Time to vote! Choose your favorite images in our annual Photo Contest HERE

Garden and Small Town Stories

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

My name is Paul, I used to visit Dave's a good bit awhile ago learning from all of your posts and enjoying the chit chat.

Paul From Alabama

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Welcome home to DG, Paul. It's a joy to seeing you back. Thanks for being there.

KimfromAl.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Paul your stories take me away to a place I've never been or and in most cases will never be. I'm so glad you're back!

Kim! it's good seeing you too!!

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Welcome again Paul. Loved your stories before and will enjoy again. Am on vacation now so will post more later when I have time to read thru the link.
Elaine

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Hey Kim, its nice to be back and I love the view through the arbor by the lake........I'd jump in right now but I'm busy eating watermelon ice cold from the fridge.......:) I hope if you're ever over this way you'll let me know and come by to see us and the garden.

crissyr, Like I told Kim its nice to be back and nice to be writing stories again for nice folks like ya'll.....Speaking of places I've been, I'm kind of a homebody now but its nice here and I like what I see here and the things I do here, but I love to write about places I've been, its like going there again if you know what I mean.....

Elaine, look forward to hearing from you and I hope you enjoy your vacation.....

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

So glad to have you back with us on the MS..... enjoyed reading some of your stories. Hope that you are feeling better....never a trip to the ER could make such a funny read! You sure have a way with words..... hope that fire ants are gone from your belly and that everything is back to normal.

Genna

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Genna, Hi there, I been down, then up, down then up and down again but I'm in the pink now, finally and plan on staying that way. Between riding around in an ambulance up and down the road and catching up in my garden and hosting our first wedding in our garden I been kinda busy and I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you here.....But now that I am here I sure wanted to thank you for reading some of my little stories and now that I'm home the only time I want to see the guys from the rescue squad are when they show up over here at my house to see the garden......:) My story for toady is about the rescue squad, going to try to incorporate something about the work they do for our community and gardening and make it all funny, might be too much but I'm going to give it a try anyways........:) and as far as the fire ants go I ain't seen, nor heard and most importantly ain't felt them since I got home from the hospita. I hope to see you again on my blog and if you can get the darn comment thing to work please leave one, good or bad even.....and if nothing else there's a email button at the bottom of each story page, send me an email from there and let me know what the story if anything meant to you or if you just laughed, hey laughing is important......:-)

Hey, Paul...

Had a chance to read your blog the other day and was sorry to hear you had been spending a lot of time away from your garden in the hospital recently. Glad to hear you will be at home for this holiday and very glad you are 'in the pink' now. Love the story of the rescue squad. A couple of years ago, my dog managed to run me down...hard. I was home by myself, it was freezing cold in February, and to make this story short, I had to call 911. The local volunteer fire department here in our rural area is the first responder. Needless to say, that gets my neighbors' attention also, but they were great. The local ambulance service was also great, my daughter arrived about 30 minutes later and rode with me to the hospital, and all was well. I had a cracked rib, separated shoulder, and, thankfully, no injury to my hip, which was my first thought. Anyway, glad you had a good experience too in the hospital and with the first responders.

You must have some stories of your first garden wedding, so I'm going to your website now to see......
Elaine

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Elaine, I'm on my way out the door now to catch up some container watering but when I get back want to respond to your sweet comments and your story too.......Paul From Alabama

Happy 4th, Paul and family. I'll d-mail you the long version sometime...it's pretty funny...2 and a half years later.
Elaine

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Happy July 4th everyone!

Elaine, it is amazing how some things become funny with the passing of time, but sure are NOT funny at the moment!! Those dogs...... can't live with them sometimes, but can't live without them either!! There have been several times when I thought mine were going to wipe me out!!! Thankfully, that hasn't happened yet...... glad to hear that it wasn't worse than it was. My back porch is really high off the ground and they almost knocked me down the back steps one day a few years back when I was home alone....I did go partially down but managed to catch myself - but I was heading down them backwards and when I got stopped all I could think about was HOW LONG would I have had to lay out there before someone found me!!! Plus, I wasn't sure if would have lived thru it to begin with!! Scary, but made me realize I need to watch them more carefully particularly when I am home alone!

Hope everyone has a great day.....

Genna

Genna, I know exactly what you mean. That was the sort of thing that ran thru my mind during the time I was horizontal in the air....I knew this was gonna hurt! I now take my cell phone with me when I go to the barn, especially when I'm by myself.

We just got home from a big family reunion. It was great, and hope everyone else had a great day too. It was H-O-T, but it's been thundering so maybe we will get a little rain.
Elaine

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Howdy folks from Mid-South Gardening...

Paul from Alabama

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Howdy Paul..... how are things going?? Don't know if you saw the thread but there will be a get together in Olive Branch MS in October...... would be really cool if you could join us so everyone could meet you in person!

Genna

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.