***RED, WHITE & BLUE 2011***PATRIOTIC SHOWCASE 4

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Lol!! Tiny Tim didn't have that much great friends!
Betty, I'm so honored that the garden fairy and her butterfly is still gracing your home.
I think that's from an early, early swap.

The good thing that came out of swaps, you develop great relationships!
Again thank you all that have made this another success. I have never had to worry in ALL the RWB swaps. You all truly love America.
God Bless you and our country and Canada too!

Victoria Harbour, ON

She is indeed Jaye..isn't it terrible, I (we) enter so many swaps and love the items, then years go by and you think, should have a journal to mark who I got from and what..escapes me half the time..I've so many treasures in my gardens, flowers shed and decks and all from special dg friends..if you ask who gave me what..oh oh

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

As long as you don't make a habit of putting out of the honor of "being the last to mail" I will be okay. LOL

Make sure I am on the list as I have already started my box for next year. This is habit forming--worse than chocolate and that is saying something for me.

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Wow, what a box full of beautiful RW&B. I focused on that RW&B angel right away. She is so beautiful!. Jaye did a wonderful job of shopping, one great patriotic gal we have here.

I was looking at the table cover Thunder made for me, you did put a lot of work into it. I see more interesting things each time I look at it. Never get tired of looking at beautiful things.

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Betty and Jaye ..... you two are the "gals of the hour"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One for sending and the other for receiving such a super, duper, terrific, wonderful, awesome, sweeeeeeeeee----eeeet, done with love box!!!!

Have a great Thursday everyone. The weekend is almost here! Even if it is 108*, the ac feels good and so does the pool!!!!!!

DH and DGD's enjoying it last weekend.

Thumbnail by Crit
Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Awesome box! What a way to end a suspense. Wonderful job Jaye, yeah, I remember getting a box from Jaye and it too was awesome. A wonderful friend you are to all of us. Thank you.
Faye

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

well guess there was no RWB Sunglasses but many many other nice surprises :)

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'm still in awe of my RBW box...you'll all have to come and see them displayed..aren't I terrible..if nobody shows up for 2012 it won't be for the lack of my not encouraging their visit..lol

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Sweet box Betty, one that any one of us would love to get. Jaye as always sends fab stuff, WTG Jaye.

Glenview, IL

Incredible!!

Sistah, you sure know how to make a person feel loved!

That runner is spectacular!! And i just adore the Angel.

I am in awe of your pressies too Betty, you'll enjoy them forever!.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Thank you Sistah Judy.. my Chippewa sistah!

The runner is actually my first. Fell in love with the pattern, but it calls for other colors. RWB looks good in ALL patterns!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Jaye, happy birthday girl...hope it was a special day and that you were feeling well enough to enjoy!! I'd love to sing you the happy birthday song but it wouldn't make your day, only sing off key...

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday sweetie. luv you.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Thank you very very much.
No grand celebration.... no special dinners.. but nonetheless it was grand!!
The whole day I was smiling away. Lord has certainly been good to me.

Happy belated birthday Jaye!!!

Thumbnail by Crit
Victoria Harbour, ON

OK you guys, you've created a monster...

Bought a linoleum Friday morning as I decided I needed a new floormat for my back deck..forgot about all the humidity but did end up finishing it, 6 coats of flecto finish and it's ready for the back deck

It is 6' x 8' piece, decided because much of the back deck has red and white that I'd include it..checkerboard squares..side designs in tan..painting it, looked at it, and just didn't have pizzazz...

guess what color it is now?????

How about blue???

Victoria Harbour, ON

Yep, I'm ready for July 4th next year..pretty red/white/blue matt..ok, through in a bit of black that I marbelized..

Sounds great Betty. You DO have the spirit.

Some may see this on another thread, and I'm sorry if you do, but:
On a sad note, I lost my best gardening friend this morning .... Polly. She had been sick since Friday. Went to the animal emergency room Saturday and back to my vet this morning. It wasn't 2 hours after I dropped her off they called to tell me they had lost her. They resusitated her once, but couldn't get her back the 2nd time. Blood tests showed stuff all over the charts from too low to too high. Kidneys were all but shut down and her heart just gave out. She would of been 8 in October. Didn't know if she had gotten heat exhaustion or what. She stayed in the house and had a doggy door to go in and out, but if I was outside, she was there with me. Several times I had to lock her in to make her stay inside. I brought her home and my DH dug a nice grave for her in this rock hard dry ground that we have. Every time I look out my back window or go to the back yard I will see it and think of her. Polly-Wog, Polly-Wog Dog, Polly-Wolly Doodle, Little Fat Dog...... RIP my dear little fur baby. See the heart on her side? That is how big her heart was!!!!!!! The little grandkids could waller her all over and she just loved it She WILL be missed!

Thumbnail by Crit

Just one more of my little gardening buddy. Where I was, she was!

Thumbnail by Crit
Victoria Harbour, ON

Oh Crit, sending hugs for you.. These furries sure fill our hearts and home..know she will be missed...thank goodness she did not suffer long!

So sad to hear you lost your Polly, so hard to lose our furry friends. I was beginning to worry about my Molly, who is 8 or 9 (got her from the pound and they said she was 2). I have a doggie door too, but if I'm outside she is too. Well, just too hot for me so now she is laying beside my chair.

I have a little girl Rat Terrier that is 16. She went blind in December so mostly stays in the house except to go potty. I had been preparing myself to lose her anytime. Never DREAMED it would be my Polly first!

Thanks ladies!

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1202528/
Come and check out Cindy's bird/butterfly/bat house swap!

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Rest in peace, Dear Polly.

Thanks char

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

So very sorry for your loss Patti...........Now my son in Heaven has another pup to play with ...........

I talked to Jaye this afternoon and she ask me to tell you all " hours ago " that she was have electrical problems (we hope that it is something minor) and can't get on the PC...I would have let you all know sooner , sorry Jaye ,but things got kinda hectic here ,nothing bad just ,hectic !

Thumbnail by synda
(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Felling your pain, Crit...I lost my Chinook just a few weeks ago, He would have been 7 in September....sometimes I think I hear him barking...It has been very "strange".........He was always at my feet...or at the doorway of the sewing room......under the desk, when ever I was on the computer....yup feel your pain.

BIG BIG HUGS....

Thanks Synda. Love the poem!!!!! Glad to know Polly will have someone to love on her!!!!!

So sorry for your loss too thunder. Yup .... that was Polly. You could always find me if you found her.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Crit, I lost my old horse Sam and I know how heartbreaking it is to lose an animal friend. Maybe Sam and polly are running thru heavenly pastures enjoying theirselves as creatures of God can....

I can see them now............

Victoria Harbour, ON

Cured enough I can put my RWB mat outside on back deck..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

That is BEAUTIFUL Betty!!!!!!!!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

That is too cool Betty.

You did a terrific job, as usual. So very pretty.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

((((((((Patti)))))))) You brought tears to my eyes when you name out Polly's other nicknames. You and DH are such great fur parents to give Polly a good place to forevere rest in.
You're so lucky to have had a pet that connected with you.

Betty, that's so gorgeous!!! Now how many hours it took for you to finish painting?
Too pretty to be stepped on!!

Still waiting on the 'winner' to show up here!!
Sis Kathy, quit lurking on show us your smile!!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

;

;

;)

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

LOL Kathy are you using invisible type?

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Looks like it!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, visiting some of america's finest..in Chicago..history to be learnt

Jaye, a couple of days, only because of humidity and had to let paint dry

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.