Arkansas RU food thread

(karen) Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Okay we all know we CANNOT have a get-together without food. I'll provide the paper plates, cups, napkins and utensils

I'll also provide bar-b-que smokies and some sort of deli meat for sandwiches and of course whatever else I need to supply depending on what you guys bring.

Karen - paper products and meat
Charlotte - grape salad
Kim - cheese strudel or bbq weenies
Marilyn - drinks or cheese and crackers (I think one of these will be plenty)
Crissy - Chocolate chip cookies.
Janie - drinks

This message was edited Jun 3, 2011 7:58 PM

Thumbnail by kjuddy
North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Wow! My eyes are playing tricks on me...I just looked and did not see this thread, so I posted on the other one...

I will bring either cream cheese strudel or bbq weenies.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Looks like we need a salad. What about a grape salad?

Woop Woop! Grape Salad!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Okay, let me make sure of the date again: June 4th, right? As far as I know, I can make it on that day. Since I will be coming from Harrison, probably a 3 hour drive to Karen's house from mine, I need to bring some kind of food that is transportable. I can bring liter bottles of soft drinks, perhaps just a big chunk of cheddar cheese to be sliced and snack crackers. Karen, if you have any other ideas, please let me know.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

How about if I bring Chocolate Chip Cookies???

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

yum!

I personally intend to eat ONLY grape salad YUMMY!!!! Okay and some Chocolate Chip cookies...

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh my.. Are we mostly doing snack foods? Finger foods? Trying to decide what to add to the list..

I think the food is always a free for all!

I am going to bring strudel for sure...I think ;o))

We'll have forks and spoons so ANYTHING will be good - better to eat 10 great foods than take up room with something just cause it 'goes' with something else:) That's my theory and IT SHOWS:(

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Okay, Karen, have you given directions on another thread to your house? So far, I haven't found any. Maybe you need to send a blast dmail with directions. Just the address will suffice for me now that I have an iphone--it has a built-in GPS, which is a great help in cases like these. :o)

Yeah, I will need them, too. We will also need the address/directions to the closest or best nursery near you...we may need to stop by there on the way home! LOL

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I need directions too! Sarah is going to come with me I believe.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh, good! It will be good to have Sarah join us again!

My friend Holly is coming with me, too. She is going to bring pigs-in-blanket.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I will bring roast beef and pepper jack cheese sandwiches if there is somewhere I can heat them about 15 minutes to melt the cheese once I get there?

Trish I'll have the oven ready for you what temp will you need?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Not sure what I should bring, any suggestions?

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

375 will be great what time are you wanting us to meet at your house?

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

never mind I found the answer on the swap thread.. Thanks anyway..

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Ok, since there's only like 3 days left till the RU i decided just now what i'm going to bring food wise. lol

I'll make 2 cheese balls one a dessert ball and one not, and crackers and mini graham crackers for the dessert ball. I still haven't got my door prize yet. jeese!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Was thinking about making this brocolli & chicken Braid that I like so much since I have an abundance of brocolli in the garden, but I have to please everybody. ! lol I know there's at least one person here that won't eat green ha ha.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Hmmmmm. Now who would that be? ROFL!!!

I haven't got my door prize yet either KA, I'll pick it up either today at lunch or tomorrow at lunch. Have no idea what I'm going to get though, usually I have some sort of clue!

HHHMMMMMM Nothing better than broccoli and chicken together!

Oh boy! Green food..................................................YUCK! ;o) Oops, I guess everyone knows it is me that hates green. lol Make whatever is easy, KA. There will be plenty for me to eat and I can always carry an apple with me! hahaha

LOL KIM!!! Broccoli is my favorite and we've been getting some out of the garden almost every day, but it's gone now.

I sent directions to the nearest nursery but I forgot to mention that the daylily lady is on Col Glenn just a couple of miles from the freeway. She usually has a sign out that says 'Daylilies for Sale'. If it is standing up she's there if not she's gone. But if it is there it is worth a stop - very nice lady with a ton of daylilies. She'll be on your left coming to the party on the right going back out.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.