It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

The Southgate Series

Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

Is anyone else aware of the Southgate Series? I wasn't until I saw these Rhodies at Old Time Pottery in Nashville.
I bought one of each.
They are Scintillation, Janet Blair, County of York, English Roseum and Royal Purple respectively crossed with R. hyperythrum. I have a tiny hyperythrum. I read it is very heat resistant.
I got these marked down to 8.00 each. Oh Happy Day!!! :-)

http://www.southernlivingplants.com/whats-new

I will put closeup pics in PFs. They haven't even been entered there yet. I guess because they are so new.

Top row, l to r: Brandi, Breezy, and Divine
Bottom row, l to r: Grace and Radiance

Thumbnail by killdawabbit
Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

They should produce pretty white-ish flowers. Evergreen and compact here in the south. I have seen a white-pinkish one before. I wish Southern Living Plants.com would have included more pictures. I remember seeing that 'Gold Breeze' Miscanthus on their website and wondering how my budget was doing!

Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

Did you see the pictures? There are pinks and a purple. Divine is white it appears and Grace is a pale pink.
I love the foliage on these plants also. Another thing that interests me is that I have R. hyperythrum, Janet Blair and Scintillation already. Now I have the hybrids between them. That fascinates me for some reason.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.