March 2012 blooms

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Yellow Bearded Iris

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Arugula

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Spurred Snapdragon, now you can see how it is growing really tall and start to cover the spent Daffodil blooms.
I love to watch them moving in the wind

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Plum tree in the morning and in the afternoon ...

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Grapes are starting to bud

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

My pride and joy: my yellow Itoh Peony ... ta da ....

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Violas (self seeded year after year)

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Some Daffodils are still blooming ...

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Plum tree (it doesn't make fruits)

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Berries from my Holly shrubs.
Soon the "Cedar Wax Wings" birds will come to eat them ...

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Some of my Crepe Myrtles are starting to bud .... so early ???

East Texas, TX

all so beautiful! my crepe myrtles are still at the brown stage...I lightly scratched a couple of trunks to make sure that they were indeed alive and just still dormant. My althea trees are really beginning to leaf out though. And, we moved a fig tree last week...it had been in a spot for 2 years and hadn't done anything...I told hubby I thought it wasn't getting enough sun...so, we moved it...wow...in just 4 days it has numerous leaves budding out...amazing what moving something a few feet can do.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I love spring....re-birth time for sure!
Here is the snowbells....I don't have too many but will bring a few to RU for Marty and Dennis if I remember to write it down. These were a dig if you want some from a lady in Red Oak that had a small GW plant swap a few years ago. They haven't spread much for me.
My patch of purple iris always the first ones to bloom.

East Texas, TX

Well I had a few blooms pop out over the weekend...the first is my first Old Blush bloom....the second is a Martha Gonzales rose and the last is Homestead Verbena

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Love the verbena! I popped by Frostweed's place and saw a lot of the native verbena just coming up and also a beautiful planting of her grounsel yesterday. I really believe spring is here to stay.

East Texas, TX

thanks. I am hoping it is so...we will have a few more cool days...but, I am hoping mostly spring. my malva(zebrina) is coming up...anxiously awaiting to see if my bee balm and coneflowers are going to come back.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

The pecans are putting out buds. Pecans and Mesquite trees are the last to sprout. Guess we won't have anymore frost anyway. I'm of the "old school", still believe in the Easter Spell.

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Sheila, I have snow bells and was going to give some to Dennis and Lizzie. I dont need you to bring me any but thanks for thinking of me.

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Sheila could I have some snowbells? I have never grown them before.

Joy

Joy, if Sheila does not have enough, I can bring you some. Marty

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Pink Daffodil

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't remember the name of this daffodil, but it smell terrific !!

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Rose M.me ..... I forgot ...

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

I picked lots of my daffodils and displayed them around the house.
The fragrance is intoxicating

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Looks great. I love the one with the yellow and white mixed.

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

thanks
I really don't know what Jimmy Turner is doing at the Dallas Arboretum to stop tulips and daffodils to bloom ... The Dallas in Bloom festival will start soon !!
My daffodils are almost done !!
I bet Jimmy is pouring ICE on top of those bulbs to stop from blooming !!

I will be at the Arboretum on the 16th to attend their ART SHOW (which is amazing) and the DALLAS IN BLOOM !

I will then come home depressed ... because I want my house to look just like the Arboretum ...sigh !

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Mine are just beginning to bloom. They are pretty deep since I put down organic mulch for several years, now I spread compost in the early spring. Could be your rocks too that keep the soil warmer.... or your green thumb! They are georgeous whatever and whenever they bloom!
I have several things in bloom, but busy and no picks today...rainy tomorrow!

Sorry Marty...yes Joy, will put it on my list for the RU.

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Bluebonnets are showing up everywhere, my Souvenier de Mamaison is blooming pink and turning white by days end and smells wonderful at my front gate, Candulas are finishing up, and Nacadoches is coming into its own.

East Texas, TX

those are so pretty! My daughter lives up in the athens area and she said that her dogwoods are starting to bloom.

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Sheila_FW
I dunno ... just LUCK
maybe I have daffodils varieties that bloom earlier than yours ...
rouxcrew , FANTASTIC pictures keep posting !

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

This is a picture of me at the Dallas Arboretum yesterday. Iím wearing my gardening hat trying to channel my best Howard Garrett impression. Do you see the resemblance? Ok, imagine Howard Garrett and add 100 pounds to his torso. Now do you see the resemblance?

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't understand why I can only upload one picture at a time.

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

another

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

one more

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

That is really beautiful, the Dallas arboretum is a great place to visit.

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

That is a lot of beautiful blooms! Were you there before the rain and wind? I imagine so, since the hat is on your head!

Thanks for posting! Really beautiful...all those bulbs.

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

hrp50
thanks so much for posting those great pictures. I hope to see the flowers in person real soon.
I am glad that Jimmy has everything under control !!
Keep posting !

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Crossvine is blooming

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

A gorgeous Bearded Iris in my garden ... a little bid up by the rain , but amazing colors ...

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.