It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

Gloxinia, Brazilian Gloxinia, Florist's Gloxinia, Violet Slipper Gloxinia (Sinni

Spring Hill, FL(Zone 9b)

Gloxinia, Brazilian Gloxinia, Florist's Gloxinia, Violet Slipper Gloxinia
Sinningia speciosa

Flowers are on the same plant. Idk how it became "bicolored" like that. (I LOVED this! Its dying now, and I would pay dearly for a replacement.)

Thumbnail by darkdragon474
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Hi, did you lose your plant? Hope you didn't throw it away. This plant does not like to have it's leaves wet. If you water it, do it under the leaves or water from the bottom of the pot by sitting it in water for about 5 to 10 min.
It's probably taking a break, and will start up again if the bulb didn't rot. If you keep it moist, not wet, and in filtered bright light, it will send more leaves.
Did you know a new plant can be started with a leaf. It takes a while, it first creates a blub at the end of the leaf stem, before it send up leaves.
If you still have the plant, take a good sturdy leaf, dip end in rooting hormone, and plant in potting soil, and keep moist.

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

darkdragon, I had some of these that I grew from seed 35 years ago. I got the seed from Park's, back when they were a good source of seed. They go dormant. Don't throw it out, just rest it for a while and then start watering it again and see if it comes back to life. They are kin to african violets, so there may be something on the african violet forum to help. If not, google up gesneriad and see if you can find yours there. Luciee {;^)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.