2011 Upper Midwest RU - Food, Drinks, Utensils Sign-Up

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

This thread is for signing up to bring food, beverages, utensils, etc. for the 2011 Upper Midwest RU.

We need a volunteer coordinator for this activity. Please D-mail me if you're interested!

Needs

Lunch food (appetizer/snack, main course, side dish, dessert)

Beverages

We Have...

Sub sandwiches (tcs1366)
Pasta salad (KaylyRed)
Large dessert (Anna_Z)
Paper plates (Maxine)
Chicken Caesar Salad (tcs1366)
Utensils (philljm)
Cups (philljm)
Bottled water (philljm)
Baked beans (Satacltr2)
Black bean chicken dip OR grape salad (philljm)
Pie or cheesecake (meezersfive)
Chicken wings (maybe) (meezersfive)
Napkins (Anna_Z)

This message was edited May 21, 2011 12:18 PM

This message was edited May 23, 2011 6:52 AM

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

I'll bring a pasta salad. :)

This message was edited Apr 26, 2011 12:07 PM

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

So far it looks like I will be able to attend............I will bring a large dessert.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Don't know yet, will let you know when it gets closer to the date.

Maxine

Or I could bring paper plates, as we are going to need them unless we plan to eat off our hands?? LOL

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

hands and laps are good Max!!

I'll most likely do a large Chx Caesar salad. can't go wrong with that.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

OK. will bring paper plates and clean hands!!

Just came in from the greenhouse separating all of those dang petunia's that came up thicker than , well you know what I mean.
Just wonderful here, mostly sunny with lt. wind.

Maxine

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

I can bring Utensils - and cups too. I can hit Sam's Club sometime in the next couple of weeks, and I need some for the upcoming summer anyways. How about a case of water too? I begin stocking up for my 4H kids for the county fair right now. Let me know if there is anything else from Sam's I can pick up. ~Jan

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

All those sound good, philijim. :)

Belvidere, IL(Zone 5a)

I will bring baked beans if we have some electric to keep them warm. Nancy

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

For food I will either bring a black bean chicken dip, or grape salad, depending on what else is brought - and the cost of grapes! ~ Jan

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Pat usually has an extension cord for crock pots.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

We still need napkins and beverages if anyone can bring those. (We do have bottled water.)

Lunch meat and buns would also be good to accompany the salads and desserts we have. Anyone?

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

The past 2 yrs, i've brought those huge sub sandwiches from WalMart... I can grab one again...

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Thanks, Terese!

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

I can bring napkins, but would you please tell me the ETL???? (estimated time of lunch). I believe last year the schedule said 1 pm start for lunch, and when I got there at 1 you were almost finished. Or whatever the time was.......I don't remember, but I was there when then schedule SAID you were going to have lunch.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

I posted the schedule from last year. Pat's been difficult to get in touch with lately, but I'll double check with her.

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I'll bring either a pie or cheesecake, and maybe some chicken wings if we have heat.

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

Headed to Sam's club tomorrow, if we need anything else from there, let me know ~Jan

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

I think we're still missing napkins if you'd like to pick up those, philjim. :)

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

Will do

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

I said i was bringing napkins..............but if you already have them. I have lots............so just LMK.

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

Anna, go ahead and bring them, Sorry ~Jan

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Are we good for utensils to eat with?

Maxine

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Oops! Okay, great...Anna can bring napkins. :)

philjim, looks like you've got the utensils covered, anyhow. No need to bring anything else.

I suspect we could always use chips or beverages if anyone is looking for something to bring.

This message was edited May 23, 2011 6:53 AM

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Ok, I will bring napkins.

I was planning on bringing my own beverage........I thought that was mentioned earlier. I think it's great if all we have to think of bringing is our own drinks.............if we don't have to worry about plates, etc.

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

I stock up this time of year because of a family cottage, 4H functions, county fairs, etc. Our RU won't make much of a dent in things. ~Jan

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

LOL Jan...........ain't that the truth. I have a tote with paper plates, plastic cutlrey, styrofoam cups, napkins, etc. that I use for church stuff and for our City Band Christmas social event. The band director laughingly calls me the "Band's Social Director". It sure is handy to have that kind of stuff on hand, tho. And..........in something that the mice can't get at. :>)

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

I agree Anna!~Jan

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Ugggg -- i hope i dont have to bail on the RU. I requested this day off back in April. guess no one got that memo.... so far, for a 12 hrs shift, we will only have the new gal i have to train today.
I'm gonna try to work something out.... I'm thinking if i scurry back and not go to Flower Factory... or maybe go in the AM before going to Pat's...

Verona, WI(Zone 4b)

Hi guys,

I'm back. been working like a dog and just pulled off a 90th birthday party for my mom in Annapolis, 150 people! yikes. but that's behind me now, I can focus on the RU. really looking forward to it. haven't even taken my trip to flower factory yet. so has anyone planned the schedule yet.
I have two large beverage containers that we use for church parties, I can provide iced tea with lemon and sweetener on the side. The pool is now opened, so anyone who wants a dip it will be available.
what else do we need?

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Lots of US

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Pat, we shouldn't need anything else except maybe an extension cord for a crock pot. We're all set! Thanks so much for being our gracious host. I can't wait to spend some time in your beautiful garden with a bunch of great gardeners. :)

I was thinking of changing the schedule (which is just the same as last year's) so that we go to Olbrich Botanical Garden instead of the Arboretum. How does that sound to everyone?

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

We will be coming down the morning of the RU. Don't know the time or what the traffic will be/

Pat, I will need your address again as not sure I kept the directions to your home. Please!

Looking forward to seeing every one and making some new friends.

Maxine

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Maxine, there's a link with the address posted in the announcement thread here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1176078/

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Will bring...some type of bread/cracker probably
Recommend that folks check to see what roads are being fixed..I Think I heard that I-39? was having work done..I don't travel much but did catch a bit of info when I was trying to figure out a way to get across Madison to avoid roadwork...Madisons' annual tradition:0

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Marcia, you know what they say about the seasons of Wisconsin............fall,winter, spring, and road construction. LOL

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

those coming out of Chicago... 90west is all under construction. it's about a 35 mile stretch.
just past Woodfield -- i can't recall which road it starts at, but just a few miles west of 290/90 interchange - almost all the way to Belvedere. it bites. 2 lanes i think... the worst part is the 45mph speed limit... adds about 10 - 15 min to the drive up.

South of Madison, i can't recall any.... but then - it's been a few weeks since i did the drive.

I do believe 12 south from the Dells area is fine.

The other gal in the office said the craft show she's doing ends at 4pm, so she said she will cover the 2nd shift. The new girl is being 'tossed to the wolves' for the day -- ya gotta learn some how.
The Taste of the Dells is that weekend too.... so if the weather is nice..... Tamara -- i can't recall if you went last year....

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Debating whether I can bring a pasta fruit salad as I volunteer drive that week 3 days that I know of.
Will try and do it, but drive Thurs. and Friday preceeding the Sat. of the RU.

Maxine

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

90 South of Madison is clear, as of last weekend. And if you are coming from Rockford & south,(39) it wasn't bad either. If I remember correctly (I am a night driver, who knows what my tired brain remembers!) that way is clear until maybe Bloomington(?)

94 from Milwaukee has construction, the worse is Milwaukee & the next county west, Waukesha county. The construction on 94 east of Madison, from about Lake Mills to Madison is not bad at all, I haven't had any problems on it. ~Jan

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

OK along with pie I'm bringing chicken salad. Sure hope it warms up. Not the chicken salad. The weather.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images