Pictures of the Memphis/Jackson Nursery Run

Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

Real sorry I didn't get many pictures, but thought I'd start a thread in case others were able to get a few. I know Loretta was snapping some, and Melody took alot - but she is saving hers I think.

Would also like to thank everyone for being so kind to my guest "Paulette". After getting home and listening to her tell our neighbor about it - it was obvious to me then that she really enjoyed it. lol On the ride home she even said what a great group we have.

I got sooo many wonderful plants and had the best time. It is always very thearaputic for me to be around all of my plant buddies. Thank you all for being there !

So sorry I didn't get pictures at every place - was just too much excitement going on. (Melody got some fantastic pictures - I am sure)

Thumbnail by n2birds

I think Sandra is checking her funds and telling Kim she ain't gonna get her money because she don't need anymore hostas !!!!

Thumbnail by n2birds
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I know what you mean about too much excitement going on! I had my camera in the console of the truck and forgot to even get it out!! Too much going on. What a great trip!

Everytime I found Paulette (my guest and the first time she's been to any of these nurseries) - I'd ask her how she was doing and she'd just say "overwhelmed".

As you can see in this picture at Dabneys - easy to be "overwhelmed" - especially if you are looking at the hostas !

Thumbnail by n2birds

It was, wasn't it Charlotte. I wish I could remember how Paulette explained it - as all of the cars would pull up into a nursery - all these car doors would open and slam - and you'd see all these die-hard plant people dissipate. She was pretty amazed at it. Kind of fun to hear an "outsider's" view of all of us. lol

Here you see KA doing all the work - pulling the wagon. What is wrong with the picture ?????

Thumbnail by n2birds
Ripley, MS

Now Bonnie, you know I would have given Kim anything she wanted EXCEPT-the shirt on my back I wore Sat--LOL !!!!
Kim I begged Terrye all the way home to please let you have a shirt too !!

I made a few pictures on my phone, but getting ready for church now so will get them on later. My favorite is Charlotte trying to break into Rita's as we got there before she even opened.

This is the wagon --- Kim says "look at all MY stuff". lol
So... that's how it works - take KA along for the hauling, huh ?

Thumbnail by n2birds
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

See Kim's hosta list in her hand!

She came prepared didn't she ! lol She knew Dabney's was a #1 hit for hostas.

Here is Charlotte pulling her goods. I think everywhere we went - either Charlotte or Loretta bought a tree. lol... think about it. Nice tree you got there Charlotte - and you picked the smaller wagon.

picture...

Thumbnail by n2birds

This is Sharon and her precious daughter Autumn. Sharon - she is such a doll. Thanks for bringing her both days... first time I have ever met her.

p.s. - Sharon had already been at this nursery for 2 hours and had just about bought 1 of everything - so she could walk around with all of us then.

Thumbnail by n2birds

Sorry you 2 - but this was my favorite picture --- Love Terrye's "evil eye" she was giving me. I literally LOL when I saw this one.

Thumbnail by n2birds

Very hard to go to Gardens OyVey and not just take pictures of their place. Everything was so lush and beautiful.

pond

Thumbnail by n2birds
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Great pics Bonnie, I just love that evil Terrye is giving you. lol

Diane had wonderful ideas for you hosta lovers that can not put them in the ground.... pot them ! She had huge hostas in the most beautiful pots with understory plants all around the bases of them. Absolutely beautiful.

Thumbnail by n2birds
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

She is giving you the evil eye!!! I burst out laughing when I saw it!! Too funny!

See... that sweet Terrye does have another side to her... lol (I really doubt it though)

You know - I didn't take a single picture at Rita's - heck, I didn't even make it into all her buildings either. Guess I am sensing another trip up there soon now.

Here we are at Dutch Gardens -

Jim, Kenny and Kim. I think Kenny is questioning Kim on what that puddle of water is below her.

Thumbnail by n2birds

Not real sure about this dude !! Is he dancing or trying to get in the basket ???

Thumbnail by n2birds

Melody, Terry and Sharon.
Having a major pow-wow I guess.

Thumbnail by n2birds

Just dawned on me that Charlotte and Loretta won't be in our group picture we did at Casey Jones. Darn it. I really hate they had to leave so early.

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Great pix! Please make note of my wagon (that KA is pulling)...all hostas! LOL I am not certain but I believe that I got home with 12...I will count them later...plus KA and I went shopping on Thursday and I picked up 5 or so and then got 5 in the mail. I am sick!

Sharon, we did have a great time with your adorable daughter. I am certain that she thinks we are totally nuts...and we are!

I wonder if Ray has ever seen Terrye's evil eye? LOL Actually, I think she was warning you to stay away from her plants.

I believe Kenny is telling me that he did not make that puddle!

I cannot wait to see the one of Charlotte trying to break into Rita's gate!!!

I wasn't there when Charlotte was trying to break in - but I told on her. lol
Rita just had to laugh.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I would have opened that gate if I could have figured it out!!!!

Here is the little terrarium after I planted it. I bought all these at Rita's. There is a glare from the glass when I take a picture from the front. But you get the general idea. It's too wet to do anything else but I ran outside during a rain break and got these plants and some potting soil - had some gravel for the bottom in the garage. Just had to play with something!

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Front view

Thumbnail by cperdue

I know you would have, Charlotte. Wow! Very nice terrarium! Those plants all go so well together.

Great job Charlotte - I looked for one of those containers last year and ended up just using some large glass things. My interest didn't last long with them though. They are now sitting in the garage on the shelf. :-( Guess they will go to Goodwill someday. Maybe if I had one as nice as yours - I could have stuck with it a bit longer. Looks like you have a perfect place for it too.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks you guys! I bought this at Hobby Lobby last year and have just been using it to root things in and then just stored some stuff in it during the winter. Decided it was time to finally do something with it. Bonnie I may tire of it soon also! It has a really neat top to it but I'm leaving it open for right now to let some of the plants dry out a little. They had been sitting outside. Didn't take time to put them under the pergola when I unloaded them yesterday.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Love that Terrarium charlotte. it's pouring down out there and very windy, got alot planted though!!! Even planted 2 mother's day coco planters that I picked up at lowes on the way home from kim's house. I'll have to wait till the storms are over to get pics of them. FILLED them to the brim though. hope I didn't over do it lol

Did you get the big ones?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

of course ;0)

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I just can't believe how lucky we were to catch the 2 days with such good weather for our trip!! It has rained here all day and the wind has really been blowing. It will slack up for a little bit and just when you think it has quit - here it comes again!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I was out planting things in between the rains. I'm almost done, but it's too cold out now.

I dug up a tiny rice paper plant by mistake, so maybe their not all gone !!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

It hasn't quit long enough here to really do any digging or planting. I need to pot up my caladium bulbs and may try to do that the next time it slacks up. But the walkway going back to my area where I keep my potting soil is covered in 5 or 6 inches of water and there is water flowing from my greenhouses area. I don't know where it's coming from. Never seen it do that before. I'm going to have to get my boots out to get to it. Going to be cool tomorrow.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

It's really cold here tonight. and all after noon also. aweful.

here's my containers I got planted today. There's alot of plants in those hanging baskets. I hope they do well like that. i forgot to put the white trailing lantana in one of them, will have to do that.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

here's what the coco planters look like, their huge!!

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Ripley, MS

Here is Charlotte trying to break in to BUY plants, most burglars steal things, but not our Charlotte--she is trying to break in to BUY plants

Thumbnail by slcdms
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

would you look at that butt shot. You could have left that part out lol don't you have picassa copy and paste. ROFL

Ripley, MS

Kathy Ann, if my butt was that small I would be asking people to make pictures of it !!!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

you just made my day!!

Olive Branch, MS

I had a great time yesterday!! The pics are good. Charlotte now you have me wanting a terrarium. Kathy Ann like Sandra said you don't have much junk in your trunk. Kim your ducks made it home safe. Hopefully I'll see you soon so you can get them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.