North Central Texas RU April 28, 2012 (Trade Thread)

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

You got it Stephanie. I assume you are talking about the oregano, right?

Joy

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes. :)

Arlington, TX

Joy,
Do you have any more rain lilies?
Cheryl

I have a big pot of them from the old homestead that I haven't divided yet, so I can set some aside for you Cheryl.

Joy

North Richland Hills, TX

Joy, I'd love some variegated oregano cuttings as well.

Kate

North Richland Hills, TX

Does anyone have some Comfrey they can share?

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Roux, I would love some variegated Cuban Oregano as well if you have enough.

Got you down Kate

Will snip some more tomorrow for you anna.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Kate, I'll see if mine comes back. If so, I'll start you some or bring you a piece of root.

Grapevine, TX(Zone 8a)

I just noticed some heartleaf skullcap and some inland sea oats that I could pot up, if anyone is interested.

I noticed that I had offered something to Marty for RU on another thread, and that others might want some as well. Oops. Here is the post,

Marty, I have cow, horse, donkey, goat, and sheep as well as a little duck manure. I mean real poop, we have all those animals on the farm here. Heavens to betsy (gg) someone actually wants that stuff????!!!!! LOL. Next they'll be wanting all my prickly pears, cedar, holly and darn it, just forgot the stupid prickly bushy tree that we spend all our time trying to get rid of and folks pay for them at the nurseries. Geez it is a pain getting old AND being blonde at the same time.
Wait, I remember, it's Yaupon.

Seriously, farm humor aside, if you would like some of the above manure, give me a shout and I shall bring you some.

Joy

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I have added Rosemary to my list. I also have several (4 or 5) purple coneflowers I can pot up.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Dennis, I'll take some of both! :)

And Joy, I'm always in the market for poop. I add it to my compost pile!

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Stephanie can I get a purple coneflower from you?

Sheila can I get blue crown passi from you?

This message was edited Mar 8, 2012 8:46 PM

North Richland Hills, TX

Would anyone like some flowering quince, I'm getting ready to dig some up.

Kate

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Sure, Steph! I'll put your name on one (or 2 or 3....).

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

I have a few extra borage if anyone wants one. I can guarantee bees if you plant borage. They just cover it up when it's in bloom. Marty

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Joy...I would also love poop too ! Do you want anything from my list?
Marty, borage sounds interesting...how big does it grow?

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you Steph :)

Marty, could I get some of your borage? I have a good friend who got some bees last fall. She's trying to get lots of bee plants to plant down by her bee boxes.

Two feet high is about normal for borage to grow. The flowers are the bluest blue, really beautiful about the size of a nickel. It's Borago officionalis

Yes, Catz. I'll put your name on a couple.

This message was edited Mar 8, 2012 10:47 PM

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Borage sounds lovely! Do you have any more? What would you like?

Catz, does your friend have lantana? Both bees and buttlerflies nectar on mine constantly.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Marking a Blue Crown passiflora for you Catz.

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Marty ~ No she doesn't have any. It's good to know that they like that as well. Do you have any you could spare?

Thank you Sheila :)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Catz, if she has something for it to climb on, a passiflora would be excellent. Bees also love Mealy Blue Sage, Esperanza (Yellow Bells), coneflowers, and gomphrena.

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

I am sharing 4 starts of my Passi incarnata with her. She does have a fence line near her bee boxes she is going to plant them on. I know she does also have the Yellow Bells. Thanks for the extra plant info Steph :)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I have some mealy blue sage if she wants it.

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

That would be wonderful. Thank you Steph, I know she'll be thankful.

catz, I will bring her a baby Lantana.

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you Marty :)

I plant morning glory seed next to the fence of my square foot garden so the bees will come and pollinate my veggies. If she plants a seed packet of hybrid ones, They will not take over the place but if she wants re-seeders I have a lovely red native I could bring her.

Hmmm, posted yesterday and don't see it now,

anna, do you still have your mealy blue sage? I would like it please.

Marty, would love some borage if you have any left.

Joy

Joy, got you down for a borage. If anna runs out of mealy blue sage, I have lots.

That would be nice Marty, I have a huge yard, plus my vegetable garden is way up near the farm's front gate and I want to plant some attractants up there as well. A friend sent me several exotic Morning Glory seeds to try and I am going to plant them up there as well, it's got a fence that none of the animals can reach to snack on.

Joy

Hey everyone, my arboretum is having a native plant sale tomorrow and again next Sunday. The list is long of wonderful native trees, understory trees, shrubs and perennials. The list is a pdf file. If anyone is interested in seeing the list, I can forward to you if I have your email address. I get a 10% discount for being a member and would be willing to use my discount to get you something you really really want and bring it to the RU. However, I am not wealthy and you would have to paypal the price of the plant to me for me to do that. Also, I did not think of this: Log onto www.houstonarboretum.org and follow the prompts to see the pdf file.

This message was edited Mar 9, 2012 8:13 PM

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Hello everybody, please check my list at the top of the the thread, I deleted this one because I was getting confused having to update both of them, please let me know if I have the right plants assigned to you
Josephine.

This message was edited Mar 12, 2012 7:20 AM

Jo, I would be interested in heath aster, aromatic purple aster and willow leaf aster and the climbing snapdragon.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

O.K. you got it Marty.

Jo, Could I get you a sassafras at the plant sale I mentioned above?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.