK Kathy will do ty & Great Boxes Ladies thank you for posting come on back if you want more from others :))) also

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

deejay9
Please put me down for one more box from Pagardener for all purples.
Thank you .Happy Easter to everyone,
Brigitte

GM BRIGitte i have you marked as an All Purple BOX from kathy .
happy gardening

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I will probably be dividing these this year in fall or next spring, they are going nuts since I fertilized with the Milorganite. In one day they responded. Now I can see ones that were not blooming at all, start to plump up. I got some lavender with yellow ones that are blooming in my wisky barell and they are so cute. The others are all purple I think. I will see.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Irises. My bad.

GM All Yes I Plan to fertilize & Lime my gardens yet Hope today for we have 4 Days of rain moving in this week I I Have more plants to plant today from my friends place . She has 1000's of plants & So many Gardens that her realitor told her that Her gardens would over whelm any New Buyers & SO SHE IS GOING TO TEAR out
many plants to replace with grass> & WE ARE BRINGING ALL HER PLANTS HERE , THEN WHEN SHE IS MOVED INTO HER NEW PLACE SHE bUT I GET TO KEEP MANY OF THEM sorry for the cap my keys sticks
guess i need a new board this key board is only about 3 mo's old so i should just take it back.

well much to read so back later HAPPY EASTER TO ALL
susie

hellnzn11 I forgot to ask if you wanted NO-ID IRISES Or DAYLILIES ???

Muscatine, IA

I'm curious, could someone tell me where you get those plant tags that are shown on the daylily above.

Thank you in advance
MWG

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THESE ?? YOU CAN GET 100 FOR $42. I THINK IT IS

http://everlastlabel.com/

Muscatine, IA

Yes, thank you very much!

Athens, PA

Hellen - what is Milorganite? Some type of fertilizer or soil enrichment?

Susie - I would love to move into a house with that many gardens, providing there was enough room for me to start a couple of my own gardens. The excitment of seeing what is coming up and trying to identify it would totally do it for me - it would be my manna from heaven! I suppose one woman's meat is another woman's poison.

Carolyn this is a ranch style / or tri level with 4-5 bedroom 2 baths ,LR,DR, KITCHEN ,Den , & Garage There are about 22-25 LONG Gardens ,Garden Shed, a Very nice Mulch BEDS, SHE Was on the Garden 's tour last year. New pond with beautiful Waterfalls , I Wish i could move there but i'm getting to old to climb stairs . :)

Very nice neighbor hood . :) if i get some batteries i will take some pictures :)

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

Hi, I use Milorganite too-- it is a mild fertilizer (5-2-0) made from composted sewage sludge. I haven't tried in on my irises--yet, but daylilies LOVE it. It was recommended to me by a daylily grower from Florida. It has an added benefit-- deer HATE it, prefering to munch other stuff if available.

I Just Spread it all over all my Gardens yesterday I see where i do not have IRISH SPRING BAR SOAP Hanging the deer have MUNCHED My DAYLILIES Leaves WHERE I HAVE THE SOAP BARS No muching took place , so i put an extra dose of the MILORGANITE Where there are no soap bars .

Have to go into town for more today & I put it on Both Irises & Daylilies along with other plants .
well hope everyone is in for a great week happy gardening .

Is this getting to long for anyone ???

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Dee I wanted DL unamed. Rabbits avoid the Milorganite too. The human waste I guess. I think it's high ureah content. It is supposedly great for bulbs that don't bloom. I have gophers too, don't think it worked for those so well. Don't remember. The dang 50 lb bag just sits open in my drive way. Can't move it because my shoulder is torn. I feel so old now.

I used a spreader for mine just filled the spreader & walked the gardens spreading it around I Just bought more when i went into town a bit ago so i have more then enough now :)))) :) also got more Irish Spring :)

(Darla) Dubuque, IA(Zone 5a)

Susie I will be getting one box of noid daylilies and irises from pagardener. I dmailed her and am sending postage. I have her name for the birdfeeder swap also. :)

Darla

Lake Stevens, WA

Deejay9
Just to keep things up to date,sent my postage to Pagardener 61 today for named daylilies.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Does Irish Spring work for rabbits, moles, gophers, voles too?
It is an odd fertilizer, do you see where it says put 5 or 6 cups of Milorganite on this or that and then 3 weeks later, add 3 or something obserd for the normal type?

TY DAR & SPRING that dose help alot
HEELN I find that if has worked for me usually i wouldn't get to see my hyachins or tulip but since i have used the soap the last 3yr years i can enjoy them & i saw 2 rabbitts out in the neighbors yard just over the fence while doing dishes last night . i have soap on the fence .
its not a fertilizer but the smell is strong :) rain for the next 3 days . SO Just a good time to get the little things done around the house .

you all have a great week & stay well

Athens, PA

Susie

does the soap last through the rains? I am assuming they are soap shavings?

I put the soap bar in onion bags hang them in post or some i have put into pots in the ground but those don't last long but by hanging them there are still bars hanging in my trees & ON some stakes from last spring .

see these are from last fall when i planted many LILY BULBS in this garden so i put soap bars all around it
so i hope to see my Lilies this spring :) 2yrs ago the rabbits or woodchucks ate the tops of all the plants .so if i can watch them bloom Would be nice & I can tell ya more later :) Family Dollar stores around here have 6 bars for $3.00

it is rainy out there this morning so this picture is not very good

Thumbnail by deejay9
Ocean Springs, MS

Can I get in on this?
I would love a box of lavender/"blue" daylilies, white daylilies, and red daylilies for my RWB garden. Thanks, julie

Sure Julie Just pick who you want to receive from then just contact that Sponsor so just let me know who you want as for a sponsor.

Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

Susie, Please mark Hillbilly_Gran and lagirl95 plants shipped today.

Thanks,

Cathy

I just mark them when they come here to post that they arrived that way they can tell us what they got :)
& Now they will know to l be on the watch thank you . for posting .

Ocean Springs, MS

deejay,
can you send me 4 lavender, 1 red, and 1 white. Names aren't a priority- just color? thanks, julie

Julie I will see what I can do With a Mix for you it is going to be mid may or so before i can share for we are about 3-4 wks later then others but if that is ok With you it is fine with me

This message was edited Apr 26, 2011 11:15 AM

(Zone 6a)

please mark momoftwo
as paid.

This message was edited May 9, 2011 11:18 AM

kathy can i have what your drinking :) SHE BE MARKED :))))

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

Glad you received it alright Kathy. =)

Erin

(Zone 6a)

Oh h-ll, deejay, I am so tired now I am typing funny. oh well.

Ocean Springs, MS

Deejay, mid-may is fine! I will send money after May 1. Thanks so much, julie

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

Susie I haven't forgotten about you. I will send the money for the second box out tomorrow. It's been hectic here but I'll get it out by tomorrow.

THAT IS FINE ROLY not worried .
& Julie i will add you to the list . Storms moving in they are about 20 miles away hail 3/4 in they are saying .
so I'm out of here till it has passed over.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images