This Old Trunk

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

Found this old trunk at a junk store here in NE Tx. and had to have it. Now ain't it a real jewel, every one should have at least one of these.I had to give $15.00 for it. Did I get beat?

arptiger
down younder

Thumbnail by arptiger
Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Not if you love it.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

I agree. Great old trunk. ^_^

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is the old trunk now that I got finished

Thumbnail by arptiger
Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

This is the inside with the tray out, it is all padded inside with brass nails. The tray rests on the runners on the ends.

Thumbnail by arptiger
Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

That is very pretty. Good project. Now what are you going to do with it? :0)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Perfect, arptiger. That turned out so well. Yes, what will you do with it?

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

I guess I will keep it at least for a while. I have another one I am going to start on when I get around to it. I think I will build it more of a man trunk say more of a western style.

arptiger
over here

Cuyahoga Falls, OH(Zone 5a)

Very very nice ! I love it !

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

I think I have blankets stored in mine. If I was sure where it was I would take a picture of it. I thought I told you about a wardrobe trunk I bought at an estate sale. It was sitting there and I asked them how much. He says well we lost the key so can't get it open so $5. I said I would take it.

The first key my friend tried in it opened it. It was beautiful Royal Blue velvet inside that looked like it had never been used. That was on one side and the other side had drawers. There was a pair of black silk stockings, seamed, Not panty hose. LOL, no runs, a very small heavy 2 piece iron that I think was for collars and cuffs. and a black purse out of that ribbed fabric called file (not spelled like that) and it had the tortoise shell handle.

I thought the trunk had belonged to a dancehall girl. Just my romantic mind I guess. But, it was in such good condition. Whoever had it had taken such good care of it. I gave it to my mom and she had it standing open in her sewing room for years. When she passed away I put it upstairs in my house and never opened it. Too bad. It is gorgeous.

Just one of those good buys.

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I have flat-topped trunks used as coffee tables and sometimes cushions stored inside. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

arptiger you did a good job and fast. Did you have all the parts, i.e. the metal fixtures that go on the ends of the slats, brass nails, etc. That is have the battle.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images