April 2012-Too early for the heat!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Ehh, just playin' some shortleaf,Since I don't have a rain barrel or small water garden I let water turn green in water jugs. The plants seem to like it better like it better as you said.

Was'nt; 'tryin to getch all a riled up' touchy, touchy, artists.

GREEN ICE CUBES; maybe it 'll catch on, like' green onions.

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Wow, thanks Crit! That'll be $1300!
Oh I know juhur! I have a good sense of humor, my days of getting mad and flaming on the internet ended years ago, I never get mad.
I'm not all riled up or anything, I'm not like that..lol I like the interest in my goings on!
There is life after green water!

Seriously though, the Water Irises must love the green water too, that's quite a flower on that one. I just got those from happ about a year ago, they've grown alot since then.

I've been looking at those feeder goldfish at the store. They are only $1.50 for a dozen at the pet store where I buy crickets for my lizard. I see mosquito larvae I believe in the water already. The feeder goldfish aren't warranted so I wanted to wait till it's always warm so they are less apt to die. Sorry to hear about your Fish were so big when they died. Years ago, we found out a Great Horned Owl was helping itself to my Grandmother's Koi at nite. They were nice Koi, she had had them for years. They prolly woulda retailed for a thousand dollars apiece at the store, they were 2 feet long some of them. Unfortunately, they were disappearing all the time, before we found out why. I was in a rural area then and the owls were more brave about sitting around in trees in your yard. At this one job I had I came home at 2:30am and a Great Horned Owl would fly off when I got out of the car from right above the fish-pond.

How about this TropiCanna from Pepper, it already has 3 sprouts.
Will

Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I need to get my tropical stuff out and planted. I just haven't yet due to the wild swings in temps. It's crazy!!

I don't have many tropical plants, maybe 2, the TropiCanna and a big pot of Elephant Ear bulbs. My houseplant collection is my tropicals. Yeah, the lows have changed yet again, they now say low lows until Tuesday of next week. - http://www.kshb.com/subindex/weather/forecast/7_day_forecast That could all change, it usually does, May 1st is only a few days away, I may wait til then to put my houseplants outside.

Banana 'basjoo's are kinda tropical but so far only 2 of the 6 in the yard have came back from last year, 1 of my 2 'Luna red' Hibs came back, so far. I hope the other one comes back, I'd like a big red tropical looking flower.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

As earlier my tropical looking all bit the dust in a flood a year or two ago, your all familiar with story.

Here's a mulch pile made of cardboard , fiber as bags filled with leaves and compost, and garden lawn grass clippings over that. Looking a little messy yet ,only as it greens it cleans. At least two the view

Realizing it has been some time ago that was where the conversation was I will add my own slow...........to that.

Thumbnail by juhur7

Thats what I'm gonna try to do with the cardboard in my veggie garden.

I have the rest of it covered now except for a big corner. Have to put yellow squash there. Everythinh else will be in buckets this year.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

That's a good idea as long as it does'nt dry out under the cardboard.The nicest thing about it is after three years or so ,as the worms and natural microbes develope you get earthy garden soil that looks like it came from a forest floor,especially if you amend it organic. CoooooooooL HUH!?

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I was thinking maybe I ought to add I remember when you talking about the board drying out, The only problem I've ever had is pillbugs ,but not as many now as has been in the past.Besides they don't eat much ,only they will occasionaly attack a melon..

You guys got some work there. The other day I cut and put up the wafer-board on one side of the old cheap shed, you can see part of a big cardboard box that I broke down and put on the ground as weed-block.
I need to make a decent compost to amend this clayey soil here in the yard, I go thru a lot of Miracle-Gro.

Here is my new terrarium (an antique milk jug), complete with a Pilea 'Aluminum' in the back and a smaller Polka-Dot Plant 'Splash' in the front. That's the cat Rudy investigating, she can't get in it after I put the lid on it.
I want to add some rocks or some smaller plants to it later, I just made it a while ago. Don't mind that crazy Santa Claus on the tricycle, he wanted to ride into the photo! lol I made sure not to damage the jug, I didn't drill holes in it or anything. It's my roommate's, she wasn't crazy about dirt and plants going in it, but she likes it now.

In this new bed in the front yard by the ramp, I am going to plant 4 'Chocolate Chip' Ajugas, 6 Christmas Fern bulbs and 18 Lily-of-the-Valley bulbs, hopefully tomorrow, maybe a couple smaller Hostas (maybe 'June' and 'Patriot') if there's room. I need to dig up and nurse that 'Guacamole' Hosta, in that pic, back to health some way, it is staying puny, I got other Hostas that are doing better to put there.

My lizard isn't right, it finds comfort laying on top of the cactus in there, Mammalaria Banksiana. I think he likes it up there so he can look on his supply of crickets and he prolly eats them up there, they also like the top of the cactus, oddly enuff, there's a couple of them down lower on the cactus.

Ewww, going down to 35 Monday nite according to channel 41 here in KC. http://www.kshb.com/subindex/weather/forecast/7_day_forecast
Will

Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

40/62/43
Mostly sunny. High 62F. Winds NNW at 15 to 25 mph.

Hi, sorry to be gone so long :o)

I have been outside every day doing things. I have some garden in and need to reseed inside what didn't grow. Today I will be at DD's all day babysitting. It's a chilly day so it's a good day to do that.

I've been so busy that I haven't had time to take any yard pictures :o(

Hope all goes well for you as I'll be missing off and on now that spring is here.

Have a warm day! Mine will be chilly and windy :o(

Ok, it only got 12 Lily-of-the-Valley roots, the 6 Christmas Fern roots and 3 'Chocolate Chip' Ajugas in that new bed in the front yard. When I got to doing it, there didn't seem like enuff room for everything I thought before, I don't even know if there's enuff room for the 2 Hostas I boasted about.

It's been chilly and windy here too, Sally! Although, warming up drastically starting tomorrow, 84 tomorrow they say! - http://www.kshb.com/subindex/weather/forecast/7_day_forecast
Will

Thumbnail by shortleaf
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

The terrarium looks great Will. I love the polka dot plant. I have one and it gets really big in the summer. Dies back in the house during the winter. I'm sure that it doesn't have anything to do with not watering it often enough. UGH.

I like the light bark where your hosta's are a lot better than the black. What happened to the planter you made for the triangle?

I've spent the last 2 days potting up and dividing some plants I bought at the Herbal Festival here in SS. I got so much neat stuff. Some of it is not real big, especially the pieces I seperated, but they look GOOD. Tonight is a chance of high 40's for a low, but after that it is smooth sailing with lows in the 60's. I'm planting my ws'ing plants now. Next is to clean out the leaves in the big front flowerbed and off of the Amarylis and other plants that are against the north fence. I'm so excited! lol

I just planted at least 16 perennials today when I got home from work. And bulbs. lol. I had to take advantage of the weather. Plus I was tired of looking at the pots. lol

Thanks Crit. I love the Polka-Dot plant too! Wow, I hope it doesn't get that big. Oh, that's just MiracleGro garden soil in that bed by the ramp, I can still put cedar mulch on top of it. I'll see what is gonna sprout in there then I will ask about putting cedar mulch in it, I wouldn't want to cover anything up right now.

Oh, that planter is still out there, but the plants in it aren't coming back yet like I hoped. There were some hardy mints and stuff in there that I thought might come back, but so far it looks like weeds is the only thing coming back in it. That's it in the foreground in the photo, it's doing procrastinator duty right now, I don't really know what to do with it! Good memory tho Crit! It was on that pedestal for a long time, I'll probably fill it back up with a Sweet Potato plant and some Coleus and put it back there on the pedestal. That's a Euonymous Gold something or other there now, it's a good sport, it doesn't require much! I Googled it, it ranges in hardiness it seems, from minimum zone 5 to 7, but it does well here over the Winter in a metal bucket.
Here is the Google -
http://www.google.com/search?q=euonymus+golden&hl=en&rlz=1C1CHHJ_enUS400US401&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&ei=rlKXT-nQM-f10gGz3YzDDg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=1&ved=0CDAQ_AUoAA&biw=1920&bih=947

In the photo, that's that fourth 'Chocolate Chip' Ajuga that I have left after planting it's 3 brethren.

You guys have been busy! This is some crazy weather, 90 high tomorrow then a 50 high Saturday.
Will

Thumbnail by shortleaf

I found the neatest 'tri-color' potato vine at the Herbal Festival here Saturday. I had never seen it. Just the lime and black. I'll get a picture of it if I remember. It is small now.

Wow Crit, a tri-colored Potato Vine, I'll have to look out for that, I'd like that too. Sure, if you can, a photo would be neat. I might even put one in my terrarium.
I just mowed up some grass, oh joy!

Went and bought a new rose today. lol. I just couldn't resist it. OSO Easy Paprika. I just love the colors on it. Also got Fire and Ice hosta and Golden Joy Oriental lily. lol. My garden is filling up fast.

Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23

Oh, Easy Paprika has some nice colors, that would be sweet if it turns out like the pictures! I have blooms on the dark red Rose happ gave me. It has a habit so far more of a shrub Rose, but that's okay, maybe it'll ramble up the trellis some. I'm still waiting for 'Penny Lane' to get a leaf but I just got it, I'm sure it needs to grow some roots, but I've been watering it, my other Rose from Kmart is devoid of anything as well, 'Royal America'. I got a photo of the red Rose and the trellis. That's the 'Penny Lane' and the 'Royal America' across from the red Rose. 'Fire and Ice' Hosta eh? I looked it up at Plantfiles, it's pretty small, a good size for a bed here maybe in the front.

I put that Rose-Of-Sharon out to get it ready for a trip to the Post Office, it is getting some nice leaves on it, I got a photo of it here below.

Here is one of my 25 Liatris bulbs coming up! I planted them way too shallow, but I wanted to be sure they could get thru the soil, I do follow directions when I drive though!

How about this yellow Water-Iris in the water with some yellow flowers, isn't yellow and green supposed to make blue! Just kidding, but they must like that water anyway because one is blooming nicely, thanks happ.

This TropiCanna is gonna be nice this year, it already has 3 sprouts, thanks Pepper.
Will

This message was edited Apr 25, 2012 10:24 PM

Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf

I dug that old fashioned Lilac up to put it somewhere else, that's it in the front and a shade garden of mine behind it.

Thumbnail by shortleaf

Yes Will, I had never seen a tri-color either. If it grows well where I can get a start for you, I'll send you one.

I still have to get my Penny Lane and Westerland in the ground. I'll wait til after the weekend when I get some input.

WIll, I also have Earth Angel hosta. I bought it last year but left it in the pot til the other day. It looks like it's gonna be a biggie.

Earth Angel just planted in the first pic and Fire and Ice in the second pic.

Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23

Amazing how so many hosta are so similar, but have different names! PTL all of my hosta that I didn't know if they would survive last summer's heat, as they were just planted, have all come back! I should have some nice trades in a year or two. They are all named. I got a bunch of them from happ.

I replanted 2 Hostas that were shriveling up for some reason. The smallest one is the only one that I know what it was, the identity of the other one hasn't came to me yet. The one 'Guacamole' got replaced by one that is a neat variegated one but I don't know the name of it. The other one that got replaced identity hasn't came to me yet but it got replaced by 'Halcyon', which is a nice, cheap blue Hosta. I looked up Fire and Ice and it isn't cheap! lol That unnamed one got unintentionally divided all up, it kinda fell apart when I dug it up, I already potted up all 3 divisions of it, I don't throw anything away, I'll take care of anything, except a weed, until it dies of a broken heart! lol

Just wondering Pepper, how long do you think until the Penny Lanes have flowers?

Okay Crit, thanks, if that works out I'd be glad to have it.

Today, I also rolled up my sleeves and manned up on some rocks and other labor in the backyard so I can get that cedar mulch down sooner than later, I'm tired of it not being done! I did about 40 feet of rocks, this is gonna be "the house of the limestone rocks!"
I wonder if I can win some prize money for that?!

I got some peaches coming in on my 'Red Haven' Semi-Dwarf Peach Tree!

And the number of Hostas, there is I think 400 or so kinds of Hostas! And they get expensive, I think lkozarksgarden said they go as high as 400 dollars for one eye!
Will

Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Squirrel been eating peaches!!!!

Sorry to hear about your Peaches Juju.
Oh.. I never thought about that. I saw a squirrel back there by that tree but in my pots digging and rooting around yesterday. I was watching it out the kitchen window, I was like, "you so and so get out of there", it was just jumping from one pot to the next, man I hope it hasn't and don't discover peaches! It never did any damage that I could see in the pots this time. I need to make a piece of tin or something and put it around the Peach tree, but then it would just jump above it, the tree isn't that tall yet.

I have squirrels but don't have trouble with them messing with my pots. My bird feeders is "another thing". That keeps them pretty well entertained! I put some squirrel feeders in the front yard, hoping to lure them away from the bird feeders. I think now they are just eating from BOTH! UGH

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I gonna put fake owl someday!! lf I find it! lol...

A fake owl! Haha! The neighbor up the street has something of a vineyard in his yard. Actually, I've seen their wine for sale in a store up the street. They stack it all on top of a barrel, in the aisle, so you'll knock it off and break them and have to buy them, that's probably how they can say it sells. I bought one for a friend for a party gift last year and made sure to pull my jacket in when I walked by it all at the store. Anyway, they have a fake person and I've seen the old standby, pie pans, in employment in their yard too.

I've been doing the mulch thing today until it started raining, that was short-lived, I'm about to go back out. I think I'm gonna need another load of mulch. This time, I might have to present my findings that it's nearly the same to buy mulch by the bag at Lowes and see what he says, I guess the mulch man will either throw me outta there or give me a discount.
Well, back to the manual labor that I so enjoy!
Will

Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf
Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Wow I am not even going to try to read all the posts...rofl. I did a hit and miss to see what you all are up to.....Working hard I see.

Will great work on the garden, I would water seal or paint that board you put up, especially at the bottom edge (the narrow edge), water runs down and gets soaked up and that is why you lost the bottom to begin with. I did that to the top and bottom of my storage doors so water couldn't drip on the edge. That acts like a wick. I cleaned the pond earlier when we had some warm weather, my yellow and purple water iris are blooming like crazy. For the moment I have the green water under control...(for the time..rofl) More sun more algea, I am like you Will if I get it too clean then you can see the buckets that are sunk. I finally have the waterfall the way I want it, I even squirted that foam in the back to stop the water from running behind the rocks, so I must like it now because I can't take it apart...rofl. I just need some smaller filler rocks and I will finally consider it done. Will since you don't have fish, put a little bleach in the water and it will kill the alge, just don't put so much you eat the liner.....you know clhorine swimming pools...same difference. Plus I don't think those little blood sucking misq. larva like bleach...

Pepper you have sure bought some beautiful plants, that rose is amazing!

I took Thursday off and just played and played in the yard. I put down 14 bags of mulch, just another 100 to go...rofl. I am waiting for it to rain so I can pull some weeds, baby trees, and trap some moisture in the ground before I put the rest of the mulch down. I have got to go to Indep. cause I have purchased way too many tomato plants and take them to my sister. Hey, guys southerland has their baskets for 5.00 and home depot has 4 pots of perennials for 10.00 if my brain is working correctly....

Sutherlands did have their baskets for 3.99 for friends and family members a few days ago. First come, first serve, no limit. I didn't go though we talked about it at work. lol

Happ, I also love that rose. You should see my Climbing Peace!! It's really blooming today but it's too windy for the camera.

Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23

Thanks happ. good seeing you again. I sprayed that wafer-board's edges with this clear sealer in an aerosol can. I thought about that too, I'd like it to last a while but half inch wafer-board is so cheap and cheaply made unfortunately. That 4 by 8 sheet was $10 at HomeDepot.

That's a nice climbing rose there, Pepper. I bought one at Kmart today and I'm a little worried because nothing at all from anywhere comes up when I Google it - 'Scarlet Sensation'. I thought I'd plant it next to the one happ gave me to add more red because those other 2 climbers across from it might be more white and apricot than red, with this red one too maybe it won't look so funny.

Here is about half of the landscaped area with a roughly 4 inch layer of cedar mulch, I've used all my mulch up, time for more mulch! I got another photo of it, closer up by my birdbath.
That's ALOT of mulch bags there happ!

Bleach clears up algae eh? I am thinking about getting some feeder goldfish as soon as it stays warm. I want to get the larvae that is swimming around in there before my friend dips all the water out! lol
Will

Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf

I finally found some info. on the Scarlet Sensation Rose at helpmefind.com. I usually gamble like that, buy stuff before I research it but it usually works out okay luckily. But, ideally, I'd learn a little about something before I purchased it. And of course, Kmart has sold yet another Rose that is out of zone here. The Scarlet Sensation is 6b at helpmefind.com - http://www.helpmefind.com/gardening/pl.php?n=5645 , that might work here with the backyard the way it is, but I might speak too soon and it'll die this Winter! I now have 2 from them that are both 6b. I might have to call my connection at Kmart headquarters and profess to them that this is NOT zone 6b! I have Royal America and now Scarlet Sensation, both 6b, they oughta be ashamed of themselves.

Walmart is doing the same thing with other plants. I was at the one in Blue Springs yesterday and they had Cape Honeysuckle and something else that has never been hardy here before that I know of and they were labeled as perennials. I was rolling my eyes when I saw that. OH!! It was the regular white jasmine! Not hardy here. You have to get the yellow jasmine.

Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23

Oh, so much color Pepper, very pretty. Yeah, I always disliked getting duped by buying what I thought was a cool plant only to see it perish over the Winter. I remember one year I bought a Red-Tipped Photinia and 3 Crape Myrtles, these were supposed to be hardy kinds of Crape Myrtles, so I thought I'd have some neat trees. I remember the 3 CM's did come back the next year, 2007, at the BASE! They were a nice flowering bush, but definitely not a tree here. The Red-Tipped Photinia didn't come back, this was when I lived in Kansas City North, closer to the International airport, I don't think I was getting any benefit from the urban heat island effect like I am here, just East of Kansas City.

I need more Irises, now that my landscaped area for plants is getting more defined, I'll likely fill it up in the near future. The only Jasmine I have is a houseplant, Tri-colored Jasmine.
I have a honeysuckle, just a Hall's Honeysuckle that blooms white. It is almost to the top of my 8 or 9 foot tall clothesline-post fence thing I made. It's in the above photo with all the new mulch too.
It's hard to tell it in that photo but that vine goes about 3 feet higher than that post on that fence thing I put up there. I just now got the receipts ready for those 2 Roses from Kmart, I'm taking them back if they don't get leaves in 90 days. It's not actually 3 months, it's only 90 days. I bought that Royal America on 4/12 and it says must be returned by 7/11, if one were to go on 7/12 for a refund they'd prolly
leave red faced.

In this photo is 2 of my latest additions, the red climber 'Scarlet Sensation' and a Liriope, it says Variegated Liriope on the label. Haha, I got the new rose and the Liriopes' rec'ts safely at the ready..lol, they also get 90 days! Those Hostas are the four divisions that I got the other day when I replaced these struggling ones in the front yard with some better ones. Behind them is some Flowering Dogwoods that I got from the state nursery in a bundle, they are in terrible dirt. I just wanted to get them out of the shipping package that they were shipped in.

Thumbnail by shortleaf
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Too much to catch up on. I've been babysitting and sick off an on for two weeks. I hope to be 100% by tomorrow.

Walmart here has been doing that too. I saw something that was might tempting, but thought it wasn't hardy here. I didn't buy it and looked it up later. I would have wasted my money.

Get well soon Sally. Yeah, some stores have stuff shipped here from states like Florida, of course it looks all lush and nice here in the Summer. But towards November, some plants can tend to look like these dead plants that they tried to sell for a quarter apiece at a local box store one year, they still do it.
The last one is an Italian Stone Pine. In the background is cut Christmas trees for sale.
Aren't they precious?! They tried hard to sell everything before it got cold!

This message was edited Apr 29, 2012 2:21 PM

billyp, hope you are back to 100 percent tomorrow, dang being sick.
We are getting rain, and we needed it up here. It would of been nice if it is on the week day but I will take it when I can get it....rofl.
Next week looks like it is warming up again finally. I would love to take the tropicals outside and get them out of the house.
Now that it has rained I can throw down some mulch and help trap some of the moisture hopefully. I have been holding off waiting for the rain. I have a bunch of stuff that need to be planted in pots, I could do that, but I am not...kind of being lazy.

DH has bought some chickens and some ducks, they are so cute.....but now he has to build a pen because if chickens get in my flowers dh will be in big trouble, and the ducks, I sure don't want them in my tiny water garden...rofl, and they might eat my fish...... He has no idea what kind of chickens he bought, or ducks....he is something else. The ducks are in a clear plastic storage box, up on a shelf, our basset hound is just glued to that area watching....

Oh, chickens and ducks! I don't think their allowed here in this city, but they'd be good pets and having free eggs would be great, happ! Lotsa rain here too, I'm glad, no watering for a while!

Here is the Hall's Honeysuckle gonna be blooming some white flowers! Next time I won't get so much green from other trees in the background of that plant.

How do you like how I tied up the 'Satisfaction' Lily Trees with twine, to help protect them from the strong wind hopefully.

Here's my Red Lily clump from Pepper on the left in the photo, it should be blooming some red flowers pretty soon. That's one of the Purple Coneflower clumps next to it.

The next time I show a photo of these there will hopefully be mulch there. I plan to get more cedar mulch this week.

I'd like to get my houseplants outside as well. Now that the sun is more overhead or something, they get no sun, also the leaves on the trees outside could also be blocking it from coming in.

Here's some Hollyhocks that I grew from seeds, they are either the multi-colored Summer Carnival or the glorious black Hollyhock from Seedrack.com. I just gotta wait on those to see which is which because the labels faded bad over the Winter. They are just behind the Red Lily and the Coneflower plant, they get mulch soon too.

Lastly, here is a wide view of the whole thing, over on the left you can see the Hollyhocks behind the Red Lily and the Coneflower. In front of the Red Lily and the Coneflower is a Hydrangea, then all the way in the front is a Soapwort next to the water and a 'Munstead' Lavender left of it. Further back there is a Japanese Barberry and in the blue fish is a Speedwell 'Veronica'. The tree is my 8 year old American Persimmon. WWayyy.. back there, the red tree is a dissected Weeping Japanese Maple, next to that is a Dwarf Mugo Pine (little), right of that is a Colorado Blue Spruce 'Globosa'. Behind that, and hard to see is a Butterfly Bush 'Nanho Blue', in the other blue fish is a Soapwort, Hall's Honeysuckle going up the clothesline-post, 2 yellow Water Irises in the water, there's more over to the right, and out of good sight and sight, but it's harder to see.
Also, the photo that I look at offline is about 10 times larger. If DG uploaded actual size photos their servers would probably always be crashed!
Will

Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

52/70/50
Through 10am: Low clouds, fog and poor visibility conditions will improve by 7am.
Cloudy skies early, followed by partial clearing. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.

Thanks Happ!
I feel stronger but am still hacking :o(
OHHH, I'll bet they are adorable! My earliest memory is at 2 years old, walking across the road to the chicken house to see the baby chicks Dad bought. I love them to this day!
And eat everything in sight they will. At least they scratch it out of the ground to eat the bugs you disturbed planting it. DD had three ducks and is down to one. He sleeps in the chicken house with the chickens. You will need a small wading pool for them to get in and out of.
LOVE the basset hound watching, LOL!

Yep Will,
The eggs are bonus. The duck eggs are creamy and make good cakes.
The honeysuckle looks great and tying up the lilies is smart. Boy they got tall fast! The mulch is going to make a big difference. It's all really filling in! Looking good!

Yesterday, IT RAINED AGAIN!! We got 7/10'' on top of the 8/10'' and I am so happy! The weather is warm all week with no more freezing temps. Flowers are going to pop!

Will the garden is really coming together. You should be proud, the mulch will just dresss it all up. Be careful on your tree not to put mulch up on the trunk, it can cause all kinds of problems. I know you see landscape companies do it all the time but you don't want the volcano look, really hard on trees. Keeps moisture ont he bark which can cause rot and/or bugs easy access.

We got lots of great rain yesterday and I sure could of slept in today...in fact I did, came into work later than normal.

Got the side boards for my pergala, DH has to help me put those up because they are too big to do by myself, but he is really busy working on the septic tank and a couple of other things, so I am patiently waiting for him to finish up a couple of projects. As soon as we get those up I should be able to do everything myself. Cant wait.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.