DAYLILIES & MORE FOR POSTAGE PT 2

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I will try Irish Spring, my poor dogs are going nuts chasing bunnies in dens, it would be nice if they would move. They don't much like jalapenos blended with murpheys oil soap either. lol

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

soap Bars are cheaper soggy soggy mess here More heavier storms today around west Mich So I Will be
Playing in POTTING Soil today :) Happy Gardening to all .

Enid, OK

Are there any boxes left?? I have cash if there are!

YES ENID Just Pick who you would like to receive from Here are the Sponsors
you can choose as many as you want then just contact your sponsor or sponsors for the details .

DEEJAY9---------UP TO 25 BOXES ----- 5 LEFT Named & 10 LOST TAG ---5 Named Irises
CBANDENBURG-----UP TO 20 BOXES---17 LEFT
IGROWINPA----------20 BOXES------- 18 LEFT
PAGARDENER61----UP TO 19 BOXES------- 10 LEFT
DOROTHIAN------6------
POISENDARTFROG----1---GONE
FRUITOFTHEVINE-------1 GONE
HAPPGARDEN-----2 NO-ID BOXES

(Zone 6a)

Susie
Please mark daiseycat as paid for 2 boxes daylily and iris NO-IDS

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

Susie, sent out these boxes today:
janaestone - Di
dardee4-Darla
lagirl95-Carol
Marie_kap - Marie

Cheermom-Sue, her box will be going out tomorrow.

Linda

OK Linda : I'm Sure they will SQUEAL when they arrived :)))) You have been very busy you must not be getting much rain . our ground here is like a spunge right now . & MORE RAIN ON THE WAY TONIGHT & Tomorrow . THE Clear off on friday :)

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Wow, Linda, that's a lot of work. Same here with the soggy ground, Susie, and more on the way tonight.

Off tomorrow for a long week-end and am shooting to have your two boxes ready to go as soon as I can, silverfluter, hopefully next week and will keep you posted in our D-mails. I have not forgotten you :)

You are so right FOTV -Susan! I haven't divided so many plants in a long time and it's back-breaking. I'm trying to downsize, so some of these are NOT going back into the ground. I hope to find homes for all of them. Thank goodness for ibuprofen!!!!

We have been missing some of the worst storms the last few days. Today we had lots and lots of wind, but very little rain. While things are wet, it's not as bad as it could be. You should see the grass, though. It grows EVERY day and needs cut twice a week.

Linda

Fredericksburg, TX(Zone 8a)

FOTV I can't even imagine trying to dig up that many plants in soggy soil. I would love to have them now, but I understand the problem. Well, sort of. I do remember one time when it rained everyday in July and flooded San Antonio really bad. It's rare that we have that problem.

Linda, Hubby spread two bags of Scott's turf builder last week and know what you mean about watching the grass grow. You must have been exhausted after getting that many boxes out! I've planted some of the D/L seeds you sent me and will keep you posted on progress.

Like we talked about, silverfluter, our soil is mostly clay, and I'm not even going to mention the darn rocks...that's entirely another story...lol. Although every time I have new plant, I do amend the soil with compost, and sogginess definitely helps digging, just have to wait for the rains to let up. Hopefully they will by the time I get back next week.

We put Scott's Turf Builder on about three weeks ago, and Wowie! Add all the rain that we've had and the grass is going gang-busters, Susan. Please do let me know how the daylily seeds do. Do need more??? Echinacea Milk Shake made it through the winter, as did the fan of Victorian Lace.

Isn't clay soil with rocks the pits? We've removed enough rocks since we moved in to make a small wall to hold up one of the iris and daylily beds!

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Try Caleche clay, it is the worst yet, part hard pan, part clay. When wet it is like mucky wet cement, it sucks the boots off your feet. If it is dry which it is in the desert, it is like a rock, and it can break your pick axes, trying to break it up. My tiller can't till in it unless it is spring or until all the organic matter breaks down over years. Gypsum can't work because the Caleche particles are smaller than the gypsum. GRRRR!

Thank you for letting me know your plants survived. I wouldn't mind trying more D/L seeds if I'm not begging too much. Hubby showed me today where he's tilling up a new garden for me while I'm away this week-end and am really excited to have the extra room. When we moved here eons ago, of all things the lady of the house had a rock garden. We spent the better part of several years digging it out -- it was all rocks, no plants at all -- and finally ended up with several truck loads we donated to a neighbor to help him build his fish pond

This message was edited Apr 27, 2011 10:10 PM

Susan, I'll D-mail you with a list of daylily seeds that I have.

Linda

Thank you, Linda.

hellnzn11, that makes me thankful we only have red clay. Caleche sounds like mean stuff.

(Zone 6a)

Igrowinpa
Where you the one from Beaver Falls who had dl seeds on the LA ? If so they were some really nice newer crosses .

(Zone 6a)

jUST WENT OUT AND THE SMALL IRISES ARE BEGINNING. FOUND 3 BLOOMING. FIRESTORM, JEWEL BABY AND ADD IT UP

Thumbnail by pagardener61
(Zone 6a)

JEWEL BABY

(Zone 6a)

AND ADD IT UP ....... so small and cute. have 1 tb with a bud on it with color showing. So excited!

(Zone 6a)

bleeding hearts pink and white are in full swing. All the rains and warmer temps are working wonders.

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

don't have a white bleeding heart. Thats beautiful. My bleeding heart just got its leaves. Flooding going on up here. How are you down in PA. Kathy?

Erin

Athens, PA

We are flooding. I come down route 220 to go to work and 2 areas were under water. It is sunny now and I am hoping the rain holds until after I get home tonight.

Kathy- what is it doing by you?

I too love the white bleeding heart. I have put it in several times and it just doens't want to take. My pink bleeding heart comes back each year....

(Zone 6a)

Good, just enough rain to make everything start to grow like crazy and then some but no real heavy flooding. Though they are watching the Susquehanna River for the next 2 days, getting close to flood stage but I am sure here on this end which is pretty deep it will not go over this time.

(Zone 6a)

weather? Sun is out and very windy. Last nights storms were no where as severe as the other night here. think we got off lucky again.

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

We had tornadoes in our area early this morning. One hit about 30 miles from us. It has stopped raining here. Schools were let out early and some were closed. I kept Anna home. She has hives anyways,but still wouldn't have sent her when their are flash flood warnings for our county. Glad you gals are alright in PA. Susquehanna is over flood stage by me. The farmers field is undere - again.

Erin

pagardener61-Kathy, I sent you a D-mail about the people from Beaver Falls who hybridize and sell seeds on the Lily Auction. Unfortunately, it's not me - LOL. I do keep daylily seeds from some of my more interesting flowers and trade /give them to people who want to grow them out. I'm impatient and don't have enough patience to grow the seeds out myself, although I do have one small clump of a cross that I purchased on ebay that I wanted to try - a cross between Lavender Blue Baby and Siloam Tiny Tim. I keep hoping this is the year for flowers from that cross. It's been three years since I planted the seeds and now I have a multi-fan clump. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get some blooms,

Linda

(Zone 6a)

Oh I love Lavender Blue Baby! Bet you will see flowers from that cross this year, should be lovely!

(Zone 6a)

SPRINGCOLOR-- is paid, please mark as so. Thank you

Fredericksburg, TX(Zone 8a)

I've been wondering about all ya'll over there east of me. The news is so scary. I have a brother living in Stone Mountain Ga. I haven't heard from him yet.

Susie, Cheermom-Sue's box went out in the mail today. Still have not heard back from her.

I also received a 2 box order from enidcandles - Lori today. She wants a box of irises and a box of daylilies, both named.

pagardener61-Kathy, I didn't have Lavender Blue Baby when I purchased the seeds on ebay, but did get it that summer. I too love that plant and I'm hoping that the cross with Siloam Tiny Tim will be very cute!

Linda

PS No rain here today, the first time in days and days!

Thank you Linda Got LORI Marked Up top Linda Cheermom 's job might have changed & SHE CANNOT GET ON as soon as she gets your box she will let us know I;m sure as soon as she can get on .

Well i hope everyone has a safe weekend & free of any storms .

susie

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

Susie your payment is on it's way. I've got it in the mailbox yesterday and the mailman didn't take it. So my mom put it out today for me.

Denham Springs, LA

Recieved my box from CBANDENBURG today: Thank you Cathy!
Here's what was in the box: Orange Vols
Passion District
Galaxy Explosion
Tropical Depression
Fireborn
Jan's Twister

lagirl95

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

God bless you all in the south and back east where all life will never be the same or at least not for a long time. I pray for all who have injured or deceased loved ones.

Pretty flowers, glad you get some glimmer of things to come.

(Zone 6a)

Oh nice box with some very good spiders in it!

LA Those will be Beatutiful Once they have Bloomed HAVE You checked out their Pictures ???
I Would love too receive any or all of them :) I have been wanting jan's twister for quite some time :)
maybe i should get in on these also :)))

I want to thank all of my sponsors for their help to make this a great Way of adding to our gardens
Huge ty to all .
susie

(Darla) Dubuque, IA(Zone 5a)

Susie marked me as received from Igrowinpa. I'll post later what all I received. We're finally getting some decent weather so I'm heading back outside to play in the dirt ..lol

Darla

Denham Springs, LA

Received my box from Igrowinpa. Box contents included: Cherry Cheeks,Mauna Loa, Seductor, Dark Star,Ming Porcelain, Pure and Simple,Dragons eye, Spacecoast Starburst,Bradley Bernard. Very Generous and several from my want list. I am very happy with both my boxes I received.

lagirl95

(Darla) Dubuque, IA(Zone 5a)

Here is a list of the Irises I received in my box from Igrowinpa.
English Cottage
Victoria Falls
Pride of Ireland
Rosalie Figge
Shah Jehan
Superstition
Clarence
Batik
Fast Forward as a bonus.

So glad I decided to get in on this.
Darla

Post a Reply to this Thread