I think my Adenium has a wedgie

Phoenix, AZ

:)

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Arlington, TX

Ok, I think it looks like a sexy woman with her hip turned out as she sits and her arm at her side...?

Bellevue, KY(Zone 6a)

ROFL

Arlington, TX

She is flat chested though.

Phoenix, AZ

I'm thinking it's a guy :O

Arlington, TX

No, the hips are way to curvy for that. I did see that little something off to the side that made me think it might be male but I am sticking with my initial impression. Honestly its a very nice looking plant that will get better with age and it really does have curves!

Phoenix, AZ

Thanks Newton, you were my inspiration when I saw your post "I felt brave today". I have had this poor plant for at least 4 yrs. It spends the Winters in my living room & it didn't like it very much. It was so straggly and very few leaves. I chopped everything off and put it in SemiHydro. Boy I was sweating it! But it has never looked this good! I just wish I would get some flowers. This Winter I will have a grow light on it, maybe that will help with the wedgie ;)

Arlington, TX

How much sun is it getting? They want quite a lot. Also, the species (which is what yours looks like) don't really flower for a long period of time. Give her/him some extra fertilizer, they like that in the summer too. I had 2 in semihydro and took the last one out after the first rotted over the winter.
C

Phoenix, AZ

Not much direct sun, VERY bright though. Good point on the SemiHydro in the Winter...thanks

Yardley, PA

I know what you mean. A number of mine look like butts. Nature is great.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

She looks like she has an itchy rear end. Funny, funny. I had one that looked similar, but she froze this past winter. I cut off all the frozen top, and I'm hoping it sprouts again. It's now July and so far no new growth.

Arlington, TX

If the bottom (no pun intended) still seems firm don't give up. Sometimes it takes quite a while for new growth.
C

Bellevue, KY(Zone 6a)

I gotta hit the gym again to get my bottom firm...

Decatur, GA

Adenium buns. ^_^

Vieques, PR

European, given the hairy armpits...

Arlington, TX

Yes she is.

Phoenix, AZ

Her brother :)

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Arlington, TX

Ok LOL that's just rude! He has moles on his bum and...he needs to hit the gym!

Phoenix, AZ

Where does one buy pants for Adeniums?

Arlington, TX

I think they need to be hand made.

Bellevue, KY(Zone 6a)

LOL I wanna see that!

Arlington, TX

Me too.

Arlington, TX

I just thought shorts were more practical seeing he has no legs...

Thumbnail by newtonsthirdlaw
Phoenix, AZ

LOL I ♥ it! We will probably need several pair, you know different colors :)

Bellevue, KY(Zone 6a)

LOL, excellent!

Yardley, PA

civilized at last! lol

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

You guys are just toooo funny! You have brightened up my dull day. Thanks a bunch!!!!!

Yardley, PA

Thought I would add one of my adenium butts to the thread.

Thumbnail by Sally0
Bellevue, KY(Zone 6a)

Ooo, Baby! LOL
I love this thread, too, and I don't even have one of those plants...that may change now!

Phoenix, AZ

Lol, Sally yours looks like it's taking a big stretch before it starts it's day :)

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

What are your plants sitting on, never seen it befor, looks like little potatoes.

Yardley, PA

It is call semi-hydroponics. They are clay pellets. I have about 70 plants in it. It has reduced the rotting trememdously for me.

Phoenix, AZ

Yup, learned it from Sally0 :)

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Never heard of them, do you buy them localy, do you know who carries them

Yardley, PA

you can get them at hydroponics shops or at Firstrays.com

Bellevue, KY(Zone 6a)

I don't know how far you are from KY, kareoke, but there's a hydroponics store in Erlanger that has them:
http://www.wormsway.com/kentucky.aspx

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Thanks Ky but I am way too far away, will have to check Internet, no Hydroponic stores anywhere close here.

De Soto, KS(Zone 5b)

You can also buy it online from orchid supply stores, that's where I get mine for my orchids but I hadn't thought about putting my adeniums in it but it sure makes sense. Great tip, thanks!

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

The first looks to be sitting on the leu and wiping its bum, sorry lol!!

Yardley, PA

Nature does seem to have a sense of humor.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.