Wild Raspberry question

Portage, WI(Zone 5a)

Isn't life and/or plants wonderful and interesting. You see something you swear you never saw before. Now the question is - is it everday and I just never noticed or is it a rare event? A walk through my woods today. It is Fall and most plants have lost their leaves. About 3/4 of the wild Raspberry canes have green buds on them. Is this normal or a result of our 2 weeks of record warm temps?

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I am picking about a cupful of raspberries a day. This morning I put them in the Vitamix with yogurt, soymilk and supergreen. Add a little ice and you have a wonderful smoothie. The berries are larger now than when they were bearing earlier this year. And the birds aren't fighting me for them. Is this normal? Who knows? I just enjoy them! I also thinned my rhubarb and made rhubarb crisp. Trying to clean up the gardens and salvage what I can of the tomatoes, peppers and herbs.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

My domestic raspberries have buds that will open next spring into side branches. But maybe these buds you're seeing are looking greener and plumper if the weather is mild.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.