December 2nd, 2011: Nolana (Nolana reichei) by sunnyg

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

The Bloom of the Day for December 2nd, 2011 was Nolana (Nolana reichei).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2011-12-02

(Zone 9b)

Such a pretty garden vignette.

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks so much Kell!

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

I was impressed with the color of the Nolana blooms center matching the creeping jenny...
Well I believe that is creeping jenny...LOL
Nice photo

Thank you for choosing it GGKin! I'd love to say I planned the nolana/creeping jenny color match (it is indeed creeping jenny growing in my "stream"), but it was purely a wonderful accident...one that I hope to repeat in 2012. The Nolana continues to bloom away happily even now in December, and I'll be sorry to see it die.

(Zone 9b)

It sure is a beautiful color!

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

Your welcome..I agree with Kell about the color.
I just noticed the Fuchsia also has that brilliant green color too.
Echo color combinations sure are striking when done correctly or by accident...LOL

(Zone 9b)

LOL, I had to go back and admire it again! Yes, it all works together!

Now that is not a fuchsia is it? I am trying to remember the name. I have one in the front in a pot. It over winters well. well, it disappears only to come back in spring. Flowers pretty much all the time. The flowers are so petite.

Hey, Kin! I never see you around anymore. I always enjoy the photos you pick out. Hope all is well you you my friend! And Sunnyg always takes such nice photos!

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

I do believe it is a fuchsia but not 100% positive.
I do check in quite frequently but just don't have the time anymore.
Hope things will change after the Holidays and have more time to spend here onDG
I spend 2 1/2 -3 hrs. daily commuting to work and still have not found a place to live yet.

Sunnyg does contribute some excellent photos

(Zone 9b)

Gosh, I was going crazy trying to remember what the name was. I even went back and was looking for my pics of it.

It is Cuphea cyanea .

(Zone 9b)

Gosh, I was going crazy trying to remember what the name was. I even went back and was looking for my pics of it.

It is Cuphea cyanea .

PS That is way too long a commute! Are you going to sell your house? Big changes!

Thank you both for you kind words about my photos! The other plant is indeed Cuphea cyanea...such a cutie!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.