I'm amazed how little traffic there is in this forum!

Craig Co., VA(Zone 7a)

I just joined Dave's Garden on June 14th and I'm amazed how little traffic there is in this forum! Is it because of the time of year? Is it better in the spring when everything starts to bloom?

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm sure the time of year is a factor. Other forums I follow are periodic in their activity. I've been on more lately because it has been too hot to work outside much. We are having a "cool" spell for a couple of days and I hope to use most of the time catching up in th gardens.

Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

I check out this forum on a fairly regular basis. It's on my favorites list anyway.
I think a good topic of discussion would be for everyone to tell their success stories establishing natives in their gardens. This is what I am always doing.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Traffic comes and goes. Sometimes a forum just needs a boost of enthusiasm from a newcomer. Or a post with some edginess. Or some great pictures.

Or or or...a challenge.

Royal Oak, MI(Zone 6a)

Funny, greenthumb, I've been out in the garden more BECAUSE of the heat. A couple of my hosta (okay, I admit they're not native) beds need water every other day. And I've been trying to finish reworking a couple other beds before I go on vacation tomorrow. =) And water everything well enough to survive while we're gone.

Northern, NJ(Zone 6b)

I think if the forum was returned to it's original purpose to deal with native plants, meaning native
to what ever area you live in, and removed the added "wild plants" in the title there would be more traffic.
A lot of people left then because the feeling was the "wild plants", which could mean anything that grows without human intervention and has naturalized is acceptable, changed the rigor of this site.
It is hard enough to really figure out what is native to your own area without muddying the issue.
It is totally different to ask if the plant is native and try to investigate where it came from and when then to just accept everything
which the "wild plant" title implies.

I've found 3 or 4 new sites on the internet devoted to just natives that didn't exist before.
One that has Doug Tallamy, the author of "Bringing Nature Home" as a contributor.

Craig Co., VA(Zone 7a)

Could you share those sites?

Northern, NJ(Zone 6b)

NativeVA, I'll D Mail you with that information.

Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

Could you post the sites here, please? Thanks.

Northern, NJ(Zone 6b)

killdawrabbit, I'm not sure of the policy on DG concerning suggesting other sites.
I'd be happy to D-Mail you.

Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

Links are posted here all the time. It's OK. But if you prefer to send a dmail that will be fine. Thanks.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

New here! I'll try to keep the forum fresh with a billion questions about my newfound interest in native wildflowers and shrubs.

Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

Welcome, Outlaw. My latest 'natives' success is establishing Tennessee Coneflower here. They are now reseeding well. I started the first ones from seed a couple of years ago.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.